all discussions

show all 39 replies

why do you have your current provider?

arsimckhoi

Nov 9, 2007, 1:10 PM
discuss
donkey_kong86

Nov 9, 2007, 1:13 PM
i have t-mobile just because the plans are cheap and resonable and the customer service is great
ajstrong

Nov 9, 2007, 1:15 PM
cheap plan, them begging and pleading for my business: I currently get around $30 in credit a month from Sprint, and the old-school F&F plan that gives me a bank of 100 min. for the paltry fee of $5. So when the wife and I went 227 minutes over our plan, instead of paying .40 a minute or more, we paid around .066 cents a minute for those calls. boo ya! a savings of around $90, if you factor in taxes, etc. and THAT is why I still have Sprint, tho by the looks of it, I won't be switching to VZ anytime soon, with their sneaky tactics and CPNI whoring.
nena23

Nov 13, 2007, 5:56 PM
I work for att but have sprint because i have there SERO plan. 30 bucks a month for unlimited text, internet, and 500 minutes, plus if i go over its only 5 dollars for every 1/2 an hour maybe an hour i dont know but i kow its a good ass deal, my bill is usually no more than 50 bucks
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 9, 2007, 1:56 PM
I have At&t for the following reasons:

-Rollover, I never go over my minutes because of this. 😁

-Good data plans, I am a HEAVY data user and their plans are affordable enough as to not crunch my wallet.

-Better selection of phones than the current carrier I work for.

-They are not VZW.

-Dialing customer service DOESN'T connect me a a busy restaraunt kitchen in the middle of Punjab, India.

-While they may not have the great network compared to VZW, they are everywhere that I need to be.
charliegirl

Nov 9, 2007, 2:01 PM
I have had AT&T Wireless back in 1996 then went to Sprint in 1998 b/c I was selling them and I got a demo line. Then I got Nextel in 2001 b/c everyone in my family had it and it made sense. Then in 2004 I switched to Cingular now At&t. I have it b/c I have free mobile to mobile and all my friends and family have and it's the only service that works at my house. I might switched to Verizon when my contract is up b/c I like their family plans and their phones
black berry

Nov 9, 2007, 2:27 PM
I have 2 employee lines with 2 differant providers, I have a sprint blackberry 8830m mostly because its really cheap and I like EVDO alot, I have a Us cellular line because its free and I gett really really good service everywhere, If I were going to go out and pay money for a line than I would get the US Cellular line, just beacause a phone is only as good as where you can use it and USCC has the best coverage, period. Rollover to me just means that you are on the wrong plan, btw.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 9, 2007, 2:51 PM
"USCC has the best coverage, period. Rollover to me just means that you are on the wrong plan, btw."

🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
Well I agree about the rollover, sort of.

I've never really seen the point...

If you aren't going over your minutes regularly chances are you don't go over at all. If you are going over a lot then you're not building them up anyway. And they DO eventually expire so after a while you're not doing anything but buying the normal minutes because as you add rollover minutes the ones at the end are falling off anyways.

My parents have the Death Star, have had it since it was the original AT&T wireless before the Big Orange blob took over... I remember my mom being pretty annoyed at having to get a new phone... she did it but she didn't like it... my mom likes to keep things the same all the time and not go changing what she understands....
(continues)
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
Now on the flip side I can see where it might be helpful if you had a family emergency... I will never forget the guy when I was first setting up my first phone with VZW and him asking about getting extra minutes because they had a family member in the hospital and still think he could have benefited from rollover at that time. For me I can make use of my MyFaves (the BigPink buzzy product type thing) and the fact that I carry two phones (I felt like such a freak the first week or so now I don't even think about it except to remember to check both for messages) and set 10 numbers to free calling. Since you can change them once a month if I need to be talking to different family members for the crisis I just switch those around and I'm good...
(continues)
nssguy

Nov 9, 2007, 2:58 PM
i use att as well. mainly because basically everyone in my area uses it and the mobile to mobile is unbeatable by sheer numbers. rollover isnt necessarily wrong plan though, with the att mob to mob i basically dont need a min plan...they are all free. otherwise i would go to sprint since i could get it for free basically... but they suck and i hate the idea of ever seeing a roaming indicator on my phone
ajstrong

Nov 9, 2007, 4:11 PM
I disagree. my wife and I consistently use between 500 and 700 minutes on our 800 minute plan, but some months we go over that, like this last month, when we talked over 1000 minutes. in our case, rollover would be fantastic; we have the old F&F plan through Sprint, so I don't need rollover, heh heh.

USCC means you have crap for data, btw.
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 9, 2007, 6:21 PM
black berry said:
Rollover to me just means that you are on the wrong plan, btw.

Not really, incidentally I started off on the 900 min plan for the first 6 mos. I was using only about 600, so I dropped to the 450 plan and just kept the rollover minutes to cover any potential overages.

Never have gone over on my bill, period. For me rollover fit my circumstances perfectly. In your case, it may not. That depends upon your own personal usage.
SprintPony

Nov 9, 2007, 3:53 PM
i use sprint, but i was a customer before i was a rep. i love the network, i've never had an issue take more than 1 phone call to resolve, and the $10 unlimited texting is perfect for my boyfriend and i. we rack up over 5000 texts a month together
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 9, 2007, 6:22 PM
😳 That is alot of typing... 😳
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
I've done worse. I have a Sidekick for my work with the Sign Language club around here (hence the reason I carry two devices, that thing is a PAIN to talk on but great for e-mail and texting) and have mass distra-lists set up for text messaging... I can literally send a text message out that counts as 20 messages in one go (easily, I did that this morning actually.) I can't exactly call people who are Deaf though can I so this works perfectly for me.
HotKarl666

Nov 9, 2007, 4:34 PM
Becaue I dont have yours.
sckoisks17

Nov 9, 2007, 5:32 PM
I have Alltel because I sell it and can use my own phone to demonstrate what Alltel can do, and because it's the only service that works decently within my house.
yodude

Nov 9, 2007, 10:24 PM
I have T Mo. Because it was cheap. And I get what I pay for.... Their customer service sucks. JD Power is crazy. I have not talked to one educated, nice person in the company so far. I have been put on a 3000 minute Myfaves plan when I asked for the 700 min basic family plan. They took off my unlimited messaging when I did that also. I asked for info on buying a USB cable for a 6133 and the lady had NO CLUE what a USB was. There are other problems, but this would be even longer. In short, I would rather pay $30 more to go back to Verizon. Yes, not every CS rep there is awesome either. But in my opinion it's better than TMo.
yodude

Nov 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
And I was proven by TMo yet again yesterday that $600 to cancel my lines isn't looking so bad....
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 1:15 PM
That's really weird. I've had T-Mo for almost 3 years and had exactly two bad calls to customer care as a customer (a few more as an agent but even that is rare) and both times I said "You know, this isn't working for me, I'm going to hang up and call back because either you don't understand the situation or you are unwilling to assist me." Both time I got a new agent on the line who took care of the situation in a few minutes and knew exactly what they were doing.

Now for the 6133, the USB cable for it... she didn't know because we don't have it... Nokia won't give it to us and I am starting to suspect they don't exist. (I was an accessories agent for about 8 months)
yodude

Nov 11, 2007, 1:20 PM
It wasn't just that she didn't know cuz TMo doesn't carry it. I even broke it down for her and said "It's a cord that plugs into the phone and the computer and allows you to download music." Then she proceeded to explain to me how to download a ringtone fron tzones. But I've had them for less than a year and have already had to file a complaint with the FCC.
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 2:04 PM
Dang. What department was she in?

I know in accessories there were a lot of agents who didn't know anything about the tech but they usually knew to come to me (even my sup at the time) if they didn't know for sure. There was one gal who had at least 4 questions for me a day, I spent more time helping the rest of the team than I did taking calls myself some days... I didn't mind but I do wish they could spend more time training people on the hardware, we get some training on the phones when we first start but not enough updates and no training on the accessories... I only know because I'm easily amused and easily bored, I read up just for something to do.

Part of that problem, with accessories, though came from the fact that, at the t...
(continues)
yodude

Nov 11, 2007, 2:08 PM
She was in CS I think.
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 2:58 PM
I never did work Care so I don't know about them but I do remember they would call us to ask about accessories sometimes.
oldtimer_sprint

Nov 10, 2007, 12:26 AM
I would never get Sprint mainly because I tried to get a mobile for my mother when she was having cancer treatments and I was told that I "sucked". So voicestream was more than happy to take me on as a customer, and stayed with Tmobile ever since. 😁
black berry

Nov 10, 2007, 11:36 AM
so than do you suck?
devilsmafia

Nov 10, 2007, 11:21 AM
I have AT&T because I get great reception everywhere I go. Although I work for a Verizon Indirect I don't think i'll be switching. The area where I live and work is covered much better with AT&T than with Verizon. I will be getting a Verizon Demo line soon just for use at work for all the VCAst features, but I'm not giving up my AT&T service unless I were to move or get transfered to an area where the coverage isn't as great as it is here. I've only been to one place so far where I couldnt get any reception, but it's 4 hours away from where I live so I won't ever be traveling there on a regular basis anyways.
stef222

Nov 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
Because I sell it? And I only have to pay $10 a month for a ton of stuff. 😁
techguy22

Nov 10, 2007, 12:36 PM
Because I don't have to pay for it.... At all.
stef222

Nov 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
boo. 😢 I wish I had a free plan.
techguy22

Nov 10, 2007, 12:54 PM
Well someone does pay it just isn't me.... Wait I take that back I have to pay for the insurance on it. (P.S. Most cellular companies give you a free plan for working for them.)
Jennyboo

Nov 10, 2007, 8:46 PM
I have Sprint b/c I've worked for em since 2002 and they're the best in the area.

Before that I had prepaid ... I can't even remember who through
Nikoletta

Nov 11, 2007, 1:49 PM
I had Verizon when I was married, it was the only provider that reached my house and got even close to reaching my work. I was not super thrilled with some of the things they did with their billing and I had difficulty getting in touch with care but it wasn't bad. They were very nice about it when I canceled my line. If I left my current provider I would probably go back, they did treat me pretty well on the rare occasions I had to speak with them and their coverage was good.

Now I work for T-Mobile so I have my service here. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to go with it because service doesn't reach my parent's house but I am glad I did.

I get great coverage everywhere but their house and since the Hot Spots @ Home came out I c...
(continues)
Imajika

Nov 12, 2007, 5:35 AM
Because I work for Sprint and I get my plan for free....well, I pay like 5.00 a month for taxes but everything else is FREE and UNLIMITED! Woohoo! 😁
starduster54

Nov 12, 2007, 9:39 AM
As a state employee, I get discounts from some carriers, and at&t offered the best deal.
cellb1tch

Nov 13, 2007, 11:33 AM
i have cellular one because i work there and it's pretty much free...$15/month for 2000 min, unlimited internet (blackberry included), unlimited text, free nights and weekends

can't complain
devilsmafia

Nov 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
Damn, i want to come work with you so I can get that deal 😉
laskar

Nov 13, 2007, 2:34 PM
ihave have at&t because they get the newest phones and the service is unbeatable the price is right but alittle slow on Customer service
vocalist

Nov 14, 2007, 8:18 PM
Because T-Mobile was the only carrier that didn't require a deposit.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.