Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Cell Phones Increase the Risk of Two Types of Brain Tumor According to Study

captainplooky

Sep 27, 2007, 5:42 PM
Using mobile phones for more than 10 years gives a consistent pattern of increased risk for at least two different types of brain tumors. This was the conclusion of a summary that reviewed sixteen other research studies from seven countries – USA, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan.(1)

Cell Phones Are Like Radios

Cell phones are more like radios than traditional telephones in your home. They emit low levels of radiofrequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while being used. They also emit very low levels of RF when in the stand-by mode. Using a cell phone can place the radiation antenna close to the user’s brain and this can lead to the absorption of comparatively large amounts of electroma...
(continues)
nonmeatgazer

Oct 1, 2007, 9:43 AM
thats why the customers are so retarded 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
captainplooky

Oct 2, 2007, 10:47 AM
I think that works both ways 😎
ajstrong

Oct 1, 2007, 1:14 PM
we'll all stop using them right now 👀

cell phones have contributed in a huge way to the accelerating business world; finding another route of communication at this point would be futile if possible.
captainplooky

Oct 2, 2007, 10:47 AM

cell phones have contributed in a huge way to the accelerating business world; finding another route of communication at this point would be futile if possible.

🤣

"Everything that can be invented has been invented"

🤣
angievzw

Oct 1, 2007, 9:53 PM
Smoking causes cancer too but people still smoke!
captainplooky

Oct 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm glad you brought that up. While most people now realize that smoking is hazardous to your health, how many of those people realize the dangers of their wireless phone?

Wireless phones and the wireless industry are strikingly similar to tobacco and the tobacco industry in methodologies.

Both industries have adamantly claimed no adverse health effects despite contrary evidence.

Additionally, I believe the wireless industry has waged a Tobacco Industry like campaign of disinformation in an attempt to diminish the merits of such research. They cherry pick researchers and drop funding for research that yields undesirable results.

In closing, I'll leave you with the words of Dr. Henry Lai, who in 1995 along with Dr. Singh, found d...
(continues)
d3ity

Oct 2, 2007, 10:56 AM
Well, I smoke like a chimney while talking on my cell phone... with a bluetooth headset.

I guess I'm pretty ****ed. Oh well.
ralph_on_me

Oct 2, 2007, 11:54 AM
Bluetooth doesn't give as much radiation because the power output is lower.

I agree, you're pretty ****ed though.
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 2, 2007, 6:38 PM
I am going to print this article out and use it to boost my data sales. 😈
Tmo Slave

Oct 2, 2007, 6:57 PM
Just get one of those RF sheild stickers to put over the earpiece. That way you are fully protected. 👀

If your lucky you can get a good deal and get one of those singal boosters for free. 😁
d3ity

Oct 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
And you can use that signal booster on the sims card in your CDMA handset!
poweredup

Oct 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
d3ity said:
And you can use that signal booster on the sims card in your CDMA handset!

oh god, here we go again! everyone knows its the "slims" card man! when are you gonna get with the times 👿
d3ity

Oct 3, 2007, 1:22 PM
Sorry, I was typing that from my blutoof.
poweredup

Oct 3, 2007, 1:26 PM
dont you mean blueberry? 🤨 my bluetoofs only transfer ringtones...
Cellinovation

Oct 4, 2007, 1:34 PM
kind of funny my blueberry really is blue!
(7510)
ihateeverything

Oct 2, 2007, 6:59 PM
Im sorry but did a scientific journal write this or ? Who exactly came up with this because I don't find .com blogs to be a credible source of peer reviewed scientific literature.
captainplooky

Oct 3, 2007, 1:41 PM

Im sorry but did a scientific journal write this or ? Who exactly came up with this because I don't find .com blogs to be a credible source of peer reviewed scientific literature.

You are sorry.

If you had simply read the information presented you should have been easily able to discern the source of this information.
However, seeing as how that apparently was/is too difficult, I shall clearly spell it out for you.

The article clearly states:

Researchers at the Department of Oncology, University Hospital in Sweden reviewed sixteen published studies that looked at cell phone use and the rate of brain cancers.

and at the end of the article they include their reference:...
(continues)
sellgeek

Oct 3, 2007, 1:45 PM
I'm starting to think that plooky types out his posts while wearing a tin foil hat.

A lot of his posts are very interesting, and spark up a good debate BUT... I think he's a little too into conspiracies for me! 😁
captainplooky

Oct 3, 2007, 1:53 PM
🤣

I can appreciate that criticism as I often share it with myself.

Rest assured, I do not wear a tin foil hat because I have read studies that show that they actually increase the number of and strength of transmissions from government satellites.

I'll leave you with a quote from the movie "Usual Suspects".

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
ihateeverything

Oct 4, 2007, 4:57 PM
This is from your article: "More research is necessary for risk assessment based on higher number of long-term users."

This means that youre freaking out based on preliminary findings from, based on your citations, 3 centers in ontario in a study that is nowhere near being complete.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.