Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Um, can I panic now?

Iskeirka

Nov 20, 2007, 12:27 AM
Okay, so about this time last year the managers decided to make us take support calls along with our sales calls. Then they would take the support people and make them take upgrade calls.

Get it? So sales does new lines, and the other dept (CMO) does upgrades. Only difference is CMO doesn’t get commission.

Then the managers decided to let CMO do add-a-lines. You know, only if they come across a customer that needs one while they’re upgrading.

Then CMO could do business accounts, for upgrading, of course.

Then CMO started getting sales calls on a regular basis…

Then they started an outbound calling campaign, something that even sales can’t do. So now they are actively calling our corporate customers and con...
(continues)
apostolic_alcoholic

Nov 20, 2007, 3:34 AM
"Can I panic now?"

"Good."

😎

You know lately we’ve gotten a lot of online training specifically geared towards sales. Perhaps all this cross training is part of a larger plan to create a one-stop-shop.

Like Bleu said, this is becoming a Data-Mart environment.

“Always low expectations. Always.”
Iskeirka

Nov 20, 2007, 9:03 AM
Lol. Good one.

And we've been getting training for a lot of customer care issues. 😕

But at the same time they've taken away our acess to acss and vision, so they expect us to help customers... but the only systems we have now are read-only. Whatever. I don't want to do customer care anyway. I want to do the job that I signed up for... is that so much to ask?

It really sounding like they're trying to combine everything. It would be a good idea... if the turnover rate in call centers weren't so high. Great. Now we can provide sub-par service to our customer's on an equal level AND make no money doing it.
TechToyJunkie

Nov 21, 2007, 10:23 AM
What market are you in? Do you think that with the vision transparency that cross area activations will bring more business in, or take more away from your department?

And on another note, if the job disappears remember that you are in a huge thriving industry with plenty of opportunities. And with the amount it costs VZW to train a new employee they probably wouldn't want to see you take that to Tmo or Cingy . Find a job offer from another company and try to use that as leverage. Otherwise put in your two weeks notice and try to negotiate with your AD. Remember, this is you and your family you are taking care of so you only have to be loyal to yourself.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.