Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Prepaid Customers Bug The Hell Out Of Me

hardcorehavok

Nov 17, 2007, 4:34 PM
I worked for Cingular/AT&T for a year and a half. For the first 6-8 months, we did both postpaid and prepaid customer care. Then, we were converted to a prepaid only call center. Prepaid is easier because there are fewer reasons customers call.

1) Credit - Resolution: "NO!"

2) Refill - Resolution: "Learn to use the IVR or the website!"

3) Activate - Resolution: "Learn to use the IVR or the website!"

4) Technical Problems - Resolution: "Stop dropping your damn phone!"

(Note-The resolutions above are those that I'd like to say, but as I want to keep my job, I find nicer ways to say them.)

One of the worst things about prepaid is the customers do not realize that prepaid goes by the amount of MONEY you have, not the number of ...
(continues)
HotKarl666

Nov 17, 2007, 7:59 PM
Pee-paid customers are only good at the point of activation. After that they are an annoyance.
nization

Nov 17, 2007, 8:28 PM
Your welcome! Do you deal with Pick-your-plan as well? Thats where the fun really is, half att fault of course for saying they get 200 min when in fact, if they use messaging of media net they don't. But have you ever had to deal with a customer and the IVR for features...makes me want to shoot myself. Had a lady screaming at the customer rep guy, I took the phone and he said "I was just telling to select such and such to make it faster" then I had to do the IVR for her because it was all too much. And she has continued to come in every month to renew the feature...yay another loyal customer... 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.