Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

I Am Beginning To Hate Payments (RANT)

hardcorehavok

Oct 8, 2007, 10:52 AM
I used to work in customer care before I moved out of state and now I work in an authorized dealer store. Most of our business is payments. Really, I have no issue with payments, but rather the some of the customers. We are a payment location, NOT a payment drop off. I have at least four or five people a day come in and drop off payments. If I am busy, I don't normally care. I understand that they might not have 5 or 10 minutes to wait in line, but most people do this when I have no other customers in the store. It takes me a minute and a half maximum to pull up their account, post the payment and write a receipt, but some people seem to always be in a rush.

Last week, Cell One changed our payment system. We used to be able to look up ac...
(continues)
wirelessad

Oct 8, 2007, 11:00 AM
i worked for a dealer (sprint/nextel) who accepted payments and we did not accept checks for that very reason...we used precash and actually charged the customer $5.00 to make a payment..stupid i know, but most $4.00 of it actually went to precash and we kept the other $1...it was kind of saying that if you need to make the payment bad enough then you will pay it, if not...pay it online or over the phone...you are always going to have the people that are rude and then some of them understand...thats just the way it is
ralph_on_me

Oct 8, 2007, 11:06 AM
we only accept credit or check cards for payment. nothing else.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 8, 2007, 11:06 AM
I work in Customer Service, and I HATE payment calls. I know they're 'easy' calls, but half the time people don't know their credit card's zip code (which is required) or they don't have the card with them. Or they can't tell which is the routing number and which is the account number for their check. Or, after the 4th time of me saying I'm going to post it immediately to your account, they get mad at me because I do just that, and they wanted to post date it from a week from today... they just never said anything about it.
Jennyboo

Oct 8, 2007, 6:16 PM
I work at an authorized agent in a mall and we started taking payment with "PreCash" back in April so we have to sign people up for this payment card plus there's a 5.00 fee to pay a bill here, which doesn't sit well with a lot of people even thought I give them the umpteen other ways to make a payment with no counter fee...including the corporate store which is just outside the mall I work in.

As far as checks go, we run ours through a check machine that takes a picture of the check and if we don't have all the info ... name, address, drivers license, and contact number on the check and it get returned, our store is liable for it since they won't honor it. And yes, a lot of people seem to come in who don't have a drivers license or stat...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.