Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

I HATE OUR KIOSK!

hardcorehavok

Oct 19, 2007, 8:40 PM
Today, I worked at our kiosk. We have an actual store in one town and a kiosk in another. The kiosk is located inside of a grocery store. The same guy owns both the grocery store and the cell phone dealership. I hate the kiosk for a few reasons. The first reason is the noise. Our kiosk is right at the front of the store at the end of the registers. All day, I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and babies crying and people yelling and AAAHHHH!!!

Anyways, I also hate it because we are normally VERY slow. There have been days where we have done absolutely no business. No payments, no activations or upgrades, nothing! Our store location is normally pretty slow as well, but not this slow. Also, we have high speed internet at our store location. I normally ...
(continues)
sprintg19

Oct 20, 2007, 4:47 PM
thanks for sharing.
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 20, 2007, 6:10 PM
What are you living in some weird 1980's time warp?

Computers are no longer purchased by only the five richest sultans of Persia. Nor do they take entire floors of buildings.

Is your owner really that cheap? 😳
hardcorehavok

Oct 20, 2007, 7:44 PM
The kiosk is tiny. Even if we had a computer, I don't know where we'd put it.
Tmo Slave

Oct 20, 2007, 8:14 PM
You could get a laptop for like $300 that would be more than enough for what you need it for.
BigShowJB

Oct 21, 2007, 4:29 PM
and your could put one of your carrier's broadband card in there to demo its service!!!
hardcorehavok

Oct 22, 2007, 9:13 AM
HA! HA! HA!

Do I want to sell them or not?

If I were to use a broadband card, it would show people how SLOW they are, at least here. Me and our manager both have laptops. I am not sure why our owner doesn't just get a wireless router. Maybe he doesn't know that you can set up security for WiFi. Maybe he thinks someone will steal his internet. I have a few concerns that I hope to address this weeek with him.
cellb1tch

Oct 22, 2007, 5:09 PM
...you gotta love the county market food that they make!! if they still have their little 'restaurant' area. used to work in that kiosk when it was corporate.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.