Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

A$$hole call center reps

DJ Parkay

Sep 26, 2007, 7:52 PM
My biggest beefs with call center people...

1. They will grant access to the account to anyone but the account holder. They especially like to process upgrades and feature changes for people who are not authorized users but the actual account holder cant eve ask qestions about their bill.

2. They tell customers that the corporate retail stores can do things like - test batteries - troubleshoot PDA phones - install phone software - fix broken phones.

3. Dont like to give dealers crdit for sales, plan migrations, and other shi+ we get paid for and they dont even work on commission.

Not all call center reps are shi+ it just seems like the ones I deal with are.
foxiangel5

Sep 27, 2007, 9:19 AM
or if you call in for help on an application, they tell you that you have to cancel it so they can start it fresh FOR YOU. but they snake the sale for themselves!!!!!!
Ghosthendrikson

Sep 27, 2007, 6:11 PM
foxiangel5 said:
or if you call in for help on an application, they tell you that you have to cancel it so they can start it fresh FOR YOU. but they snake the sale for themselves!!!!!!

I learned the hard way about this one...

I was extremely ticked off about this one, espicially since my own ignorance was partly to blame.
marenda

Sep 27, 2007, 10:28 AM
DJ Parkay said:

2. They tell customers that the corporate retail stores can do things like - test batteries - troubleshoot PDA phones - install phone software - fix broken phones.

they tell them at agent stores can do all of that too. i really love it when they tell customers that we can give them a sim card.
Ghosthendrikson

Sep 27, 2007, 6:16 PM
I am an Indirect Agent, my BIGGEST gripe with CSR is their COMPLETE lack of understanding about the capabilities and limits of a Indirect.

Lesson ONE;

WE DON'T OPERATE THE SAME INVENTORY!! We are a completley seperate company, therefore we run a FULLY SEPERATE set of books.

Lesson TWO:

Indirects CAN NOT, I REPEAT, WE CAN NOT...read HOT notes on a customer's account. We can't wrtie notes, read notes, nor are we mentally gifted enough to simply infer said notes by pressing our heads to the monitor.

Okay, I am done. For the most part CSR's are awseome people and make my work life much easier. Just need to upgrade your hiring standards.
cingagent

Sep 29, 2007, 10:37 AM
I am an agent, and I can read/write notes on the accounts...
coldouthereND

Sep 27, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm a Warranty rep, and we've been told that SIM cards can be replaced in CORPORATE locations one time, after that they have to buy it...or go thru customer care...we handle all PDA phones and have the time the store agent screws it up more than the customer did...since accessories are avail in stores, we were also told that they could be exchanged thru CORPORATE stores...and finally, store agents are the brightest either...like telling customers they have a dinosaur for a phone or that its the worst phone available by the carrier...or how about telling the customer that warranty can swap it for a different make and model, when under the warranty it is for the same make and model ONLY...so don't go off about Call center reps...no ones perfec...
(continues)
T-Mob

Sep 27, 2007, 11:58 PM
Can't we all just get along? I will say there are quite a few misconceptions about what everybody can do. I know I am a telesales Sup, and at least once a day I need to tell a rep at a store that my guy can't put his dealer code in an order we are doing, because he can't. There is no way. My people are paid for their sales, so I probably wouldn't let them even if they could. Telesales and the store are seperate and should stay that way. I know we refer alot of people to you.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.