Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Strangest bill payment ever...

d3ity

Sep 7, 2007, 9:24 AM
Lady comes in, says, can I pay a bill here?

I say sure... start typing away getting ready to get her information. I look up a SECOND... like, not even a second probably. There is an envelope sitting on the counter. No customer in sight.

She apparently, want's me to put a ****ing stamp on the thing. We can't take check payments in the store, and I can't even call it in because there is NO account info anywhere on the thing.

What should I do guys. I'm half tempted to toss it in the shredder. The other half of me says leave a note for when she comes back in, explaining the situation and saying: "Please inform customer of existance of post office."
Foamy

Sep 7, 2007, 9:30 AM
Does it have a return address? If so drop it in the mailbox.

The post office will send it back to her due to a lack of postage.
d3ity

Sep 7, 2007, 9:34 AM
Dude theres not so much as a name on the thing. Hell she couldn't bother to put a stamp on it, she's obviously not competent enough to give me ANY of the info I'd need to call it in.
burntbridges

Sep 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
so what did you end up doing?
chkchkchk

Sep 7, 2007, 9:36 AM
I'd stick it in the shredder myself.
mooiscoow

Sep 7, 2007, 9:40 AM
You can't really blame her some places do that, but not cell phone. I would call her. It should have account infomation and zip code.
ralph_on_me

Sep 7, 2007, 9:45 AM
I would keep it for the day, and then shred it if she hasn't come in. You can't leave customer information out like that.
ihateeverything

Sep 7, 2007, 12:09 PM
I think it's only illegal to open someone's mail if it's stamped. 😉
Nautic812

Sep 7, 2007, 12:25 PM
mail it back to her
DJ Parkay

Sep 7, 2007, 1:44 PM
I allways wonder why the lazy fu
WhoDey

Sep 7, 2007, 3:18 PM
Well, she left you a check.. time to pay some bills of your OWN
yeahright

Sep 8, 2007, 2:21 PM
type a letter saying it is missing account info need to make payment and mail it back to her. You can open it, if it wa not adressed and there is no stamp it is not really mail then, just an envelope🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.