Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

wow! a crazy start to a day(long but interesting)

iamverybored2

Sep 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
we open the store at 10am today and i got here at exactly 10. when i got here there was a lady and her daughter already waiting in front. The lady(50 or so) was really relieved i had arrived and said that her phone had died on her and she was in a hurry to get to the hospital. she said her husband was in there so she had to him and call relatives but her phone was dead and she didn't know any of the numbers(water damage of course).

she hands me a flier for a free phone with a new contract plus a bluetooth. i let her know that this doesn't apply to her and that because she was a secondary. this is where it gets crazy.
she starts to freak out because she needs the phone but theres nothing i can do. so she gives me the last four o...
(continues)
mooiscoow

Sep 29, 2007, 12:51 PM
Sadly she might be use to it. Hopefully, she doesn't act the same way.
iamverybored2

Sep 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
yea i was thinking the same thing. it was weird because she looked like an upscale white older lady who should know how to control herself.
maybe she is bipolar
krickt

Sep 29, 2007, 1:00 PM
Those are the ones that usually use that talent to the best advantage. Those who don't really know her don't expect her to behave that way, and try to fix it.
krickt

Sep 29, 2007, 12:57 PM
My kid would have grabbed me and dragged me out of the store if I had done that, so yeah, this is apparantly normal for her.

My day surrounds the OU game. Which started at 12:30. So we have 6 renewals, 3 new activations, 4 antenna sales, three dish remote sales with the batteries, two people looking for replacement co-ax for squirrel chewed line, and 8 people who want either Dish or Direct TV installed before 12:30 today. All of this between 9:00 and 12:00. We will have a few straglers for the rest of the day, or we won't see anymore at all, this is how our saturdays work.
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 1:00 PM
We are usually busy in the AM to about mid afternoon then it dies and picks back up around the time our openers leave so 6:30 for about an hour and then from there we have a few lovely customers that will come in right around close-so generous of them.
krickt

Sep 29, 2007, 1:04 PM
... on saturday, because nobody will show up after the OU game starts, and since we work 6 days a week, we deserve to get out of here early on Sat.

4+ people will try to walk in the door between 2:55 and 3:15

However, if we don't have custies for more than an hour, and it's after 1, we will shut it down. Everyone has our cell numbers so if they need us, they call us. That's the great thing about owning a store in a small town. I'm the boss!
Leishbl

Sep 29, 2007, 1:08 PM
Jealous....Corporate store...WE NEVER CLOSE EARLY
krickt

Sep 29, 2007, 1:14 PM
I can't own a corporate store, so I can't help you. There are lots of perks for being the owner of an agency/dealership.
iamverybored2

Sep 29, 2007, 1:01 PM
i should have offered her 5$ for the way she acted, because it woke me up like a cup of coffee would have 🤣 now i dont have to go to coffee bean 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.