Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 43 replies

The end is now

bleu_aluminum

Nov 19, 2007, 4:27 AM
It is with a heavy heart that I am forced to come forward as a loyal Verizon Wireless employee and announce the dissolution of the Wireless Data Technical Support team (known to customers as WDTS). I really didn't want to reach outside the company channels. My fellow employees and I were desperately hoping to get some questions answered during a "skip level" meeting with the Albuquerque call center director, however the meeting was abruptly cancelled at the eleventh hour leaving the fate of our entire division 'teter'ing drunkenly at the edge of a precipice. I don't know if there were extenuating circumstances but the meeting, which included top employees, was scheduled to squelch rumors spiraling around the transition of WDTS from highly ...
(continues)
tgoace

Nov 19, 2007, 9:38 PM
Hear hear! Trust me, I'll feel the loss as well. Who am I gonna call after I perform Tier 1 & Tier 2 troubleshooting in the store? Hell, regular customer care is being outsourced to some low-grade company named PRC. They suck!

Please stay WDTS--we need you! 😁
Stack

Nov 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
Bound to happen. I myself have been a part of many of these shopped out 'resources'. I hope Verizon customers enjoy speaking with 3rd world country support with a minimal grasp of English and customer service skills.
BriggsBU

Dec 6, 2007, 10:30 PM
Meh, VZW doesn't have any centers in other countries. Even the outsource centers are in the USA.
BriggsBU

Dec 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
Pray you get my center (outsource, but not PRC thank god). We know what we're doing. I handle about a dozen FRU calls a day. Usually goes like this:

What's the issue?

Do the troubleshooting?

No water damage?

Where ya need it sent?
tgoace

Dec 7, 2007, 12:20 AM
BriggsBU said:
Pray you get my center (outsource, but not PRC thank god). We know what we're doing. I handle about a dozen FRU calls a day. Usually goes like this:

What's the issue?

Do the troubleshooting?

No water damage?

Where ya need it sent?

I swear to god it's gotten to the point that I'll refresh the account remarks until I can see what call center answered. If it says PRC at all I know what I'm dealing with and just hang up and call again until I actually get real CARE.

PRC KILLS me. They will only offer a max credit of 25% even if VZW is at fault!
Iskeirka

Nov 20, 2007, 12:15 AM
Hmm... I wonder if that's why I couldn't get to WDTS the other day.

If it's any consolation they are doing pretty much the same thing to sales. Instead of being a pure sales dept, they are making us take customer care calls. We weren't trained in billing. And we work off commission. It sucks. ☹️
bleu_aluminum

Nov 20, 2007, 3:51 AM
You couldn't get into WDTS the other day because:

"The number you're attempting to reach is correct, however the representative formally known as WDTS you were trying to call is currently assisting a customer with a text messaging issue. Operator recording, 8675309. Are you still there? Please hang up."

That's right we were taking F***ING TEXT MESSAGING CALLS!
apostolic_alcoholic

Nov 20, 2007, 3:27 AM
You know if they catch you here you're fired.

Strange how the Gestapo will actually pull you aside for interrogation for viewing this site. Odd to see how they are trying to silence peer-to-peer communication at work through implied threat of being watched by big brother. Yet here we are all reading the same thing logged in as guests or members.

Six months prior how many re-assurances did we receive (from supervisors, trainers and AD's alike) that they would not be watering us down, diluting us to the outsourced simpletons that staff the hellish halls of Andalusia or those nuckle-dragging neophytes at the Denver PRC?

In hindsight this absurd cluster **** has been a long-time coming. Remember a short year ago when the bottom feed...
(continues)
dishettante

Nov 20, 2007, 3:36 AM
As a former comrade of Albuquerque WDTS, I can sadly say everything you've expressed is exactly why I resigned.

For the first half of my employment as a WDTS coordinator, I had great pride and enjoyment of my role. I took the job because of how specialized it was. As WDTS, we were the best of the best. That idea was enforced from our first day of training where we were told the 14 of us were chosen out of thousands of applicants. It didn't give me a big head, but it showed me there is a considerable difference between Customer Care and WDTS. I was always thankful that I was chosen to be in the latter.

I was leading in my quality scores from the first day and steadily proved my worth and abilities early on. That gave me chances to do o...
(continues)
tektek0101

Nov 22, 2007, 1:38 PM
You whiny little ingrates.

Look around you; look at your sad little triangle of a desk. How’s that view of the fabric wall in front of you? You don't even have a real cubicle. Ya have a real clear image of your daily grind yet? Good. The people who are making the decisions that steer the course of this company have real desks, they have real offices and you, are quite simply put, the least important part of this whole machine. The decision has been made and all your complaining and whistle-blowing is completely irrelevant.

One of the truly great things about Verizon Wireless is that all our advancement is performance based. I got off the floor and into management because I worked harder than the whiners like you that surroun...
(continues)
ShackViperElite

Nov 22, 2007, 6:43 PM
Wow... creating a username just to reply to a post. Such venom and vile... I thought I knew angry people, you take the cake though. Jeesh...
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Dec 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
no kidding, someone must not have been breast fed. 🤣
hmmmwonder

Nov 22, 2007, 7:56 PM
Obviously you do not have respect for your calling on the management team. I find your statement very disheartening: Verizon rewarded me by giving me a team of you worthless phone reps to manage.
bleu_aluminum

Nov 23, 2007, 12:10 AM
Are you kidding me? No wonder so many people are deciding to leave the call center. Now you can all understand what I'm dealing with.

Look I'm only bringing up these points because I WANT the company to do well and I WANT to move up. Don't get all high and mighty about your position at the cost of "the machine parts".
apostolic_alcoholic

Nov 25, 2007, 2:07 AM
Here is how this shakes out. Verizon sends phonescoop a menacing letter, they roll over, send VZW our email addresses.

We all collect unemployment.

Lets make the best of it and form Halo3 squad.
bleu_aluminum

Nov 25, 2007, 2:16 AM
Quit trying to intimidate us. Phone Scoop prides itself in being independent. If they pander to a carrier and it gets out (which it will) suddenly all their reviews lack credibility and their advertising goes to hell. Who is going to believe a website based on impartiality that bends to the corporate will of a wounded animal?

No I trust that we are safe. This is merely an internal debate discussed in the only truly open forum we are allowed.
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
hahaha
bleu_aluminum

Nov 23, 2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry I missed this in your novel of a post...

Treo Queue? I can't believe they would treat us the same way they did those temp workers. I mean come on we are at least employees and deserve some respect.
oldtimer_sprint

Nov 23, 2007, 10:55 PM
This is mildly amusing. Ok, so like this whatever, really has no life, hates his wife and kids, and blew the blood vessels in his eyes. 🤣 (maybe he should go Rio Rancho at least he would make more than an 80 dollar bonus.)
dakandymankan

Nov 25, 2007, 4:14 AM
😢

I'm disappointed, tektek0101, that instead of addressing the issues directly you feel the need to impersonate a member of management to get your point across. Indeed, as TRUE member of management I know that there are a number of exciting challenges that await Verizon Wireless in 2008. People are concerned because of the name change but really nothing is going to change. We are still here to service the customer, now we'll be able to help not only with technical issues but also billing or price plan changes. This means in times of high call volume, we'll be able to better assist our teammates by handling overflow from Care or DSC with the same level of competence we show with our current high-level data customers. The position ...
(continues)
Stack

Nov 25, 2007, 11:28 PM
dakandymankan said:
😢

I'm disappointed, tektek0101, that instead of addressing the issues directly you feel the need to impersonate a member of management to get your point across. Indeed, as TRUE member of management I know that there are a number of exciting challenges that await Verizon Wireless in 2008. People are concerned because of the name change but really nothing is going to change. We are still here to service the customer, now we'll be able to help not only with technical issues but also billing or price plan changes. This means in times of high call volume, we'll be able to better assist our teammates by handling overflow from Care or DSC with the same level of competence we show with our current h
(continues)
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 11:24 PM
now that sounds and feels like vzw management...punk

hahahahahaha
Trench.Coat.4.Hire

Dec 1, 2007, 11:50 PM
bitter because your just as expendable as anyone else. You also sound like one of those snide people who think that the corporate machine you slave for will F*ck everyone else but you, but eventually they'll shaft you too. 🤣
igottareply

Nov 26, 2007, 1:09 AM
Okay... let's all take a step back and think about things for a minute or two here. I see things from both sides, and just want to sound off.
First of all, tektek0101 is obviously not a member of management. I agree with dadandymankan on that. Dakandymankan is most obviously truly a member of management, as is evident in the post.
I have a number of issues with tektek's posting.
First of all, anyone who has worked with us since this place opened knows that statements such as: "you, are quite simply put, the least important part of this whole machine", and "by giving me a team of you worthless phone reps to manage", and "hell anyone can be taught your degree of logic and critical thinking" knows that this is not management's way of think...
(continues)
tektek0101

Nov 26, 2007, 2:25 AM
Oh **** me, nearly a week later and a few more whiny little ingrates got a voice.

Not a member of management?

Oh my fresh-faced ingrate, allow me to school you in the etymology of the WDTS usage of the word Starfish. Once upon an offsite waste of my ****ing STI there was a joke of an inspirational speaker who, in his infinite wisdom, chose to adorn tables with plastic echinoderms belonging to the class Asteroidea, commonly referred to as a starfish.

Were you there?

You claim to see both sides yet there is only one side. Allow me to caplock it to you YOU'VE BEEN OUTSOURCED TO CARE. Disgruntled former, try disgruntled current employee. Imagine being a WDTS manager under headquarters. The perception of WDTS Management was alwa...
(continues)
igottareply

Nov 26, 2007, 3:59 AM
Lol... you are a piece of work.

Call me a whiny little ingrate? Read my posts. I'm not an ingrate at all, I'm grateful to this company for my freakin' job, and what I can do to help people on a daily basis...

Use as many fancy words and phrases as you wish, you cannot dispute the fact that YOU, not I, are the disgruntled ingrate here. Perhaps YOU were the one that was outsourced to care, and that's why you have problems with what's happening here.

Whatever the case, I am not "grovelling" for training. I can out-tech you, and out-politic you in any situation. You have made this perfectly clear with your obvious attitude issue. You have serious issues with this company, and that's fine, whatever... Need I remind you that you also liv...
(continues)
Sizen

Nov 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
Why can't we all just get along.........such anger...lets all sing a song........ 🙂
mvozow

Nov 26, 2007, 8:27 PM
you guys are funny
like anyone cares what happens to anyone else it's all a matter of first come first serve
serve the customer
for anyone who replies just adds more coal to the fire. and as for "management"
you are just as expendable as everyone else.
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 11:00 PM
..might be colin, but dont think so...too much affinity for the technical jargon and mindset...feels like a wdts rep...hahahaha
igottareply

Nov 26, 2007, 1:44 AM
Oh, by the way...
I do agree with Tektek on one issue, and one issue only.
This company offers tuition assistance.
If you are truly worried about your job, train yourself. Get certificates (CISCO, A+, MCDST), whatever it takes for career advancement, take it!
We, as mid-level techs, a lot of times get stuck in complacency knowing just enough to get by and do our jobs. If you want Career Progression, take the bull by the horns and make the time to do it. Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard between work and family to do so, but that's the best way to get ahead here. If you want to be secure in your job, then get out there and do the work. Like dakandyman said "The position "coordinator" was really meant to be a stop on the career progress...
(continues)
imacattack

Nov 26, 2007, 3:21 AM
Its a first for me to post on these forums. Usually I'm trolling for information to help me fix a variety of issues and from the sound of this post I'm going to be spending more time on these forums. I've had Verizon service since it was Airtouch and am always looking for the latest and greatest. I even sign up my friends and family. Since I'm always "in the know" I usually end up calling tech support to help my friends get things setup. I recall fondly of the time when I had the direct number to WDTS so I could bypass the lower levels of support. Alas, I now spend countless minutes and three or four transfers just to get to a knowledgeable rep who can help me fix wireless sync. It scares me that I may never have that final tier avail...
(continues)
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 11:55 PM
someone should fwd your post to the wdts rep that helped you so that they can inturn fwd it to their sup and then managenment can officially not give a damn! hahahahaha
dishettante

Nov 26, 2007, 4:13 AM
Let's take a moment to focus on some of the main issues at hand.

Why aren't employees being given a useful way to communicate?

Why is morale so low?

Why is attrition so high?

What can be done to change these things?

First of all, being given the option to e-mail an AD directly to request a meeting to address concerns is a moot point. Unless it's an issue regarding sexual harrassment or something of that sort, other concerns are often overlooked. Myself and several others obtained one on one meetings with AD's and were told the same thing, “Thank you for expressing your concerns. We'll look into it and do what we can to change it.” Or we'd hear, “I'm sorry, but that isn't something I can help you with beca...
(continues)
Stack

Nov 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
This reply is spot on and deserves some follow up.

What will follow next will be a Verizon Call Center wide gag order on a 100% public forum. At least that is my prediction.

What will VZW do next? Coerce the forum owners for emails of posters? Ban posting on this forum? Ban the forum from work? You do realize Verizon's callcenter work force can merely go home register and reply to any post they want?

Surely Version wouldn't consider trying to strong arm a public forum into silence anyways. Actually I am sure they would but if some of the current workforce have made it on to this public forum one has to imagine they are on others as well. Any how I am sure some corporate gag and e-secure strong arm will be in effect shortly. Fe...
(continues)
youknowwhatimean

Nov 29, 2007, 1:04 AM
Look,

The end isn't now.

Let me put two and two together for you folks.

1. Jan 1 transition to the North side of the ABQ Call Center.

2. Prepare to receive training on the rest of the Big 5 services.

3. Receive training for DSC overflow. This includes price plan changes.

4. Finally, once the rest of DSC representatives are trained for customer care overflow (which some of them are now and take those overflow calls), our group will be doing the same. Essentially we will be DSC at this point.

5. Follow DSC's footsteps in being trained for customer care overflow.

In the town hall today, the call center director referred to a post-move WDTS as a one stop shop.

It does make sense from a company perspective. Pl...
(continues)
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 11:02 PM
spoken like a true dsc rep
bleu_aluminum

Nov 30, 2007, 10:08 PM
I am disappointed that this turned out the way it did. Truly my intentions were positive; from the beginning I only wanted an open forum where we could candidly discuss our plight. It seems that early on the thread took a decisively aggressive turn. Tektek0101 decided that instead of a productive discussion our thread would be spiraled into a childish name calling exercise, effectively distracting us from topic at hand.

Now we are left with the chaos of open-ended topics, rushed meetings and mass speculation. I'm sorry to all of you--it was never my goal to cause this distress without any foreseeable reprive in sight. I see now that perhaps my concerns are not really shared by the majority as I once thought they were. It hardly seems...
(continues)
Stack

Dec 1, 2007, 10:44 PM
What the hell happened to you? Raped in the shower?
Stack

Dec 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
If things are this bad geez unionize.
tektek0101

Dec 6, 2007, 9:04 PM
Bleu did, in fact, get raped in the shower. They all did. Since you're
on the outside looking in let me give you a synopsis....

Corporate relations made management aware of the initial post during the
holiday weekend. My brash attack allowed our management team time to
formulate a response to be implemented the following week. The extent of
my impact was immense and beyond even my expectations

My stated goals were accomplished. The whining stopped. The loudest ones
have been silenced or muted through intimidation. After all the drama
caused by a few, I find it heartwarming that they are left to whimper
softly in the background. Secondary goals were also attained. By
hijacking the thread so early I managed to prevent all...
(continues)
haha_lol

Dec 6, 2007, 11:14 PM
I'm tellin' you...I smell a rat. Come on phone monkeys, and anyone else caught in this gloriously pointless diatribe. Tektek01 is a sham, not unlike the 700w, the dsc, and the juke phone...Verizon blew it when they stopped sponsoring Akon. The handwriting is on the wall...the wireless industry as a business is finished, just like the ABQ call center. Your all STI whores. hahahahaha
tektek0101

May 20, 2008, 1:39 AM
It is finished.
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 2:45 PM
Don't make me slap you. No necro posting. 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.