Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

Police Say Man Fed Cats to His Pit Bulls

SLRMcLaren

Sep 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - A man captured neighborhood cats and kittens and fed them live to his pit bulls, authorities said Thursday. Tye Hilmo, 21, was charged Thursday with aggravated cruelty to animals.

Hilmo was already in jail on drug, firearm and probation violation charges, Gwinnett County sheriff's spokeswoman Stacey Bourbonnais said.

The new warrant charges that Hilmo "did give injured live cats and kittens to his pit bull dogs and let the pit bulls kill the already injured cats and kittens. Hilmo would capture and injure neighborhood cats for this purpose."

He was arrested Sept. 10 after investigators serving a search warrant on his house found guns and two pounds of marijuana, Bourbonnais said. He has been jailed since t...
(continues)
SLRMcLaren

Sep 20, 2007, 11:30 PM
I TOTALLY POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG ONE! SORRRYYYY!!!!
Cell_Queen

Sep 21, 2007, 11:53 AM
This is totally sad and I hate this man.

That is all.
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
That brings a tear to my eye.
cm8023

Sep 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, the cats are supposed to be saved for chinese food resturants 😁 Now I'm gonna have to eat hamster and crap like that.

Thanks a lot, Tye!! Dumbass.
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 1:01 PM
mmmmmm hamster 🤣
krickt

Sep 21, 2007, 1:05 PM
But aside from the fact that he was basically stealing cats (who were probably strays anyway), how is feeding cats to dogs any different than feeding live rabbits or rats to snakes?

Besides the fact that more people keep cats as pets than keep rabbits or rats.
StoreLead

Sep 21, 2007, 1:18 PM
they were injured, and probably thrown into a cage where they had no way of escaping, or really defending themselves. and women like cats more than rats and rabbits.

besides, feeder animals are bred as feeders, not pets. rabbits and rats are primarily NOT kept as pets. that's the main diff.
krickt

Sep 21, 2007, 1:50 PM
I agree, I was just wondering how everyone else felt about this.
BigShowJB

Sep 21, 2007, 6:26 PM
lots of people have rabbits as pets...
woodywoody500

Sep 22, 2007, 12:03 AM
i'm sry, but, its is no different with the feeder animals cause you drop them into a cage with no way out. Besides, with the amount of strays cats on city streets, something needs to be done to get rid of them and calling the local animal shelter does not do much good because by the time they get there, the cat is usually gone anyhow and with alot of animal control officers being overweight(i mean no offense to over wieght people cause i am one of you (6'2" 400 lbs)) they have a hard time catching them. heck, even living in the country, there are way too many strays.
chainsaw

Because snake food= live food(rats, mice)

Dog food= kibbles and bits not kibbles of cats... Why don't we just start feeding homeless people to lions because they dont' have homes either.
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 21, 2007, 1:19 PM
all those for feeding the homeless to lions say I

I
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 1:21 PM
here here 🤣
woodywoody500

Sep 22, 2007, 3:46 AM
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIII 😈
krickt

Sep 21, 2007, 1:51 PM
That was a big leap of logic. And Dog food is only dog food because we have domesticated the animals. If we didn't feed them processed kibble, what would they be eating? My point is, if he had fed them rats would that have been okay?
ihateeverything

Sep 21, 2007, 1:59 PM
Dogs were domesticated roughly 12kya, cats roughly 10kya. You are not feeding a wild animal like a python.
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 21, 2007, 2:01 PM
when were people domesticated? cause they taste good
woodywoody500

Sep 22, 2007, 3:46 AM
Thats a good idea. Glad you posted it so we can get some action going with that. 😛

All dogs are supposed to be decended from a wild cousin right? What do present day wolves and coyotes and foxes eat? Well, i seems the answer might be....FRESH MEAT CHEWED RIGHT OFF THE BONE OF SOME ANIMAL!!!!

I'm sorry but, i fed my dog fresh meat whenever i could. Sometimes i did not have to cause she would go out and catch something to eat. and a cople times, she brought live cats back to her pen. Have you ever tried to take food from a 175 pound rotwieler? ain't happening. I salute that man for feeding his dogs what their ancestors lived on. I hope he walks.
chainsaw

Sep 22, 2007, 6:03 PM
Its a little different though. If some dog marched into my yard and ate my cat I would shoot it and want to hurt its owner very badly.
If you can't keep a handle on your pet, you shouldn't have one to begin with.

It's cruelty to animals to number take a pet thats not yours(assuming its not a stray) and to deliberately injure it and feed it to your dog. Now if it is a cat that wanders into your yard, where you being a good owner, contain the animal and your dog eats my cat then I would feel no remorse because it is not your fault, or your dogs fault, it is the cat and the cats owner's fault.

Did your dog run around your neighborhood and eat other peoples cats? Who's cats were they? Why was your dog running free? You sound like a sh!tt...
(continues)
woodywoody500

Sep 22, 2007, 10:17 PM
Have you ever had a rotwieler that you kept outside in a pen? probably never had an outside dog before. that dog could dig herself a new hole out of the pen overnight. it was impossible to keep her penned in if she wanted out.
chainsaw

Sep 24, 2007, 10:09 AM
No believe me I know. We had a golden retriever and it would escape the yard over and over again. HE also liked to attack other dogs so we ended up putting him down. If you allow a nearly 200 pound killing machine to run free you should give it away or have it put down. You obviously aren't responsible.
BigShowJB

Sep 24, 2007, 11:20 AM
chainsaw said:
No believe me I know. We had a golden retriever and it would escape the yard over and over again. HE also liked to attack other dogs so we ended up putting him down. If you allow a nearly 200 pound killing machine to run free you should be put down.

i like this version better
chainsaw

Sep 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
haha good one.
NoanswersonlyQs

umm rats and rabbits aren't on peta's radar.. plus we are a society of hypocrits.. but also one would argue that a rabbit or a rat is in a snakes natural diet, as a cat would not be in the natural diet for a dog, to which you could counter argue that since a dog is a decendent of a wolf it would be natural for it to be carnivourous and eat the flesh of small animals i.e. cats, rabbits, squierrls...
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 1:20 PM
In the book, "The world without us" The author argues that if humans all died, most dogs would perish because they aren't great hunters, while cats would do well. I wonder if pitbulls would do well, are they a pack animal?
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 21, 2007, 1:24 PM
pitbulls are killing machines plain and simple... and i think the dogs would adapt at least the ones that are descendant from wolves so while pitbulls may not fair as well since they are terriers the german shepards and other wolf breeds should be fine...
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 1:29 PM
dang, my brothers poor pug would be gone in a week he is too dumb to do just about anything...but he's still hillarious.
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 21, 2007, 1:36 PM
pugs are cute in a fat girl i need 30 beers to bang sort of way...
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 1:42 PM
lol, the fat ones are gross, but if you keep them in shape, and they can breathe, they aren't too bad.
expectpwnage

Sep 21, 2007, 4:55 PM
chainsaw said:
but if you keep them in shape, and they can breathe

never seen one. lol
NoanswersonlyQs

Sep 22, 2007, 9:04 AM
are we talking about women or pugs?
Cellfoneslinger

Sep 21, 2007, 4:41 PM
Not to mention at one point in time dogs were wild and killed things for food.
chainsaw

Sep 21, 2007, 4:43 PM
Yeah I've heard of those killer chihuahuas. Terrifying!
cellb1tch

Sep 21, 2007, 5:02 PM
hmmmmm...didn't think of it that way, but you're right.

of course i don't like that anybody feeds anything live to anyone.
krickt

Sep 22, 2007, 9:01 AM
lol, everything we eat was once alive, and somebody had to kill it! Even Vegans and Vegetarians live on the death of others.

I was just wondering if anyone else thought that it was a little hipocritical to be angry at this man for feeding live animals to a carnivorous pet, when it's okay for other pet owners to feed live animals to other carnivorous pets.
MadasHeII

Sep 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
Everything and everybody has to be P.C. now and thats just not it. I have a python and I feed it two rats every week and dont feel bad but when its a cat its no longer pc because people like them and accept them into their homes. Rats are just something you get somebody to kill so its not seen the same way even though it is the same thing.
woodywoody500

Sep 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
even rats now are pets. my buddy has one and hates when people talk about feeding them to snakes. Which is completely hypocritical because him, and the rest of his family are hunters and shoot deer and squirels and rabbits and turkey all the time. it just in he eye of the beholder. just like with christians. 🤣
Dudestorm

Sep 24, 2007, 4:37 PM
i feed live rabbits to my aligator.
i dont get how an animal is bred to be a feeder animal. it's alive. you could keep it as a pet just aswell.
im not sayinf dude's cool for feeding cats to his dog. but....they're just cats. people are bias to cats because, well i dont know why. they''re horrible little creatures, they make my eyes itch and their hair gets everywhere.
id feed cats to my gator....seriously.
SLRMcLaren

Sep 21, 2007, 4:36 PM
The sad thing is that with some Pro-Active this guy would be pretty cute. Why do all the good looking ones have to be insane?
BigShowJB

Sep 21, 2007, 6:27 PM
why thank you for calling me insane .. i apprecia...uhh wait a minute,.... 😕

ok yes i do appreciate that 😎
SLRMcLaren

Sep 21, 2007, 7:37 PM
Awwww its ok - you can be good looking and not insane as well...
BigShowJB

Sep 22, 2007, 3:53 PM
but i LIKE being insane....it makes the job suck a lot less... an life
SLRMcLaren

Sep 23, 2007, 7:42 PM
So then be insane. No one's stopping you.
MadasHeII

Sep 22, 2007, 11:00 AM
How about the fact that he was bringing them up for dog fighting. Does that mean anything to anybody?
krickt

Sep 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
It says that it appears that he may have been preparing them for fighting, but if the police couldn't find enough evidence to arrest him on the charge of fighting dogs (which is easier to put through court) but still arrested him for feeding the cats (which is going to be both controversial and harder to convict) then there isn't enough there for us to say that he was raising them for dog fighting.
specopbookie

Sep 24, 2007, 4:11 PM
Isnt this the SHOP TALK forum? and why is this thread so long about something so easy?
SLRMcLaren

Sep 24, 2007, 9:27 PM
It was accidentally posted in the wrong forum. If you read my reply right after the message you would know that.
woodywoody500

Sep 23, 2007, 2:20 AM
No. Don't care. No worse than the US military.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.