Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Have any of you ever done this?

chainsaw

Jul 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
So me, being spacey yesterday forgot to have a customer pay for a phone and let them walk out the door. Actually, I rang it up as cash, gave them their receipt, let them walk away and never realized it until
I was closing and the till was $70 dollars short.
mclean

Jul 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
ive done it but i caught them before they drove off, when you get busy getting rebate forms and paperwork its easy to forget the most important thing.
chainsaw

Jul 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ok, but at the same time I don't understand how some people will walk away without offering to pay.
yeahright

Jul 28, 2007, 11:57 AM
they might have thought it would come on there bill. I have never done this but I have worked with some people who have before.
Webb

Jul 29, 2007, 2:26 PM
They might've been just as dazed by the whole process as the rep.
dilligaff1

Jul 29, 2007, 5:26 PM
Because the phone is supposed to be FREE. In six months when they flush it down the tiolet,W/O insurence the next one is FREE too ๐Ÿคฃ
lexi0707

Jul 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
I have but I called them and they came back to pay for it later that day.
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
Call them. If they don't come in suspend their account and put notes in it so they have to come in. If you cant suspend the account just change the sim (assuming its gsm, if not i guess you could be out 70 bucks) good luck ๐Ÿ™‚
chainsaw

Jul 28, 2007, 12:18 PM
She bought the phone outright, I don't have any of her info!
kapwww

Jul 28, 2007, 12:03 PM
I forgot to ring a guy out on a phone that we were doing for $1.00 with a 2-year plan (special promotion of the month or whatever). After he left, I just rang it out at $0.00 so the sale was tracked. The $1.00 didn't matter. I got off lucky. On $70.00, I would create a charge account (if you can) and send them a bill with a note of explanation.
iRawesome

Jul 28, 2007, 6:06 PM
Oh yeah and have them come in and start b*tching about a random bill they got and how the carrier is screwing them over? Great idea.
frankiewawa

Jul 28, 2007, 4:19 PM
Yes actually I DID do that once. Luckily it was a nice woman who I treated very well. She then called me and told me she forgot to pay for the phone. And because I was a big help and spent time with her and her new phone, she came back and payed the 80$. Man was I happy. Gettin written up or possibly losing that money out of pocket would suck!
d3ity

Jul 28, 2007, 5:24 PM
What I would do in this situation, is quickly do an ESN change or do something else to prevent thier phone from making/recieving calls. Call credit and have thier upgrade reversed. Almost a guarentee they'll be back in the store.
phonemechanic

Jul 28, 2007, 6:20 PM
So you would let them out of the store with a phone that was not paid for and an upgrade that they can use again? SIGN ME UP!!!!!!! ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
d3ity

Jul 29, 2007, 2:56 PM
Hence the ESN change over the upgrade reversal.

When thier phone stops working, they'll be back... Hopefully.
phonemechanic

Jul 29, 2007, 3:01 PM
๐Ÿคจ Or would their first instinct be to call customer service or tech support to find out why? I'd bet that 10 times out of 10, if they do this, the ESN of the new phone will get put back on their number and that'll be the last you see of that customer ๐Ÿ™„
dilligaff1

Jul 29, 2007, 6:27 PM
Or just do a BTA and note the hell on the account. "Cust left W/O paying for FON. Charges ARE VAILD"
d3ity

Jul 30, 2007, 9:54 AM
Problem: Indirects cannot view/add notes to an account.
chainsaw

Jul 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
She was buying it at retail. She has gsm so there was no ESN change, I was dumb and forgot to get her address and cell number when I rang it out. All I have is her first and last name.
rookieb

Jul 30, 2007, 3:35 PM
A couple of weeks ago I filled up my truck with about $100 in gas, forgot to pay and just drove off. When I got to my driveway I realized what happened and went back to the gas station. Apparently the clerk was new and already had 4-5 drive offs on his first week.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.