Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

commssion only or hourly plus commission?

smile

Jan 15, 2008, 4:31 PM
They just changed our pay structure again...
Now instead of the 8.50 an hour plus commission...we are getting commission only. How do you guys and gals feel about that? I don't know which one I am going to like better?
Blumpelstiltskin

Jan 15, 2008, 4:46 PM
Depends how good of a salesperson you are.

If they drop the hourly, your commission must be going up.

I'd be okay on just commission.
smile

Jan 15, 2008, 6:52 PM
Well, I made 200.00 dollars today, and it was actually not as busy as usual...so I guess I will be ok 🙂
Debo

Jan 15, 2008, 6:05 PM
I did that for a little while, and I'll never go back. It's good if you're at a busy location, if not than your paychecks could be so small you'll cry.
Blumpelstiltskin

Jan 15, 2008, 7:04 PM
And then dry your tears with your commission log.

I feel your pain. It's been SO slow here since xmas.
labellavita

Jan 17, 2008, 5:22 PM
commission only is a slap in the face from a company. we have days where we help like ten customers, and only bill payments. so basically you work for free when its so slow
cremz

Jan 16, 2008, 11:21 AM
My compaints about it (especially for an agent)

1. You have to follow even more closely to your commission sheets and disconnects and unfortunately I have seen bad owners try to cheat employees.

2. Commission only creates bad sales people.(read first) It creates desparation in employees, which forces employees to become more agressive and also opens up for fraud (putting on features that the customer doesn't know, and other more worse things)

3. It also shows the level a company cares about customer service. On a very high average, an hourly plus commission employee will be more likely to provide much better customer service especially when not selling.

4. As to all rules and assumptions there are exceptions to the rules. Bad e...
(continues)
dznutts

Jan 16, 2008, 1:19 PM
hmph... I would have quit the company once they decided to do that... its just the companies way of saying "hi Im too cheep" if your asking me i say its a sign the company is haveing some financial problems!
Wyldchylde

Jan 16, 2008, 1:36 PM
I've worked on an only commission basis before, I sold furniture before coming to wireless.

I didn't like working on all commission because I came in contact with so many employees who had unethical sales practices and who openly stole sales and would brag about them behind people's back because they didn't care. They were making money and you weren't, therefore it looked bad on you when you had a slow month and they had all the sales.

And when you do have slow months, it can be hard to survive when you're only on commission so if you're in a high volume location you should be okay. Plus it all depends on how you commission structure works in the first place.

Granted there were sometimes when I made more money in a month then I'v...
(continues)
yeahright

Jan 17, 2008, 6:08 PM
that sucks, I base all my bills off of my base then try to save and buy other crap off my bonus. Are they atleaste giving you a draw or a minimum
vs1phn

Jan 17, 2008, 6:17 PM
I get salary plus commission. The pay isn't too bad at all. My base is decent. It depends on your pay structure for your commmission. What % you get.....I just renegotiated my contract. I'm not mad at all!

My second job is hourly and commision. I make more hourly than my salary, but the commision pay out isn't as high on the average.

Depends on your location and your talents.
I wouldn't go straight commission. A couple big pay checks doesn't give me the piece of mind that salary/hourly does. I'm more comfortable with both.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.