Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Which do you guys prefer?

Moruitelda

Sep 14, 2007, 10:04 AM
We all get know-it-all customers who come in and won't take anything we say at face value. "You think Motorola has slipped in recent years and that their phones are poorly designed and implemented, and that I should go with LG? Well I happen to know that Motorola is AMERICAN, and that makes it better than any piece-of-junk Korean brand!"

Customers will try to correct us, catch us in lies, and do just about anything to get a deal. We all know this.

However, there are 2 basic types of these customers - the ones that correct you when they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about: "I know you have a $10/month plan for 20 minutes, my grandmother has it, give it to me! 😡 ... NO, it's not discontinued! She still has it! Why aren...
(continues)
Grim Reaper

Sep 14, 2007, 10:15 AM
I would pick the customer who knows it all. I feel I am knowledgable enough to still out sell them.

The customer who doesn't know anything has a mind state that you will be wrong before you even open your mouth. The one who does know it all has no idea of what the salesman knows. Plus, most of them do that to show that they are smarter than you. The other person is just a straight idiot IMO.
UOQuack

Sep 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
Rude is rude, whether it's smart rude or dumb rude. Personally, I dislike the smart-rude ones more, because they should be smart enough to know better. The dumb-rude ones probably don't realize they are being rude.
d3ity

Sep 14, 2007, 10:29 AM
Personally the informed customers aren't that bad. I'd rather learn something from a customer than have to sit there and reeducate one.

As far as motorola goes, when a customer tells me they WANT a motorola. I tell them they are making a mistake. I list the reasons and pretty much list all the problems with thier entire product line from the v265 onward. If they are still set on a motorola product. I sell it to them. I make SURE I advise them of the return policy. If someone with a phone I reccomended them comes in on the 16th day (our return policy is 15), I'll help them. If a customer who HAD TO HAVE a motorola comes in. They're SOL. That said, if they make it in before 15 days, I'll just smile and perhaps slip in words to the ...
(continues)
chkchkchk

Sep 14, 2007, 10:32 AM
I prefer the ones who know more than I do. I can outsmart them on the service end of things, which, at the end of the day, is what we're really all about.
that_one_girl

Sep 14, 2007, 10:53 AM
The one with good credit and their Visa/MasterCard/AmEx/Discover in hand 🙂
BigShowJB

Sep 14, 2007, 11:23 AM
which ever one is more willing to get a 5-line family account where everyone needs a bluetooth, ultimate vision pack, case and car charger
foxiangel5

Sep 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
i prefer the idiot! im a ditz myself but i am intelligent, so i feel superior to these people! whenever they argue with me i just smile and nod. they usually shut up when they realize im not going to give them a deal. i always say, im sorry, my computer physically will not allow me to put that into the system, believe if i could i would deffinetly help you out! hahaha, i always laugh to myself becuase they always think im agreeing wtih them.

the smarter than me people i hate because, well, i hate when someone thinks or is better than me. i get pissy, annoyed, and i feel stupid so i dont even bother trying. if they want it, they will get it becuase no amount of my selling is going to change their minds.
Nikoletta

Sep 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
I am a little torn on the choice myself.

On one hand I know that I am wicked-smart and have a mild spattering of ADD... so I have to do something to amuse myself pretty much all the time or I get bored and twitchy... so I read up on the products a LOT. As a result a conversation with a customer who is well informed and smart enough to know what the hell they are talking about is refreshing. I enjoy a verbal sparing match with somebody who is smart enough to keep it interesting however I agree whole-heartedly that I can not stand it when they make me feel stupid. As long as they are decent about know more than I do and are willing to share then I would much rather have the smart customer. If they're rude I can always stonewall then and...
(continues)
SLRMcLaren

Sep 16, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'm hearing a lot of this and I am slightly disturbed. On the one hand no one has a problem dealing with the smart people as long as THEY dont make YOU feel or look stupid. But almost everyone feels the same about the stupid one but with a twist. You dont mind making THEM look or feel stupid because it makes YOU feel smarter... But thats exactly what the smart people do to you... So why do it to the dumb people? Just be reasonable with everyone and you should receive a relatively positive response.

Now that thats over i can safely say that I feel the same as everyone else. Dont make me feel or look stupid if you're smart and if you're dumb, i dont mind being smart than you. Believe me... I am disturbed that i do the same thing so th...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.