Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Looking for disappointment.

Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 10:57 AM
So the girl is just begging to be disappointed.

She is planning on traveling in Mexico and S. America (though she doesn't even know what countries are in S. America, never mind which she's going to be visiting.)

She wants a phone she can use on her trip, which we can provide, but you have to pay international roaming.

She wants a phone that she can pay for it here but have local coverage and not pay roaming anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that sort of package doesn't exist. At least not on the Consumer side (I know some business plans have that option.)
chkchkchk

Aug 8, 2007, 11:05 AM
I had a customer who ended up with $1200 worth of INT roaming charges because:

1- Customer decided to allow daughter to travel to Italy.

2- PlusMinus added international roaming to daughter's line and advised that it costs $2-$5 per minute to use the phone (because its using the network) in Italy.

3- Daughter gets to Italy and decides that rather than paying $2-$5 per minute to use the phone, that she'd team up with her friends and get a calling card to avoid the charges.

4- Daughter and friends use the phone rather liberally during their trip to Italy.

5- Daughter comes home and tells mother that rather than paying charges through PlusMinus, that she and her friends used a calling card.

6- $1200 bill arrives and mother cal...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 11:07 AM
Wow... what a stupid kid. I hope the mom beat that girl when she got home.
fozzyface

Aug 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
I have many adults who ask me if they can use a calling card with their mobile phone while roaming internationally. At least 1-2 people per week.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Certainly, that will avoid the LONG DISTANCE charges... but not roaming. Idiots.
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2007, 12:04 PM
and you should beat them too. What kind of system raised such morons?
OfAMightDivine

Aug 8, 2007, 12:18 PM
The American System. And that makes me sad. ☹️ ☹️ ☹️

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.