Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Need Some Opinions

hardcorehavok

Nov 27, 2007, 10:46 AM
I am looking to upgrade to a PDA or smartphone. This will be the first time I have had one. I have read reviews here and on other sites like CNET and Engadget Mobile, but I still cannot decide. Please help me. I am currently looking at 5 different devices:

AT&T 8525
AT&T Tilt
Samsung Blackjack
Samsung Blackjack II
MOTO Q Global

The 8525 and the Tilt are pretty much the same device except for the Tilt's tilt and it runs on WM6.

The Blackjack II appears to be better than the original, but because it is so new, there are very few reviews on it.

I have been looking forward to a GSM Q since the original came out.

I am looking for a 3G device (which they all are) with good web browsers and media players. I do not care about corp...
(continues)
poweredup

Nov 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
you would probably get better advice if you posted in the right forum, try the at&t forum under the carriers tab
attslave

Nov 27, 2007, 12:30 PM
The tilt is suppose to be an upgraded version of the 8525 with all the kinks worked out. I do believe this to be true since that is what they said when they came out with the 8525 after the 8125. This is also what they are saying about the blackjack II. So in my opinion I would go with the MOTO Q
attslave

Nov 27, 2007, 12:32 PM
SORRY THAT WAS MEANT TO BE I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS TRUE
laskar

Nov 27, 2007, 1:05 PM
the moto q is the biggest mistake ever. dont get it my friend bought one and lost all his contacts it erased his expanded memory card and to boot the battery was shot after a week. so to recommend a piece of junk to shame on you. htc makes quality products as well as samsung. just dont trust the q.
attslave

Nov 30, 2007, 9:15 AM
I work in ATT warranty and we don't have hardly anyone call in for the Moto Q. HTC makes the worst products they put products out before they are completely tested. Similar to Blackberry and the pearl. NO phone can erase a memory card that is placed into it UNLESS the user reformats the card repeatedly.
southtexrep

Nov 27, 2007, 8:15 PM
I would personally go with the Tilt, but that's just me. Why? Well because it's WM6 and you can customize it like crazy (if you're into that kind of stuff). There is so much free software out there for PPC phones (wm6 professional), you can basically control anything with it, including accessing your songs and files on your pc at home from anywhere.

Make sure you are getting the type of wm6 you want, because I think the Blackajck is wm6 smartphone (wm6 standard), which has a few limitations compared to the Tilt, plus there is not as much free software for it.

Now if all this stuff doesn't really matter to you, Just go with wm6 smartphone (blackjack I or II, or Moto Q) because the standard WM6 OS is a bit more stable, and I've no...
(continues)
HotKarl666

Nov 27, 2007, 9:37 PM
Actually all those devices are junk. Stick With Blackberry, Iphone, HTC and in that order.
southtexrep

Nov 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
Actually, both the 8525 and the Tilt are HTC devices. 🙂
southtexrep

Nov 27, 2007, 10:55 PM
And stay away from the iphone if you are looking for a real PDA. The iphone is like ATT's answer to T-mobile's Sidekick. ALbeit, it is much much better than the sidekick, it still sucks (for lack of a better word) in comparison to other PDA's that are out there. Do a side by side comparison here on phonescoop with the iPhone and any HTC device and you will see the difference.
rxymsft

Nov 29, 2007, 5:19 PM
i would go for the tilt as opposed to the 8525. i prefer the look and the actual tilt form--plus, it does have a few additional apps that i like as well. you can get the wm6 update for the 8525 though, so i wouldn't use that as a factor in your decision. i don't know much at all about the Q, so i won't pretend/however, if you do go with it...let me know what you think. i'm curious. i hate the original blackjack, and i don't forsee the issues there getting much better the second time around. give us some follow up here when you decide. i'd rather get reviews from someone who actually knows what they're talking about than, well...you know...the customers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.