Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

ATT Acquisition

byebyecellone

Aug 23, 2007, 2:09 AM
Any ATT workers out there with any info on the acquisition of Dobson Communications(Cell One)?

Just wish i knew if i would have a job in a few months.
byebyecellone

Aug 23, 2007, 2:22 AM
πŸ‘€
shady24

Aug 23, 2007, 8:59 AM
I dont know about Dobson but i know that they just bought out American Cellular and theyre letting us keep our positions...supposedly. We'll see; they make it sound good with better pay and benefits, and a more relaxed dress code overall, but i'm pretty skeptical when they say there is no catch.
mooiscoow

Aug 23, 2007, 9:34 AM
From what I heard about other buyouts. They just make you change over to ATT. Honestly, I don't think they do a lot of outsoursing. Everytime I call, it is in US, except insurance. But for ATT, insurance is handled by their own company.
s_scott15

Aug 23, 2007, 6:20 PM
No. ATT insurance is handled by asurion.
Nautic812

Aug 23, 2007, 9:39 AM
as long as there isnt an AT & T close to you you'll be fineπŸ™‚
sckoisks17

Aug 23, 2007, 4:57 PM
I just talked with my Cell One rep, and she said it's pretty much business as usual until November, and after that AT&T will acquire all of Cell One's domain. So basically, you're going to be an AT&T store soon! Congrats! I really doubt they'll close down any locations, unless they're really close to a current AT&T store.
byebyecellone

Aug 24, 2007, 12:38 AM
But im in a call center not a store?! πŸ˜•
BigShowJB

Aug 24, 2007, 9:21 AM
it's a big ole clusterflup here... we have a Cingular agent store (not ATT yet), a CellOne by Dobson, and a Alltel/CellOne kiosk. no one knows for sure what's going on yet...
krickt

Aug 24, 2007, 10:02 AM
Alltel/CellOne should be Alltel only by now, and soon it will be ATT no dobson or Cellone signage. It shouldn't make much difference in the way you do things, just new signs.
cellb1tch

Aug 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
i work in a retail store and we're wondering if they're gonna close the store and remodel and retrain us. or if they're gonna bring some of their reps in to train us.

or if we even have jobs.

the closest retail store to us is about 30 minutes away.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.