Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 52 replies

Dumbest care/warranty rep thread

chainsaw

Oct 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
We all talk about customers all day, but I feel some of the care/warranty/insurance reps are just as stupid if not more so than my customers.

Had a really bad one yesterday who did not know how to add an account note to a customers account. Isn't that like 60% of their job description? She also didn't know what phone model we were talking about. What an external lcd was, or how to read an account not back to the customer. When I told her the phone model was a nokia 6555 she said so its a nokia 5135? We had to tell her 7 times that it wasn't that phone.

I also love the warranty reps that you call them and tell them what is wrong, that you have checked the ldi, the leads on the battery, and checked for physical damage. And what do the...
(continues)
beeferjay

Oct 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
Hey, not all of the XBM people are douches.

I frequently educate asurion reps and tier 1 reps. I rarely get a call from tier 2 but i frequently tell them things they did not know.

There are alot of dummies though. I enjoy mocking them while on mute
chainsaw

Oct 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
I know they all aren't dumb, just like all customers aren't idiots, but wow they definitely hire some of jerry's kids.
beeferjay

Oct 16, 2007, 12:39 PM
that reminds me of a horribly funny joke

what has a million legs but cant walk...........?
chainsaw

Oct 16, 2007, 12:45 PM
?
beeferjay

Oct 16, 2007, 12:50 PM
jerry's kids 😲 😲 😲 🤣 🤣 😈
chainsaw

Oct 16, 2007, 1:00 PM
poor jerry's kids...I think a couple of them live by my store.
beeferjay

Oct 16, 2007, 2:22 PM
and some of them call me for assistance
rxymsft

Oct 16, 2007, 3:58 PM
and i must be one, because i don't know what the heck that even means...enlighten me?
paddyoc

Oct 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
Ever hear of the Jerry Lewis telethon?
cilvzwagent

Oct 17, 2007, 5:12 PM
Thanks for the not so appreciated humor. I'll be sure to pass that joke on to my cousin's little girl, who benefits greatly from the MDA association. I'll see if she laughs too. 👿
k112005

Oct 17, 2007, 7:52 PM
😁 😁 😁 😁 i think we all need to take care calls for 1 month then give our opinions coming from both sides retail is easier you get hands on experience with the phones in care you get a script of how to fix problems with no phone knowledge
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 11:58 AM
cry me a river
thedish8204

Oct 16, 2007, 9:35 PM
Hey - I will admit that I have had to deal with some stupid ones, but think of it like this - a bulk of them that are the dumb ones have been there one day and are remarkably overwhelmed by what you are telling them. There is a high amt of churn in call centers and store. It's is just like everything else in life - practice makes perfect or you really are just stupid and cannot grasp the job and if that's the case just leave the company you are making the rest of us excellent care/etc reps look bad oh and the company too 😁 And for what it matters - the store reps are the dumbest ones - they don't care abt the customer at all just how they look and if they sold a fon or not and that i will not waiver from ever i won't even walk into any carr...
(continues)
bclark22

Oct 16, 2007, 10:03 PM
You may tell them that the LDI, Leads are good and there is no physical damage, the warranty reps ARE listening.. However, if you knew how QA works, we NEED to specifically ask you and have you respond or else we get marked. Stupid, but it's our job on the line so we need to ask, there are stupid people on the job but I actually look as far as going into the service menus to fix the phones, not even Level 2 techs do that kinda stuff.
rxymsft

Oct 16, 2007, 4:04 PM
like today i get a transfer from care because some phone won't power on. then they dump the cust on me and i figure out the phone is not only oow by date...but had liquid damage too. i tell the cust this and they say 'well, i told the last lady i dropped it in a puddle...'
now we all have customers we'd like to get off the phone, but wasting their time just pisses them of more. thank you tamika from business care in greensboro, i did need a good a** reaming today.
Tmo Slave

Oct 16, 2007, 6:56 PM
rxymsft said:
thank you tamika from business care in greensboro

Well theres your problem right there. 🤣
ihateeverything

Oct 16, 2007, 7:02 PM
Ever try to activate a sprint phone by calling them and dealing with an indian? Jesus f christ is that a hassle.
yodude

Oct 16, 2007, 9:12 PM
It's worse when they actually do speak English though.. Then there is just no excuse. "Oh, um, something is uh, wrong with my, uh, computer." No... It's not the computer. Gotta be 10% smarter than what you are trying to work with here.... And I don't think a phones IQ or the account notes system is that high...
coldouthereND

Oct 16, 2007, 10:21 PM
Not going to lie, there are some warranty reps out there who aren't the brightest crayons in the box, but what's with store reps telling customers that warranty can send them whatever phone they want, or that the phone they currently has is a piece of crap...and then we have to tell them, oh, sorry, the store rep lied to you...yeah...the store reps are the 'faces' of the company and they make us look bad when they dismiss the customer because they can't make a sale!
bclark22

Oct 16, 2007, 10:27 PM
That is very true.. I can't tell you how many times I've had a customer call in so and so set this expectation for me and so and so set that expectation for me.. Makes our job a lot harder as we try to explain and de-escalate the customers. Most of the understand it's misinformation but there's always that 1 customer who never gives up. I didn't buy a dodge stratus and try to return it under warranty for a ferrari enzo, likewise goes you can't buy a LG CG225 and expect to get a Cingular/AT&T 8525.
coldouthereND

Oct 16, 2007, 10:31 PM
Exactly...or a phone that is so new it's not even available through XBM like the tilt or the v9
rxymsft

Oct 17, 2007, 4:35 PM
yes, i agree. for the tenth time sir, we DO NOT HAVE OVERNITE DELIVERY! i'm apologize you were mis-informed. no, you can not exchange that RAZR for a 750. the store rep told you the RAZRs were junk? hmmm...maybe he should have told you that when you bought it from him. no miss, the charging port missing from the pearl isn't covered by warranty. they store rep told you it was? well, we can exchange it and when you get hit with the $325 you can go take it up with them. just like all things: some reps are bad-ass, and some...well, they're just bad.
rxymsft

Oct 17, 2007, 4:38 PM
do you work XBM for ATT? minot call center?
bclark22

Oct 17, 2007, 9:22 PM
XBM for ATT at Baseline Rd. in Phoenix.
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 12:18 PM
COLONNADE CRUSHERS
rxymsft

Oct 18, 2007, 12:44 PM
vermillion, uhhh vermin? that's the best i got. the v is a bit trickier.
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 12:45 PM
did you know, we have 4 XBOX 360s? and a Wii on the way?

halo 3 is awesome
coldouthereND

Oct 18, 2007, 2:57 PM
yes I am, number 2
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
They just hired a bunch of new people for the insurance (they don't keep them in training long enough before putting them on the phones) .. And we basically just replace the equipment so we really don't need to know what a lcd is, and what do you care about us notating an account? You can't read our notes anyways.. Now for the m/m it takes time for the reps to become familiar with them.. Again they are new.
sorry I kinda took offense.
chainsaw

Oct 17, 2007, 12:43 PM
Ok, what planet have you been living on if you don't know what an LCD is? And we can read your account notes even though 90% of the time they are in a foreign language and use poor english. But seriously, if you don't know what a lcd screen is I'm suprised you can tie your shoes in the morning.
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 1:28 PM
are you with att? You do not read our notes trust me.. The ones you see are probably by wrnty. Either way some people have never worked with cell phones and I know some people who work here that do not own a cell phone.. So stop being like that. LCD? How about display? Maybe thats the term they use. It doesnt surprise me because we just replace the phones.. We don't care what kind of problems they have having with the phones.. Just need to know is it under 1 yr or any phy/liquid dam.. Now you figure it out? training 2 weeks- ..None about phones and wrnty.mostly about the policy. which alot of store reps should be trained about so they are not giving customers the wrong information or could help the customer so they know what we do and ...
(continues)
chainsaw

Oct 17, 2007, 3:48 PM
😛
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 3:52 PM
I am alot smarter than my co workers though
😛
Grantizzle

Oct 17, 2007, 3:59 PM
do you work with retards?
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 4:15 PM
how did you know?
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 12:24 PM
if you are on this forum, you are cool.

i looked up your myspace (you left contact info)

(no im not a stalker) (i was just bored at work)

(XBM gets slow on tuesday)

and you look nice (pretty baby too)

so dont let haters get to you
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 12:00 PM
I get a few calls where the customer was transfer from wrnty. I simply ask the customer does the phone have any phy damage? When did you orig purchase the phone? any cracks? Water dam? yada yada
Customers say "No! No not at all looks brand new."
I tell them well I am showing we sent you to wrnty what did they say?"
Customer says "I don't know. That I have the insurance"

Do you guys tell the customers why you can't replace the phone? I am pretty sure you do.. either way we go by what the customer says so if they get transfer back to you (when they had water dam or oow) not my fault.. just to let you know
rxymsft

Oct 17, 2007, 4:15 PM
the xbm reps should be warm transferring the cust to you to begin with. if they were doing their job correctly, you wouldn't have to ask. i rarely get a call from asurion that needs to go back there, but if i do...it's usually a red ldi/water damage. we DO tell them that. they probably just don't get it. OR upon further researching the account, we find it's oow by date.
ps: i love the asurion reps...in fact, those are my favorite transfers. now i have a question for you. sometimes i get calls where a cust somehow got a PDA and never switched their imei in the system, so they still have insurance on the device...will you actually exchange those since they've been paying for the feature? if so, do you then remove the ins feature?
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 17, 2007, 4:21 PM
correct.. as long as a customer is being billed for the insurance they have insurance.we do replace the equipment. In that case afterward we cancel the insurance.
bclark22

Oct 17, 2007, 9:48 PM
I for one, as a XBM Rep, tell the customer what's wrong, and then upon transfer I inform the asurion Rep what was going on. In addition, some customers are unable to reach Asurion because they call in late and we end up having to provide the direct phone number to Asurion rather than a simple transfer.

I don't doubt there are stupid reps who just send them over your way.
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
I would say 1 out of 4 INS calls get transferred right back. (always warm-transferred)

The ins reps dont ask probing questions, they dont have to.

for instance, bleeding screen (ink under the glass) is actually a cracked display, but cracked UNDER the protective glass.

Or...my favorite... the phone is not available

I will offer to call these people back, but most of the time they get really mad and have to call back.
rxymsft

Oct 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
yeah, handset not available is the best. or when they're on the phone. umm duh, didn't you just listen to that hold message telling you WILL NEED THE DEVICE and you CANNOT BE ON IT. or did you somehow think that didn't apply to you?
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 12:40 PM
Thank goodness for this forum...

i would go GTA3 on some customers if i wasnt allowed to go on glorious phone scoop.

oh yeah, and the 4 XBOX 360s in our game room. oh yeah and were getting a Wii
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 18, 2007, 2:21 PM
we sometimes ask if they have the phone with them or if they are on the phone but we don't have to
rxymsft

Oct 18, 2007, 4:47 PM
i'm not ragging on you. i'm talking about the customers in general. as i said before, i dig the asurion reps, mostly because they have a better attitude than any other transferring reps i get. i assume that's because they don't get their rears chewed as much as xbm. do you get yelled at a lot?
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 18, 2007, 5:06 PM
hell yes I do.. It's always something
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 18, 2007, 2:25 PM
This is why I don't ask them the issue they're having with the phone anymore..

Me: And what is the issue you are having?

cust: I don't know

Me: You don't know what problems youre having?

cust: no it's my husbands phone

Me: Is it over 1 yr or under 1 yr from when you purchased it?

Cust: I don't know

Me: Any physical or liquid dam?

Cust: I told you I don't know it's not my phone

Me: I advise you to call your husband then

CLICK
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 18, 2007, 2:29 PM
Just kidding I wish I could hang up on them.. I mean why call when you don't know anything?

pisses me off and waste of time
OfAMightDivine

Oct 18, 2007, 3:06 PM
Because customers assume we already know what the issue is.
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 3:17 PM
yes, i am the reincarnation of miss cleo.

MA'AM, I AM NOT YELLING AT YOU!!!!!
rxymsft

Oct 18, 2007, 3:26 PM
miss cleo...wow. i haven't thought about that forever. i can't even believe anyone remembers her.
beeferjay

Oct 18, 2007, 3:35 PM
its in the cards.

the cawds dont lie!!!!

yeah, i had to do the stone cold stunner on this lady the other day, she wouldnt let me talk.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.