Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Gotta Question for any Cing/ATT reps...

MetroTet

Sep 24, 2007, 8:39 AM
if i spend a good chunk of my month salary on the Iphone... will i still have to pay the freakin deposit to start service?
phatbasstard

Sep 24, 2007, 9:49 AM
go into a store and have them check first and while your at it pick up a free phone because its the same price if you have a contract or not.
sprintg19

Sep 24, 2007, 4:03 PM
?????
mooiscoow

Sep 24, 2007, 4:40 PM
It is the same if you are a new customer, exisiting eligible for an upgrade, or not. It will restart your two years at the day you activate the iPhone. So, you can set up service, get a free phone for back up or to sell on ebay, and get the iPhone.
d3ity

Sep 24, 2007, 4:49 PM
So basically, the iphone is ONLY available @ full retail?

interesting.
Foamy

Sep 24, 2007, 5:42 PM
If you were familiar with Apple and their pricing practices, it's not at all surprising. In fact, the most amazing thing about the iPhone during it's hype was the concept of the price being subsidized on an Apple product. I didn't think it could be done. I was right. 🤣
d3ity

Sep 24, 2007, 5:47 PM
It doesnt suprise me at all. I used to work for radioshack and all ipod pricing was always the same. It only makes sense they'd carry that to the cellular industry.

However, it does show one thing. You can get people to buy a phone at full retail price on a new activation.

Perhaps there is hope for this industry after all.
arsimckhoi

Sep 24, 2007, 9:51 AM
yes you would.... if it comes up on your credit check that it would be required, it would be required. i don't work for at&t but you can't get around that.
Foamy

Sep 25, 2007, 2:18 PM
Yeah, you can.

Pay your bills.
paddyoc

Sep 25, 2007, 2:50 PM
well, there is always fraud.... 🤣
cellb1tch

Sep 25, 2007, 12:09 PM
that was quite possibly the dumbest question i've ever read.....do you work in the cellular industry? if you did you would know that whether your going with the free phone or a $600 phone that you have pay a deposit based on your credit check.
paddyoc

Sep 25, 2007, 2:48 PM
Now kill yourself.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.