Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

All Verizon junkies out there

byebyecellone

Aug 27, 2007, 3:39 AM
I just recently signed up and i have the LG vx9900 enV.....i keep reading about bitpim or something for ringtones. What is this?
Grim Reaper

Aug 27, 2007, 8:02 AM
Bitpim in a nutshell allows you to "utilize" your phone's features. You can backup your contacts, save your text messages, use your cropped sounds as ringtones, etc. I use it on my vx8600. But be warned, I have been told that this program does mess with certain interface features and could disable/paralize said features in the phone. (i.e. not being able to use your calander again, or accessing get it now.) I hope this helps.

-Grim.
Foamy

Aug 27, 2007, 10:01 AM
Everything you said it somewhat true.

The 9900 (and the chocolate too) are exceptions. As of last I checked, bitpim cannot access these phones.
yeahright

Aug 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
you can bitpim the 9900, i did. As far as getting ringotnes on there just send through mms, everything else you can do through bluetooth or the memory card. I myself bluetooth ringtones to the my sounds folder then simply text them to myself and save as ringtone, I switch phones to often and gave up on bitpim, tired of getting cables.

Backup assistant-free through my account online
pictures-bluetooth
music- sd reader
ringtones-bluetooth to my sounds then text to yourself, save sound as ringtone
Foamy

Aug 27, 2007, 11:04 AM
Hmm... last time I tried to use bitpim on a 9900 it told me access was blocked.

I'll have to try again.
yeahright

Aug 27, 2007, 2:48 PM
it is a pain in the arse, but you can get it to go, i had trouble as well
Mr. Pickman

Aug 29, 2007, 11:04 AM
It depends. One of the lovely gems they left out of the "fix list" for v02 of the enV software is that it changes the profile lockouts for reader/editor programs like bitpim.
aavera

Aug 29, 2007, 9:09 PM
Have you tried sending ringtones to your phone via MMS lately? I made about two dozen ringtones and they either sound tinny on the phone or do not play at all. My coworkers have been running into the same thing. We have tried using Bitpim, Audiocity and Limewire and have run into the same stupid thing every time.
vzwmac

Aug 30, 2007, 1:24 AM
tried xingtone???
yeahright

Aug 30, 2007, 4:16 PM
don't send them straight, use funformobile or some site like that to upload them, my ringers will sound better that way sometimes, i think it converts it from mp3 to qcp or some crap like that and they end up being a little more clear
d3ity

Aug 28, 2007, 8:48 AM
You CAN brick your phone with bitpim. It will not be covered by warranty. Granted the enV is already a brick, but at least it's a working brick.

That said, I've done my share of bitpim and firmware modding...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.