Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

VZW customer service is SHADY!!! (long rant)

angievzw

Oct 7, 2007, 4:08 PM
So yester day a co-worker of mine had a customer come back in to our store to return a phone...here is why: When he activated the phone the lady had pre-paid Verizon. But she still had over 2 hours on her pre-paid so didnt want to port her number just yet to a VZW post paid plan. Well a week later her pre-paid minutes were used so she calls customer care to get her pre-paid number ported to her post paid account. So you know what the customer service rep did? They told the customer that it was not possible to port her number so they instructed her to bring her phone back and cancel the line of service she activated with us. Well, we pull up the account and all they did was sign her up on anther post paid plan with her pre-paid phone number p...
(continues)
Lapdog

Oct 7, 2007, 4:19 PM
angie, look up the rep code and e-mail that person...also look up her supervisor and let them know what's happened...
angievzw

Oct 7, 2007, 4:48 PM
Its all in motion. I got the reps name, ext number and the sale Id number. Our IDR is working on it. It still just makes me mad! That is the last person we should have to worry about taking our deals!
Sprintkitty

Oct 7, 2007, 4:49 PM
Yeah, that's absolutely not cool.

Let us know how it turns out.
angievzw

Oct 7, 2007, 5:22 PM
I will thanks!
drunkendonuts

Oct 7, 2007, 8:28 PM
yeah if I had a dollar for every nug customer service sent me I would be a rich man, the words I fear most are "im here for my free phone, customer service sent me down here" it does nothing for me but make my numbers worse . but the thing I hate the most is when they think they are doing you a favor by coming to get a free phone on a nug and you should be treating them like royalty. /end rant
ajstrong

Oct 7, 2007, 5:09 PM
🤣

o, you were serious. my bad 👀

Customer service LIVES to screw over indirects. if you can get this one a slap on the wrist, more power to ya; that's how the game works. if it were up to them, they would do what AT&T recfently did: axe us.
Lapdog

Oct 7, 2007, 5:12 PM
I guess I'm glad I'm a corp. emp then...That sh!t ain't right...doesn't matter if you're direct or indirest...
verizon-manager

Oct 8, 2007, 12:13 PM
Actually, the customer service rep was not being shady at all. Let me explain.....

Porting a number, by definition, is taking the number from one carrier to another. Since the prepaid account was already a Verizon account, this is not possible the way that you were trying to do it.

This can only be accomplished through a prepat-to-postpay conversion. There is no way to bring that customer's prepaid number into the line you activated.

Now you know for next time..

As a side note, you might want to check your facts before posting a title as inflammatory as 'VZW customer service is SHADY'.
ralph_on_me

Oct 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
It still would've been better for the customer if the rep had just sent them back to the store to let them handle it, instead of setting up a new line and mailing out the phone.

The initial store could've "returned" the sale and then started a new act with the existing equipment and the customer wouldn't have had to wait on the mail nor pay any extra fees.
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 8, 2007, 6:32 PM
VZW Manager is correct. The only way to port a number over from pre-pay is to convert that existing line to a post-pay. "Prepay Conversion" is what the procedure is called in EROES.

So in reality, the CSR was only making up for the fact that you didn't know what you were doing. Happens to the best of us, now you know.
angievzw

Oct 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
First of all it was not me that activated the phone. And second...the CSR should have sent the customer back to us to handle it. Insteat my co-worker just lost his commission. I know how the process works in Eroes. I have done plenty of these. As reps we were also told that we can do it. So he was doing what he was told was ok. And this is not the first time I have seen something like this happen. About a year ago if we had problems getting upgrades to push through we would call customer service to get them pushed through. I have had CSR ask for the ESN from a rep and if they were new the rep would give it to the CSR. So the CSR would activate our inventory and ring it out under their log in. Stuff like this happens all the time. I am sorry ...
(continues)
verizon-manager

Oct 9, 2007, 1:01 AM
Again, I understand your frustration, but your response and another one in this thread suggest violation of one of the core tenets of Verizon's 'Worry Free Guarantee', that 'your problem becomes our problem the first time you call'. This is a hallmark of our commitment to our customers.

We have committed to them that we will not send them back to the person who caused the error, not pass the buck, but take care of them on the spot to the best of our ability.

It is unfortunate that the rep in your store made this error, and that your management has evidently told him this is the correct way to process the transaction, but the customer service rep (and no, I don't work in customer service) would have been breaking Verizon's promise to t...
(continues)
arsimckhoi

Oct 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
also known as a first call resolution... csr was right not to send the customer back to the store, why have 3 encounters with assistance on the same issue when you can have 2? Why have two when you can have 1?
angievzw

Oct 12, 2007, 9:45 PM
The rep at my store is getting paid for this activation still. And for all of you that keep saying this is IMPOSSIBLE to do is wrong. I had a customer just yesterday activate a phone with me. After the new number was activated he changed his mind and decided he wanted to keep his VZW pre-paid phone number. Just a simple call and it was ported withing a half hour. It was after the fact and it still worked. 🙂
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 9, 2007, 3:21 PM
Who told you that you could port a pre-pay number to an exsisting post-pay?

I have been working for indirect VZW for a year now, and I have spent more time in VZW training then I care to admit. While it isn't a full subject of training, it was made apparent to me that what your co-worker and fellow VZW rep tried to attempt is not feesible.

So don't get mad at the CSR for "stealing" your coworker's sale. Instead go back and get mad at your higher ups or your VZW Account rep for giving you false information.
sprintg19

Oct 9, 2007, 3:50 PM
So if that was one of your employees who had made the sale, what would you do for them?
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 9, 2007, 5:13 PM
If this had been one of my employees, I would have sat them down and reviewed PrePay to Postpay conversion procedures with them. It is the In Store rep's fault for giving the customer false information. Sucky lesson, but I bet s/he won't do it again.
verizon-manager

Oct 9, 2007, 7:08 PM
I would educate my rep on the correct way to process these transactions, and show them the impact on their commissions as a motivator to do things right.
wirelessad

Oct 10, 2007, 9:56 AM
i bet if this were sprint/nextel customer service you were dealing with you wouldn't have time to write a forum because you would still be on the phone either on hold or getting transferred to india...i worked for nextel for a year and a half and went right through the middle of the merger, if anyone else worked for them at that time they will back me when i say that customer service was running the company in the ground...1 example: i activated a nextel i 830 for a customer, 1 week later he returned to my store holding a box from ups. i had no idea what was going on when i first saw him, so he walks in the store and sits the box down in front of me. when i ask him what it is, he says it is more phones from sprint. sprint???i open the bo...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.