Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 44 replies

Fu**in' Telesales

Willwise

Aug 1, 2007, 10:58 AM
I'm really sick of telesales selling people phones they don't want. I'm sick of having to cancel it and fix the customer's plan. It's a bunch of crap it happens three or four times a month people come in with a phone they didn't want and kept telling telesales no! telesales is retarded they prevent us indirect agents from doing cold calls to increase our sale and all we do is tell people to come into our store to look at phones. telesales sells people phones they don't want. Has any one else had trouble with this.
mooiscoow

Aug 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
I hate the fact that they think they can send the customer to your store and you would switch it out for them.
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2007, 11:19 AM
We never never NEVER cold call, we aren't even allowed to go outbound, we're inbound only. And we're simply here to help the people too stupid to do it themselves on the web site... we're basically a human interface between the caller and the computer.

We can never place the order without express permission, which we record.

So I don't know what company you work for but we don't pull that crap in this call center.
TmoBrett

Aug 1, 2007, 4:27 PM
Agreed. No finger pointing just because you have a job that requires you to wear a polo with a logo on it. I get just as many calls bringing down my percentages from authorized dealers and internal stores that have stupid questions for me or want me to fix their problem because they or someone at their store has told a customer telesales can do something that we can't. Sh*t happens...
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
You still stealing music too? You angry angry man!
TmoBrett

Aug 4, 2007, 3:05 PM
no I'm stealing your name and putting out an album titled "DJ Parkay's Ass Parade", we can all buy it off iTunes because I would rather take the food out of your friend's kid's mouths with a crow bar
chainsaw

Aug 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
WE are indirect and we have our own inhouse renewal team that calls back customers and sends them phones in the mail. I've seen some really bad instances where the rep changes their SIM card so they are without a phone. And guess who deals with all their problems? The reps in the store. It is a shame that we work so hard to build ourselves a customer base at our store and don't get the returning upgrades from some of them.
WhoDey

Aug 2, 2007, 12:04 AM
Youre missing out.
Cust just got the phone number, you need to be setting them up with a new line, and just telling them to return the old phone they they dont like, and didnt order.. not like I can do telesales exchanges in store anyhow.
poweredup

Aug 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
if your corporate, you can ๐Ÿ˜ now dont get me wrong its a pain in the butt to do it but it is possible.
ralph_on_me

Aug 4, 2007, 12:08 PM
With my company that's dealer fraud and they wont pay you for the act.
poweredup

Aug 4, 2007, 12:10 PM
wait what? i am talking about exchanging a phone bought from telesales in a corporate store. if you come into my store from a dealer you have to take it back to that dealer.
ralph_on_me

Aug 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
He wasn't talking about exchanges. The person you'd replied to originally would sell customers a new line and then instruct the customer to mail their other phone back to telesales to cancel the activation. That's what we can't do.

Our corp stores can definitely do telesales exchanges.
T-Mob

Aug 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
I'm really sick of retail dude selling people SIM cards and telling them to call my people to get a phone.
I am sick of retail dude calling and DEMANDING that my agent put his dealer code in the order so he gets the sale.
I am sick of retail dude calling in trying to by lots of prepaid phones and then sell them in his store(once I sell it to you you can't get commission off it).

I guess what I am trying to say is Fu**in' Whiny Diluted Retail Dude!
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 9:16 AM
You jerk off. How do you think retail dudes make their living?
M15TER P1NK

Aug 3, 2007, 12:21 PM
i love that

m - can i help you?
c - im just looking im ordering through telesales and they said i could come here and look at the phones
m - well ill offer you the same deal if you activate with me today and youll have an active phone when you leave here.
c - well i already started the process with them and id hate for them to lose that act.

- three weeks later -
(same custy)

c - i need to exchange this phone it doesnt work
m - do you have a return authorization form?
c - no i have the recipt though
m - transactions through telesales must be returned through telesales unless you have that form
c - HOW IS THIS SO DIFFICULT YOU PEOPLE JUST TRY AND MAKE EVERYTHING SO HARD...

no douche bag i tried to make it easy... had you a...
(continues)
nuckingfuts

Aug 3, 2007, 3:45 PM
that happens to me a lot, and I love telling customers what to go do with themselves...
poweredup

Aug 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
i sooo hated when they told us that orders done through telesales could be returned/exchanged in the store! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ i used to love to tell customers "you purchased it through the internet/telesales, you have to return it to the same ppl, sorry but there is nothing i can do for you in my store." ๐Ÿ˜
d3ity

Aug 3, 2007, 2:41 PM
Telesales is a nice double edged sword. So is direct mail.

I do prefer direct mail however. This is why.

About once or twice a week a customer comes in to my store wondering where the hell his phone is. He ordered it via phone from one of those damn cold calls. Great, so the phone never got to him. So now I show him the model they ordered him, and how our price is at least 20 bucks cheaper (or has a mail-in to make it free).

At this point I say, "Well, since it's been a few weeks and your phone hasn't showed up, there is an upgrade available on your account. You can leave with the phone today, and when/if the other one shows up, just send it back and you'll have your phone today".

Bam... sold. Plus I'll actually sell them ...
(continues)
T-Mob

Aug 3, 2007, 7:59 PM
Of course they will try and "STEAL" the sale. Why are you putting a customer on with telesales in the first place? What can we do that you can't? We are not there to cater to you or make YOU money! We should all be able to get along and know our place in this wireless sales world. Telesales agents are there to make commission the same as you. If my agents are talking to a customer they are selling. If they don't even try they should go work at the retail level and just turn in to a bunch of whiny conceded babies.
cellphoneguy

Aug 3, 2007, 8:02 PM
๐Ÿ™„ your full of sh*t
T-Mob

Aug 3, 2007, 8:07 PM
I am just telling you how the world of telesales works. There is a world beyond you!
cellphoneguy

Aug 3, 2007, 8:12 PM
uh yeah i know ๐Ÿคจ but if theres nothing you can do that i cant do why is it i just had a custy that wanted to activate nextel but he had a 100$ deposit but had to talk to telesales first?
T-Mob

Aug 3, 2007, 8:15 PM
Because I work for a REAL company that does not have deposits.
cellphoneguy

Aug 3, 2007, 8:16 PM
can you say last of the top teir companys ๐Ÿคฃ your barking up the wrong tree
TmoBrett

Aug 3, 2007, 9:36 PM
T-Mo is bigger than Sprint/Nextel, also fastest growing, start making friends with AllTel since you're neighbors...
cellphoneguy

Aug 4, 2007, 8:08 AM
TmoBrett said:
T-Mo is bigger than Sprint/Nextel

yeah but not were it matters...usa! check your stats big stink ( see gravater )
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 9:20 AM
T-mo is ass.
cellphoneguy

Aug 4, 2007, 9:30 AM
Its prob the first company he has worked for ๐Ÿ˜
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 9:37 AM
On they would hire that kind of jerk.
TmoBrett

Aug 4, 2007, 12:12 PM
DJ Parkay said:
On they would hire that kind of jerk.

Wow, thanks for making my point for me, I'm certainly not the X-Box worshipping Mountain Dew guzzling type for Sprint. It probably doesn't help that I know how to f***ing read and write either.
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
Wow! You want a cookie?
TmoBrett

Aug 4, 2007, 12:16 PM
I just want you to take that haggard picture of your ass off this forum.
T-Mob

Aug 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
Job stability, security and personal responsibility really sucks. Wait...whats the name of my company this week? That's right it is the same.
Sr. mobile

Aug 4, 2007, 1:28 PM
probably because we no longer have depositsd!!!!! ๐Ÿคฃ
cellphoneguy

Aug 5, 2007, 1:56 PM
Thats the only way the big stink can get custys ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ™„
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 9:21 AM
If you worked for corporate...
frankiewawa

Aug 4, 2007, 9:49 AM
Dj parkay in the hizzy. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 9:56 AM
Eat my shizzy.
frankiewawa

Aug 4, 2007, 9:57 AM
I'll pass. whats good in the hood homie? ๐Ÿ‘€
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 10:16 AM
Not a god damm thing. They are coming out of the ****ing woodwork today.
frankiewawa

Aug 4, 2007, 10:29 AM
Don't they every weekend? ๐Ÿ‘€
DJ Parkay

Aug 4, 2007, 11:24 AM
Im not your homie either.
frankiewawa

Aug 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
๐Ÿ˜ข Them are fightin werds. ๐Ÿ‘€
lscarb85

Aug 4, 2007, 12:15 PM
Well I work at a corporate store and we have problems with with retarded indirects. They sell people phones they don't want and attatch services people don't need or want just to increase their commission. Then when the customer complains the indirects send them to the corporate store for us to clean up their mess!
cellphoneguy

Aug 4, 2007, 3:18 PM
Like i said before corp and indirects do it!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.