Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Spell that please.

Nikoletta

Aug 7, 2007, 4:50 PM
So I ask people for their name... I ask in a very specific manner...

"Can I get the spelling of your first name please?"

They respond with.

"tyequaysamsonsmith."

And I say.

"Can you spell you first name please?"

"T-y-e-q-u-a-y-s-a-m-u-a-l-j-o-h-n-s-o-n." (Note, not even the same name half the time, at least not that I can tell, it's so hard to hear.)

"Wait? Your First Name Only Please."

"Oh. Tyequay."

"Spell that please."

"T-y-e-q-u-a-y"

We could already be done with the freaking order if you had just listened to the question the first time you idiot.
chocolateman85006

Aug 8, 2007, 9:34 AM
Me: What is your name, please?

Them: Lyquisha Jones.

Me: Can you please spell your first name?

Them: Ly-qui-sha!

👿 What part of "spell your name" don'tp people understand?! 🤨
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
And it's even more fun when they have a name that either is not at all common or it's got an unusual spelling... or is a name with multiple spellings.

I have an unusual spelling, not super odd, just a little bit strange, my name is commonly spelled with a C (my real name) but my dad decided to spell it with a K. So when I start any intro with another department I ALWAYS spell my name and phonetically "That's K like Kung Fu..." to make sure there is no confusion.

So I get some woman whose name is Lyquisha and she spells it P-L-I-E-K-W-E-E-C-M-S-H-Y-A

And say "Oh, the P, C, and M are silent." What? No they're not. Your name looks like some strange species of bird!
fozzyface

Aug 8, 2007, 10:51 AM
That's awesome.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2007, 10:54 AM
I got tired of "K like King."

Also

I am a Ninja.
chocolateman85006

Aug 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
Or: K like Kat?
fozzyface

Aug 8, 2007, 12:46 PM
K like knife? I wonder if anyone's ever said that one. I will if the opportunity ever comes up.
frankiewawa

Aug 8, 2007, 6:11 PM
In Ghandi voice "I want to buy N75 free. No rebates with free car charger and free bluetooth headset."

Yeah keep dreaming buddy.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.