Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

Customer Service

timslo

Nov 18, 2004, 6:31 PM
There have been several posts and discussions regarding customer service and agents and how nobody knows what they're doing and so forth. My mission for all of you is to fully inform customers regarding tbe technology, charges, network and phones to prevent angry customers no matter what the issue is. It is our job to inform no matter who we work for or what department we're in. This is especially important when it comes to their bill. If you tell a customer that they won't have prorated charges, then make it happen or find a way so they won't and inform them on how or why it was done that way. This applies in every aspect of what we do. Thanks for listening. Happy selling!
Tim
West Texas
kmfdmgod

Nov 18, 2004, 6:37 PM
Done! 😎
sunvzw

Nov 18, 2004, 8:13 PM
if you work in the call center for any company who would you rather take a call from.
1. customers
2. agents
tyrjohn

Nov 18, 2004, 8:22 PM
Must be a trick question đŸ¤Ŗ

neither both can be JERKS đŸ‘ŋ

Just kidding I pick agents, the good ones know what your going through
starwarsgirl

Nov 18, 2004, 8:23 PM
Agents, it's a little easier to explain things to them and I can speak a little more freely with them when explaining policy and stuff.
JessiCSR

Nov 18, 2004, 8:43 PM
agents, by far...though I do get the occasionally get the agt who wants nothing but the sales who doesn't care what policy they break....but...yeah...agents.
coldsteel

Nov 19, 2004, 9:25 PM
Yeah, like the customer I got today. Agent gave him a $50 discount on a V3, but got him to flip to another Cing account. The customer called in to cancel the current account; the agent neglected to tell him that he was under contract, and the ETF was $150... đŸ‘ŋ
pizpiz80

Nov 18, 2004, 9:12 PM
Agents, they usually are extemely helpful, but i woul have to agree with JessiCSR when i say i don't like the ones who get greedy and tell you well if i do this i am going to take the commission for it...even though ur the one who convinced the customer to sign in the first place. ☚ī¸
JJMcClain

Nov 18, 2004, 9:43 PM
unless it's an agent calling about thier own account... they turn into nazi wannabes
pizpiz80

Nov 18, 2004, 9:47 PM
😈 😈 😈
JJMcClain

Nov 18, 2004, 9:48 PM
đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ đŸ‘ŋ
ShunAsa

Nov 18, 2004, 11:29 PM
2. agents.....we have a mutual understanding that we don't really care.
XPDX

Nov 19, 2004, 2:32 AM
agents, typically they already know enough so that your answer can be concise.
schnozejt

Nov 19, 2004, 4:52 AM
Definately customers
coldsteel

Nov 19, 2004, 9:23 PM
Customers. Usually, the agent calls I get are for covering their @$$/mistakes/flubs. No offense to any agents on here...
kigirl11

Nov 19, 2004, 10:09 PM
😈 That was harsh! But i agree!
kysuz

Nov 20, 2004, 12:44 PM
Most of the calls I take are escalated, so whoever on the line isn't happy with the answer the previous CSR gave them.

Customers are easy to deal with, you educate them on the policy and offer them a choice to continue or not. Typically when they ask for a manager they just don't believe that the first person they talked to had the authority to make the decision.

Agents and store reps, on the other hand, have already dealt with an upset customer and are often irritated. They think they know the policy already and that they know the ways around it. They also tend to believe that because they work for our client, they can tell me how to do my job.
PRTHUG

Nov 20, 2004, 5:27 PM
As an Independent agent, I can definitely understand the situation you are in, but what u must understand is that sometimes, our clients have a bad experience with some of your CSRs and they come to people like us. They b@#ch up a storm and we have to sit here and take it. We get on the phone with you guyz, and whatever problem the customer had is magically taken care of with no problems. Why couldn't you guyz take care of these customers when they call you? If your CSRs had properly taken care of them beforehand, we wouldn't have to call you guys and give you a hard time. Just something to think about ;)
orangeish

Nov 20, 2004, 6:31 PM
1. The agents explain the situation better, and when we ask for specific information, they relay info better than most customers. They also (sometimes) know the specific questions to ask to maybe help the rep on the phone understand what is going on.

2. Most of our store reps have a 'i could care less' attitude, so they're not yelling at you while you're trying to fix the problem. I think they use the time they have to talk to us as an extra break. ;)
greyrat

Nov 20, 2004, 7:59 PM
And the agent doesnt trip when we ask for verification information, and the agent will often will clear up questions like 'can I get a free treo'? So its one less no I have to hand out...
It depends on the rep and the agent though.. there are some clued in agents and some clueless reps so it all evens out in the end...
greyrat

Nov 20, 2004, 3:04 PM
Agents, though I occasionally get one that wants to score brownie points with a customer or thinks that they are the avenging angel of customer service or something and they want to let me know that They Are Not Taking No For An Answer...there is this rivalry or distrust or whatever between retail and customer care and it is silly, we are all basically trying to sort out the customer's issues while the company changes policy several times a day and then only tells half of the departments effected...
prince84

Jun 8, 2005, 12:24 PM
almost all the CSR I called had been very helpful to me, but somtimes I get the most stupidest reply/solution. so i have to hang up the phone and call a diffrent CSR.
Doozer

Jun 8, 2005, 1:14 PM
lately that seems to be the case every time I call. There are some great reps out there that know their job and do it well, but someone is teaching the new ones that when they get a problem on the line they don't know how to fix it they just need to "accidentally" disconnect the line.
jbetch

Jun 10, 2005, 10:54 AM
ugg! thats so true and very annoying. and you can always tell that they have no idea what you are talking about by the tone of thier voice, and when they say "uhh, alright, i can help you with that." then a long pause followed by a click, a moment of silence, then the dial tone! if they dont know how to help you, find someone to transfer the call to who can help.
shayalon

Jun 10, 2005, 1:35 PM
I can't imagine, in my 5 years of experience in customer service call centers, that this is the norm. QA departments would flip out.

Bottom line, if you are nice to the CSR then the CSR will be nice to you. If the CSR doesn't have any idea what you are talking about...Thank them, hang up & call back or ask for a supervisor. So many people just get angry and then assume that all CSRs are that way.

I know that as great of a customer service rep that I was, that if I got a major jerk on the phone, my kind and caring attitude would weaken. Kindness will get you anything you want...eventually.

Being a jackass, giving into your anger and taking it out on the CSR will make that CSR lose their desire to help you.
Doppelganger

Jun 9, 2005, 5:29 PM
agents.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.