Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Anyone else have worthless employees? (long rant)

angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 4:04 PM
So my new manager hires two guys...they have been here for about a month now and then my manager leaves town for a week and half. One of the guys in atleast 30 minutes late every day (sometimes over an hour!). So I am running around getting my stuff done this morning and one of them calls me and tells me he cant come in. FINE! I go in a little early because I need to get phones out and the late guy is not wearing a tie and tells me that he has to leave early today! He lost his car keys at a club last night and has to get handle it! After telling me this he wonders off for 20 minutes not telling me where he went or anything. I grab all of his stuff to go give him to send him home (I am fed up at this point) I walk outside where I thought he w...
(continues)
acthrellis

Sep 15, 2007, 4:19 PM
yes.

i'm the only person who works this job, so I completely understand. It's me and the boss. so i have great job security, but everything else sucks. a lot.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 5:32 PM
Sometimes I would rather it be only me instead of dealing with these guys! I am the only female at my store so the guys expect me to keep it clean and organized...I cant stand it dirty so I do but it pisses me off that they dont do S***! I want to hurt them!
chainsaw

Sep 15, 2007, 5:58 PM
I understand your problems. I can't justify hiring another person at my store unless they are ok with making $6 an hour so I have been working open to close by myself for a couple weeks. It is getting old to say the least. I have even started dreaming about work too. I can't escape!
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 6:11 PM
I know the feeling! I am working here selling phones and my second job is selling watches and fixing them...I am having some messed up dreams lately! LOL
Nautic812

Sep 15, 2007, 6:18 PM
selling phones and fixing watches?
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 6:40 PM
yup...I am a master of all trades. You do what you have to to pay the bills. I know its random but the watch place is literaly feet from my kiosk so it is really easy to work both.
Nautic812

Sep 15, 2007, 6:52 PM
do you work in Ohio?
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 7:19 PM
No...I work in Washington. Why would think Ohio?
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 7:23 PM
where in washington?
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 7:24 PM
Seattle...I just moved over here from Spokane though. Where are you?
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 7:30 PM
everett.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 7:33 PM
Really? Who do you work for? Thats not that far at all. I actually live in FW
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 7:35 PM
i work for Gowireless.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 7:43 PM
Oh...so how do you like it? I havent heard many good things about GoWireless. I knew a girl that worked there for a couple months in Spokane but she hated it!
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 7:47 PM
i like it. i like it better than corporate.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 7:49 PM
Did you work for corp before? I have always been indirect.
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 7:51 PM
i worked for a corp call center and i have friends that work for corp. lame sauce.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 8:04 PM
Yeah I have quite a few friends that do direct. I tried for a long time just because the money is so good and the benifits. But they all ended hating it! So how long have you been selling phones for?
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 8:05 PM
four years.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 8:11 PM
WOW! That is a long time! How old are you?
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 8:16 PM
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 8:18 PM
Oh...well that sounds about right. I was almost 20 when I started selling phones. I am so freaking bored right now...its not even funny!
Grantizzle

Sep 15, 2007, 8:20 PM
me too. im thinking about locking the store up and cranking one out in the back room.
angievzw

Sep 15, 2007, 8:31 PM
I am stuck at a cart in the middle of Southcenter. All the weirdos came out today as well as the annoying old people! I miss the days of working in an in-line! I am out on display for everyone to see and bug!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.