Shop Talk

all discussions

ummm...ouch

rxymsft

Dec 6, 2007, 4:23 PM
this is one of my weirdest calls ever.

me: how can i help you today?

cust: i need a new phone.

me: okay, well i'll be happy to see what i can do to assist you. what seems to be the problem with your current device?

cust: when i put the phone to my head, i get a sharp pain in my brain.

me: 😳 hmmm...like a headache?

cust: sort of. but it's really bad. it doesn't happen when i use different phones. i took it to the store and they told me to call warranty to get a replacement.

me: sir, while i do understand that could be painful, it's not something we are going to be able to replace for you under warranty.

cust: really? what could be causing it? is it the radiation that comes out of the phone? i heard those radio waves...
(continues)
ac4321

Dec 6, 2007, 7:33 PM
What kind of phone is it? I've had some Razr V3m's that emit a very high pitched tone out of the earpiece. It's high enough that some people can't hear it but a long exposure to it would probably cause a headache.

The first time a customer told me he heard "a mosquito" or something like that in his phone I thought he was crazy. Then my coworkers and I listened to it and confirmed it had a very high pitched buzz. Since then, I've only had a handful of them out of the thousands I've seen.

If you're a call center rep then it's hard to confirm that over the phone. If I were you, I'd send them to a store/repair place to have it checked if your carrier offers that in store.
KioskLife

Dec 6, 2007, 7:44 PM
I've had a customer like that once, he told me he could "hear the radiation" from his phone and he wanted me to do a swap on another motel till he could find one he couldn't "hear the radiation" with... That's just odd... at best. Guy was really serious too, told me that he asked all of his friends and none of them can hear it (...that right there should tell you something!)
LoopiKelli

Dec 6, 2007, 8:16 PM
*frantically searches for her staple gun*

I bet this will radiate a little.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.