all discussions

show all 22 replies

I HATE YOU!

mooiscoow

Dec 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
Dumba$$(aka customer)😁A
Annoyed worker (aka me):AW

DA: Hi, I can't get my iPhone to work.

AW: Well, have you set it up on your computer.

DA: Everytime I try it won't work.

AW: Well, when did you set up your iTunes account.

DA: I don't have one.

AW: It won't work without it.

DA: But, I didn't need it with my RAZR.

AW: Well, you need it now.

DA: But I don't why I just can't use microsoft windows like with anything else.

I had to send her to the corporate store. For the first time in my life, I felt bad for the corporate store.
lscarb85

Dec 29, 2007, 11:40 AM
Why wouldn't you just take the time and explain it to the customer instead of sending them to the cor. store. It's a waste of the customers time to drive all over to get some questions answered. This is a great example of why I hate indirects. Most of them are either just lazy, stupid, or only concerned with selling whatever they can to make a buck instead of helping customers. Then they send their problems to cor. Thanks!
princessn1984

Dec 29, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm at a corp store (not the same company)... but when I can't understand a customer or something, I just send them to customer service (where they service the phones).
chainsaw

Dec 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
lscarb85 said:
Why wouldn't you just take the time and explain it to the customer instead of sending them to the cor. store. It's a waste of the customers time to drive all over to get some questions answered. This is a great example of why I hate indirects. Most of them are either just lazy, stupid, or only concerned with selling whatever they can to make a buck instead of helping customers. Then they send their problems to cor. Thanks!

You're kidding right? COR stores are just as lazy if not lazier. Most of the time they won't even help a customer for customer service, they will just make them call customer service.

And, you shouldn't send them to a COR store, they can't activate it there anyway...
(continues)
sammish

Dec 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
as someone who has worked both indirect and corporate, I can honestly say that there are slackers in both arenas. corporate stores are problematic for shuffling off customer service issues (either to their tech dept or to the phone number cust svc) because they are pushed so hard to sell that they just don't think they have the time. I don't know about other carriers, but the one I've worked for you could get fired for not making sales frequently enough. So as obnoxious as their hard sales pitches and triple-asking are, I understand why they have to do it.

working for an indirect agent is quite a bit different, at least with my company...we are sales-oriented but not to the point where job security depends on it. We have more time fo...
(continues)
will6265

Dec 29, 2007, 5:18 PM
i disagree, ive also worked for both myself and for several carriers and it has been the same experience all the time. Indirects cause more problems than they solve...wether it be with the crappy generic accesories that they sell or when a rep gets a little screwdriver happy when he shouldnt.The story always ends with a headache for me when i have to undo the crap that dealers do!
chainsaw

Dec 29, 2007, 5:21 PM
Some indirects do. Others are good. But I think in general, COR has a little more big brother in its blood.
ac4321

Dec 30, 2007, 4:30 PM
will6265 said:
i disagree, ive also worked for both myself and for several carriers and it has been the same experience all the time. Indirects cause more problems than they solve...wether it be with the crappy generic accesories that they sell or when a rep gets a little screwdriver happy when he shouldnt.The story always ends with a headache for me when i have to undo the crap that dealers do!

Screwdriver happy. Hahaha, yeah, I've had to fix many of those messes. The world works, generally, on a you-break-it-you-fix-it policy. If I break a phone I'm repairing, I fix it or give another phone, I don't pawn it off on someone else.

mooiscoow said:

I had to send her to the corporat
(continues)
UOQuack

Dec 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
hahaha! You're welcome!

For the record, AT&T indirects dont receive any training whatsoever on iPhones, how to set them up, or anything to do with the iPhone. We are not allowed to sell or service this device. AT&T COR stores, on the other hand, do sell the iPhone and therefore would have the training necessary to solve this customer's problem. So in this case anyway, sending the customer to a COR store was not only appropriate, but required.

You are right though, to a certain extent. There are many indirects who are only about making a dollar for themselves. However, some of us understand that providing great customer service actually will increase our bottom line over the long run. So please, don't lump us all into the same ba...
(continues)
chainsaw

Dec 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
You should really try to self educate yourself on the iphone.

It doesn't matter where you buy the iphone, its activated through itunes so sending them to a COR store, doesn't solve their problem and will ultimately frustrate the customer.

As and indirect, you can still get activations off of iphone customers. If someone brings one in and asks if you can port their number over you can and your company will still get paid on the activation. Then you tell the customer that the account is now setup, they just need to complete the activation through itunes. We also give them a nokia 6030 with the activation and show them how it will benefit them as a backup phone incase they don't want to bring their phone somewhere such as skiing, camping...
(continues)
chainsaw

Dec 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
err, nm about the pretzels.
mooiscoow

Dec 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
I know all about the iPhone. I am just sick and tired of these dumb people who are getting the iPhone and don't know anything about what they are getting. I just don't feel like arguing with the customer about the fact that it was blasphemy what she wanted to happen.
ac4321

Dec 30, 2007, 4:36 PM
So you waste the time of a corporate store *knowing* that a store can't help them?
🙄

Now you know why corporate stores are sick and tired of indirects.
😉
princessn1984

Dec 30, 2007, 4:42 PM
Why be mad at the customer? Obviously it is the rep's fault who sold them the phone for not helping them understand the phone.
UOQuack

Dec 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
I actually do know a bit about it, more along the lines of selling against it than providing information or training about it. I personally don't use iTunes, so I wouldnt be any use to anyone for training on that. I'm familiar with the process you described for customers who come in with an iPhone wanting to port, however our RAE and her boss both have told our principles we will not get paid for those types of activations. So we dont do it.

Gotta admit, I dont get the pretzels reference... 😕
mooiscoow

Dec 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
It was for me.
chainsaw

Dec 29, 2007, 1:28 PM
hmmm that sucks, I know we get paid for them.
lscarb85

Dec 29, 2007, 12:42 PM
Thats why i said most and some because I know not everyone is like that. Well, except for all buy one of the indirects in my area. They really are lazy and mislead customers.
UOQuack

Dec 29, 2007, 1:24 PM
Well I've worked for some really shady indirect principles and some really great ones too. Never worked the corporate side, but I know some who do who are pretty shady. Just like all walks of life, each channel has it's shady people, and unfortunately the shady ones give the rest of us a really bad rep.
mooiscoow

Dec 29, 2007, 12:04 PM
It is beause I was fustrated and since I am here by myself I couldn't give her to someone else here.
I explained to her that she needs iTunes, and she didn't want to do that. That is the extent of my help for her. If she doesn't want to do it, then she is going to prob return it.
The cor store it right across the street and it takes all but 2 mins, depending on the light you have to take you there. I can walk there in 10 minutes.
Also, they give indirects so much they can do. I don't send people to the COR cause I want to, but I have to most of the time. We are in a Military heavy area, and I can't look up most of their accounts because of us being regional.
PhonemanJ

Dec 29, 2007, 3:57 PM
I work for an indirect agent and we have essentially been told that we are not to do anything with the Iphone. We are to refer customers to customer care or COR store. You may moan and bitch about us sending you questions about the Iphone, but you don't gripe about us having to send customers to you to buy it.
burntbridges

Dec 31, 2007, 2:01 PM
actually, we get the most issues out of people coming to us once COR pisses them off and having US fix THEIR problems.
Gangstaman40oz

Dec 29, 2007, 8:05 PM
🤤

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.