Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Really?

cellsellphones

Nov 12, 2007, 1:19 PM
Had a customer fight with me about plans and phone pricing. Long story short, if a customer renews on an old plan we charge a little more for the phone. He argued that another carrier wouldn't do that. Of course they won't, but they also won't give you the same plan that you signed up with years and years ago. He said he could. So I offered him a hundred dollars if he could get a 40 plan with 2 15 dollar sharetalk lines that comes with 1000 minutes, free incoming and pays 10 for nights and weekends from VZW. He said they would because they can make the plan he wants. Right... What a jerk... 🙄 this also continued for 45 minutes.. even pulled up VZW plans.. he said they were different if you went into a store.. *sigh*
d3ity

Nov 12, 2007, 1:20 PM
If he cut me in on that $100 bucks I might do it...

My boss would flip unholy hell, but it's possible to do it... As long as the codes for the plan are still in eRoes (at least with vzw)
cellsellphones

Nov 12, 2007, 1:23 PM
you can make a plan?
d3ity

Nov 12, 2007, 1:24 PM
No... I didn't say that..

But If I really didn't give a crap about my paycheck, I could keep a Digital Choice 60 plan or something ancient like that.
cellsellphones

Nov 12, 2007, 1:27 PM
well then you can have him. 😁 I'd gladly fork up the 100 bucks to never see him again.
d3ity

Nov 12, 2007, 1:32 PM
that's ok... the hit in commission I'd take over that would probably eat whatever percentage of that 100 i'd see.
tgoace

Nov 13, 2007, 1:24 AM
You'd have to have a phone that's compatible with that plan. You can't activate a current phone on something old. They're not that far backwards compatible with PP & BGSA's
eljeffe666

Nov 12, 2007, 1:26 PM
cellsellphones said:
He said they would because they can make the plan he wants.*sigh*

if the burger king sold phones
cellsellphones

Nov 12, 2007, 1:28 PM
😁 awesome
sckoisks17

Nov 12, 2007, 3:02 PM
With every carrier I sell (Sprint/Nextel, Alltel, and Cell One), if you're on a old plan type and you want to upgrade your phone, you don't have to change your plan. Of course, he's wrong about everything else, but you're wrong about that.
KioskLife

Nov 12, 2007, 3:27 PM
Actually, he's not wrong about that considering how depending on the plan and depending on the company, upgrades might require the customer to change plans. It happens in like 1% of the upgrades, but it happens; usually with those "special" plans that were only available for a few months or with CORP plans.
deepc185

Nov 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
Actually, if he has a Sprint Vision plan for free or $5/month, and upgrades to a PowerVision phone, then his Vision plan isn't compatible, and we have to change it to a $15/mo PowerVision plan. People get PO'd, but I tell them, "Well, if you had a truck that ran on unleaded, and you buy a new diesel truck, you have to pay more for the diesel gas. You can't tell the BP that you always used unleaded before with your old truck so you should get diesel at the same price!" People just seem to think everything with cellphones should be free!
cellsellphones

Nov 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
I didn't say he had to. 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.