Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

GRR....

sckoisks17

Aug 20, 2007, 6:36 PM
I nearly had a four-upgrade Alltel sale, and when I looked up the lady's account, she still had over a year left on her contract... yet she had three+ year old phones. How could that be?

Then I saw that she changed her plan a few months ago. I asked her where she went to change that, she told me she went to an Alltel corporate store.

👿

I know exactly what happened. When she changed her plan at that store, the rep she talked to slapped a new two-year contract on her account so he could get commission for a new contract! The worst thing is that neither I nor Alltel customer service can do anything about it. I HATE the corporate stores around here, they're ALWAYS screwing their customers over!
Nautic812

Aug 20, 2007, 6:41 PM
Ok nub. get your stuff straight. Alltel Reps dont get paid out on renewals anymore. They havent for years.
T-Mob

Aug 23, 2007, 2:54 PM
DAMN YOU CHAD!!!! DAMN YOU!!! I never trusted that guy.
ajstrong

Aug 20, 2007, 6:49 PM
would it be possible for you to call into CS and explain that even though the contract was renewed, the phones placed on the account were customer-owned equipment, thereby making them eligible to get an upgrade at that time? this is how it works in VZ currently; some peeps in indirects can activate a horridly old phone, new act or upgrade, then call the customer in 4 months, tell them they're eligible for a new phone, and get an upgrade commission as well.
DarkStar

Aug 20, 2007, 9:25 PM
whoa. You are trying to tell me that the upgrade for the phone is tied into the contract? So if you like add a new feature and have to resign a new contract and you are on the last day of your contract you have to wait another two years to have an upgrade? Wow Alltel sucks butt. The big 4 don't do that. The upgrade date is related to how long you have had your phone. So you can renew your contract everyday of your life but you only have to keep your phone for two years and then upgrade to something new. A matter of fact Sprint gives you a discount after one year.
sckoisks17

Aug 22, 2007, 9:01 AM
Yes, upgrades are tied to the contract with Alltel. BUT if you change a feature, or your plan, or whatever, you shouldn't have to sign a new contract. That is, unless a shady Alltel rep sneaks a new contract on your account, like in this case.
DarkStar

Aug 23, 2007, 1:18 PM
WOW! Thats just opening themselves up for a lawsuit. I wish that would have happened to me. I would sue them so bad.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.