Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

why do you consider sprint customer service as bad as hell?

orpheus09

Oct 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
๐Ÿคจ
arsimckhoi

Oct 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
i work for sprint, problem as I see it...

the reps don't know what 3/4 of the buttons and screens are for or how to access them.

my first 3 months had to get help desk to assist with about every other call because the training never came close to what real life interactions and customers were looking for...

they taught us

change plans, read the bill and take payments

what we needed to know:

nothing close to explaining how to cancel or block services like data, text, how to explain bill or spot lts erros...

which department number are actual people and not an automated service...

there is just too much to learn in 5 weeks
arsimckhoi

Oct 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
i could go on...

credit classes

2 cust have asl of $150 they both go over but only one has service shut off! why good god why!
poweredup

Oct 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
๐Ÿคฃ i can tell you why ๐Ÿ˜› 1st person activaed on the account is considered the "person responsible for payments on the account" cause normally you are the 1st to activate a line on your own account(unless they have 3 or more phone on the account at which you can "rank" them from 1 to 3(1 being cut off when bill is too high)) so if your the 1st line on account, your phone gets cut off. they know they definatly have to pay at which time they can recieve calls but just cant make them. second line doesnt get cut off cause technically its not their fault the bill isnt paid, its not their responsibiity.
arsimckhoi

Oct 23, 2007, 1:48 PM
the examples i'm thinking off involve 2 seperate accounts, two different account holders.
poweredup

Oct 23, 2007, 1:53 PM
๐Ÿคจ oh then in that case there are so many reasons why that could happen. but there are ways to find it out if you dig around enough. i do agree with you though, there are so many sitituations that a new hire has not been through yet, but the more time you spend with the company the more you know and what responses to give to different problems although some responses work on customers better than others. so i believe our real CS problem is no tenure, they dont stay long enough.
arsimckhoi

Oct 23, 2007, 2:00 PM
now that i am %100 on board with
sprintg19

Oct 23, 2007, 4:26 PM
I personally had a nightmare time with Sprint over the summer, trying to do a simple upgrade. Spent about 10-15 hrs with CS over a 2 week period, and my daughter was without her phone the whole time. Big problem is one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing, notes don't seem to help, so you begin new with every person you talk to.
poweredup

Oct 23, 2007, 5:13 PM
yeah, i am sorry you had to spend that much time with them, keep in mind, these are the same ppl we call so we feel your pain when we have to stay on the phone for 2 hours to get something resolved for a cust. i know we are starting this new program thats called "first call resoloution" it is where the CS rep might have to put you on hold but will not transfer you, they will go to an online instant messaging program for help with the questions they are unfamiliar with. i hope it works and take pride with resolving someones issue in one call.
Sprintkitty

Oct 23, 2007, 9:42 PM
Oh, that'd be awesome...I can't wait. ๐Ÿ™‚
BigShowJB

Oct 24, 2007, 6:16 PM
I had a greatexperience with that earlier today ...
techsupport got my game purchasing blocked and a $75 credit because my son was sneaking the phone out and buying games -- about $66 worth this month.... ๐Ÿ˜
yodude

Oct 24, 2007, 6:39 PM
When I worked for Verizon this is the "system" they used. They've been doing it for about 2 1/2 years now. dunno how well it works for the customer when they want a supe though... haha. But with them, your scoring on FCR was pretty much what you keeping your job depended on.
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 24, 2007, 8:30 AM
on my aunts account I am the second line and mine gets shut off first.. or at the same time
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 24, 2007, 8:32 AM
and it's always her fault for why we reached the spending limit..grrrr ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
poweredup

Oct 24, 2007, 9:05 AM
you only both get cut off at the same time if you are over the spending limit and past your due date ๐Ÿ˜›
robtheman

Oct 23, 2007, 2:00 PM
Easy. Because it's bad as hell.
arsimckhoi

Oct 23, 2007, 2:02 PM
answering a question with the question in the answer is not an answer
robtheman

Oct 24, 2007, 8:29 PM
Yes it is.
nization

Oct 23, 2007, 3:17 PM
I worked there for awhile and my reasons would be this
1 they hire anybody, seriously anyone could have walked into the place I worked and gotten a job just as long as you quit smoking the grass for a few days
2 too much turn over, almost everyones new
3 the initial training wasn't too bad but all followup training was a joke.
and lastly, its a call center, you never have to see the customer, you can care as little as you want. Its not like they will ever actually track you down for follow up.

I have a lot of respect for reps that actually take the time to do a good job with you, i always want to tell them to go get a better job though lol
spazebar

Oct 29, 2007, 10:25 AM
actually we had a rep make the mistake of tewlling somebody where we were and he showed up two days later. The rep got into a good bit of trouble but the customer still didn't get his credit
iusethechirp

Oct 23, 2007, 3:38 PM
Actually i would say we are bad a$$, hell yes!!! ๐Ÿ˜
rainbowbrite

Oct 23, 2007, 4:04 PM
Plain and simple. Passing the buck.

I am a Sprint call center customer service agent. All I deal with all day are customers that "have been told this or that" and "have been promised this or that". There are never notes in any acct to support anything a customer says therefore we cannot follow up and give such cust this random $100 that they are asking credit for. Usually the customer never knows what the credit is even for themselves. Reps just say "Oh yes I see this I will give you this money" Then they never do and never notate anything. I could say customers are lying but this happens day in and day out.

Everyone here passes the buck, store reps, call center agents, whoever.

Another example. A customer goes into a store a...
(continues)
poweredup

Oct 23, 2007, 4:46 PM
rainbowbrite said:
Plain and simple. Passing the buck.

Another example. A customer goes into a store and wants to add a 2nd line of service on a family plan. The rep to get better commission will setup the line on its own plan and then tell the customer to call customer care to have it switched. Half the time, they don't even tell the customer. Now we have not only angry customer, but a NEW angry customer. Their first bill is now sky high due to charges for two plans and usually overage as the plan the store usually places on is the basic 200, when the customer wants to be on a 3000 mins sharing plan. Now we have to deal with adjustments, proration and "something else to make the customer happy" and this makes the n
(continues)
Kris

Oct 24, 2007, 7:39 PM
That doesn't justify the fact why store reps yell at us when it's not in the account notes and they tell us the customer tells them they were promised it. I agree, we should not be angry with one another, but do NOT yell at us (not saying that you have or do) if you can't find the notation for it and neither can we. I can't tell you how many store reps have escalated on me because I informed them that it wasn't in the notes. Honestly, if you can't find it, and we can't find it, why get angry and start cussing at us? Not to point the finger at anyone in particular, but I cannot stand getting screamed at when the account notes don't support it and the rep doesn't know squat about it, they're only fighting to make a good impression in front of ...
(continues)
k112005

Oct 24, 2007, 8:07 PM
cant we all just work as a team after all we work for the same company
Kris

Oct 24, 2007, 8:31 PM
I agree we should work as a team, but it doesn't help when you're being screamed at by a cust/store rep when they said so-and-so has been promised GOD-knows-what and there's no evidence behind the promises. Now, I realize that it isn't always documented, but it's not like we can track down the agent that made the promises and verify it with them, so screaming at us only makes us more unwilling to help, and if it's not there promised, and if it's an adjustment that's unethical and invalid, we aren't gonna do it lol.
ihateeverything

Oct 23, 2007, 5:13 PM
I hate activating phones with them they are such annoying dickheads and 80% of the time are from India and I can barely understand them let alone have enough time to wait for them to do simple procedures. I wont even get into how customer care and sometimes activations or even the managers line hangs up on people.
inked n poked.

Oct 23, 2007, 9:58 PM
well im NSS...
and ive never been told i was s#itty.
i always get praised.
guess i just do my job well because i know alot....
but im sure there are people that dont.
the only time reps get mad at me is if they are trying to give invalid adjustment and i say NO or i tell them they have to do something b/c of new regulations.
Kris

Oct 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
What center do you work at inked? Yeah, I love reps that get made when you don't give them adjustments that they're demanding. Regardless of us being NSS and "forced to give adjustments, no matter how invalid" is ridiculous. If it's an invalid adjustment, I refuse it, if it's a corporate store, I tell them that if they wanna give the adjustment, that they can do it in store anyways. Corporate stores have access to p2k and they CAN give adjustments, but they say they aren't able to, but what's funny is, it comes back against them anyway once it's put through SST2.
StarryNight

Oct 25, 2007, 5:08 PM
I heart NSS. I'm a corporate store rep, and I can count on one hand the number of times i've gotten an incompitent NSS rep (out of HUNDREDS of calls). If the store rep isn't a freakin' moron, they'll know that what they're asking for is ridiculous. I call when there are errors and problems, but if the customer just wants to be credited for an overage, I make them call themselves. I don't dispute valid charges for customers, that's what care is for.

That said, Sprint has been an awesome company for me. I'm not intentionally trying to dis the care reps, i'm sure some of you rock, but as a rule of thumb i tell all of my customers to call me with ANY issues, and I will either notate their account as to what's happening and direct them to car...
(continues)
ucantbeserious

Oct 25, 2007, 5:15 PM
i take it your in missouri, well so am i, all i have to say is ya better be careful what you say on here or where you post it. Especially at work, i never posted anything from work and got my ass reamed over the summer for posting on here. Just a heads up!
ihateeverything

Oct 26, 2007, 2:10 PM
Get "made"? Adjustments? Wtf are you talking about? I specifically said 'activations'.
Kris

Oct 27, 2007, 10:27 PM
It was just an offtopic remark to inked because he's in the same boat that I am. On the subject of activations, as long as it's not an indirect dealer, activations are no problem. If it's indirect, then the problems come because we've been told not to do activations for them, we can help them through SNAP, but they have to do it themselves because of commissioning problems. Also, we can't just populate an account number through the credit application number and give them a shell, that's also something we've been given strict orders not to do.
inked n poked.

Oct 31, 2007, 8:58 PM
oh and btw... im a CHICK.
dammit.
Cellfoneslinger

Oct 31, 2007, 9:05 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
People are so dumb!!!
arsimckhoi

Oct 24, 2007, 8:23 AM
i hate that too! sprint i think has the worst transfer system out there... i get hung up once a day while trying to reach another dept
TMoChic

Oct 24, 2007, 2:03 PM
Because you never get people who understand your problems! They dont care! Their network sucks and THEY DONT CARE!They screw up your bills and THEY DONT CARE! You have lots of dropped calls and THEY DONT CARE!
yodude

Oct 24, 2007, 6:42 PM
And I consider it hell because Bob or Steve in India can barely understand what I'm saying and I can barely understand what they are saying and our 3 minute conversation about how to put the picture messaging feature on the customers account, or see why texts weren't working just took 33 minutes.
k112005

Oct 24, 2007, 7:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ o.k try this one i work store love customer care cause thats where i started but today was horrible had tech tell me to program the phone for a call forwarding issue instead of taking off call forwarding then the customer tried to make a call and it was my fault that someone did not answer her call. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
BigShowJB

Oct 24, 2007, 7:40 PM
i think i know why you think Sprint CS is bad as hell ... because just like me, they don't know wtf you're trying to say....
k112005

Oct 24, 2007, 7:45 PM
yeah probably so that message made no sense, one of those days lol any way i love sprint cs most of the time. i would not want there job no matter what working in the store is so much better.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.