Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Today is starting off wonderfully

ralph_on_me

Oct 9, 2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, I bought my Blackjack through your store. You're the store on Main st, right? Well I still have all my paperwork and it has a one year warranty on it right? I wanna know what that covers because I lost my phone. Oh, so if it'd been damaged but not lost the warranty would've covered it? It only covers defects? What kind of warranty is that?

๐Ÿ™„
marenda

Oct 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
oh yeh i'm thinking it's going to be one of those days. โ˜น๏ธ

our accessories have a 1yr warranty. SO many people come in telling me they lost the case with their phone that was stolen & try to make me replace it. hahah
ralph_on_me

Oct 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
I wish new cars came with that kind of warranty. I wouldn't need to carry insurance for 30K miles!
marenda

Oct 9, 2007, 1:20 PM
suing people who don't have insurance is too much fun though! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 9, 2007, 1:29 PM
hey! I got sued.. It sucks
marenda

Oct 9, 2007, 2:36 PM
for wrecking into someone & not having car insurance?
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 9, 2007, 2:47 PM
yes. I had just got the car..was 17 and the car was a pos
M15TER P1NK

Oct 9, 2007, 1:12 PM
my favorite is...

"this charger was working then it just stopped"

*checks charger*

m - well... it appears that a dog has been chewing on it...
c - i dont even own a dog
m - (peering out window) well the civic you pulled up in has a german sheppard hanging out the window...
c - you cant prove that...
m - ๐Ÿคจ
jestcuzzgrl

Oct 9, 2007, 1:18 PM
I deal with that same stuff.. And I try to educate them on the difference between wrnty and ins.. and they still don't get it..

Yea I pay for wrnty so I want my phone replaced..

or
It fell in water but I had problems with it since day one which was like 6 months ago..

seems worse on att though ๐Ÿ˜•
ralph_on_me

Oct 9, 2007, 2:39 PM
The only smart customers are the ones who don't need to call in. That's why we all have such crazy experiences.

It's kinda like driving while talking on the cell phone. We don't notice the people who drive responsibly while doing it, because they're not doing anything to warrant our attention. We only notice the people going 20 mph under the speed limit and driving in two lanes. The real reason they do that is because they're an idiot, not because they're on the phone.
ajstrong

Oct 9, 2007, 2:31 PM
I had a guy bring a u740 to me with the front screen spider-webbed. it was beautiful:

me: M

dumb custie: DC

DC: I wanna exchange this phone, it's got a two year warranty on it.

m: can I see receipt; actually, 1 yr warranty, doesn't cover YOU BREAKING IT, etc.

DC: That's ridiculous, what does it cover?

m: ๐Ÿ™„ did you pay anything extra for this? then why would you expect it to cover your clumsiness?

DC: so, what do I do now?

m: suck it up, or get a new phone! (yes, I did say that; the kid was that dumb)

the best part was, he went to get a smart friend who asked the same questions...all over again.
kapwww

Oct 9, 2007, 3:25 PM
When I explain insurance and warranty, I sometimes put it as "Insurance covers things YOU do to the phone, such as dropping it, running over it with the car, dropping it in water, or the dog chewing it up and warranty covers things that don't happen as a result of damage like the things I just mentioned." They usually get it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.