Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

I LOVE THIS CUSTOMER!!

nuckingfuts

Sep 7, 2007, 10:42 AM
A kinda young married couple just came in to "browse" for phones, and as often is the case, the guy wanted a FREE phone, and proceeded to complain at length b/c he cant get a free phone.... the wife, who up till now has been silent, looks at her husband, and says:

"Shut up, quit complaining, and pay for the damn phone, AT&T is not some charity that will give you whatever you want!!"

I was speechless!!!
krickt

Sep 7, 2007, 10:55 AM
Give that woman a cookie! That's priceless.

Don't we all just live for moments like that?
nuckingfuts

Sep 7, 2007, 10:56 AM
I thanked for for saying something that I wasnt allowed to!
d3ity

Sep 11, 2007, 10:19 AM
I would have given her a free "non-free" phone JUST for saying that... and of course, charged her husband for the actual free phone to make up for it.
cilvzwagent

Sep 7, 2007, 11:22 AM
I once had a customer who came in and called me everything but a white girl over the whole thing of her phone "never got wet, i dont know how that white dot turned red". In the middle of the back and forth conversation her 10 yr old daughter came in needing to use the restroom. On her way out, the daughter overheard her mother telling me it had never been wet, she knew nothing of what i was talking about. That's when the 10 yr old said "Mom, remember I told you I spilled my soda on it"

PRICELESS!
computerking

Sep 7, 2007, 11:29 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
nuckingfuts

Sep 7, 2007, 11:32 AM
😲

That is priceless!!!
BigShowJB

Sep 8, 2007, 3:48 PM
BUSTED!!!!!

it sounds a little like what my son did to my wife when she went to pay the elec bill :

in the car they passed McD's and he wanted to go but she said they didn't have an y money(meaning cash). they get to the payment window and before my wife can hand over the check my sone says to the clerk:

"We don't have any money."

👀 👀 🤭
Gemini

Sep 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
who was yelling at me going on and on about how her bill was so much for overage ut she never used the phone blah blah blah and calling me names. After about ten minutes of this (her 13?yr old daughter had been looking embarrassed the whole time) her daughter finally stood up and said, "Mom- You're embarrassing me! You talk all the time and that lady can prove it. Stop being mean and just be responsible."

It was awesome.
Nautic812

Sep 7, 2007, 12:22 PM
thats awsome! what did the mom do afterwards?
Gemini

Sep 7, 2007, 12:34 PM
then told her daughter to go wait in the car.
ihateeverything

Sep 7, 2007, 12:04 PM
Whats your problem? Why shouldn't they get a free phone? It's a two year contract the price of which can be offset by the cancellation fee. And while we're at it, why not free activation like a lot of other carriers? **** at&t
ralph_on_me

Sep 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
The cancellation fee never gets back to the store that sold the phone, it goes in the pocket of the carrier. Aside from that, I only have one phone worth LESS than the cancelation fee anyway. By that logic, they'd have one choice and one choice only fo a free phone.
ihateeverything

Sep 10, 2007, 12:58 AM
Yeah, the pocket of the carrier. The one who you signed a two year contract with the cancellation fee which would negate the initial price cut. Granted most new phones cost more than the cancellation fee the amount needed for the carrier to pay to give service versus the amount the customer pays to receive service is negligible.

Insurance plus deductible on a phone alone without even accounting for the rest of the plan itself runs around $220 for two years. That's just one phone! Yet people are dumb enough to actually pay over 100$ a phone, then insurance, then the actual minute-plan (a couple payments of that would make up for the price of the phone anyway).

Taking that into consideration or not, I am still befuddled that low end ph...
(continues)
DeepFryerDan

Sep 10, 2007, 7:48 AM
you're dumb. you dont have to discount everything just because the customer asks for it. its people like you that make my job hard because you make them think that everything should be free. how hard is it to pay $30 for a cheap@ss phone.
ihateeverything

Sep 11, 2007, 2:47 PM
Not people like me the place I work. The upper end stuff does cost a bit of money but as a third party retailer is still less than a direct store. 😈
alltels indirect monkey

Sep 11, 2007, 10:13 AM
😲 😳 ... 🤣

Dude, its called a capitalist economy, profit is not a crime.
par_slim

Sep 7, 2007, 1:33 PM
wished you had your camera with you...Kodak Moment... 🤣
nuckingfuts

Sep 7, 2007, 1:57 PM
I suppose it is on our security camera, but I cant get it it, if I could it would be on youtube!!
DJ Parkay

Sep 7, 2007, 2:15 PM
Nice.
cellb1tch

Sep 8, 2007, 12:16 PM
this happened about 2 years ago. my co-worker was waiting on a teenager who was in with her mother, her phone was water damaged, she kept saying she never got it wet...blah blah blah!!

my co-worker goes in the back to take the phone apart and look at it, i also go in the back behind our 2 way mirror, the smart ass little 17 year old girl looks at her mom and mouthed to her, 'oh yeah i got it wet, they're so stupid they'll never know!' so i run in the back tell my co-worker.

he puts it back together, we walk out together and he tells her again its water damaged, she keeps saying no way no way no way. i looked at her and said, "that mirror right there (and i point to it) is a 2-way mirror, i saw what you mouthed to your mom, the phone...
(continues)
3LeggedDinosaur

Sep 8, 2007, 2:29 PM
and propose to that girl I don't care if she's married that's amazing! Tell her to get a divorce and marry you. 🤣
nuckingfuts

Sep 8, 2007, 3:18 PM
My wife wouldnt appreciate that.... plus she was twice my age and ugly......
byebyecellone

Sep 11, 2007, 12:42 AM
I would've kissed her right there and professed my love to her. Finally someone with some dam% sense.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.