Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Overseas Third Party Support Vendors

Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 7:05 AM
I wish all wireless carriers would terminated any and all third party vendor relationships that dealt with direct contact of customers like CSRM call centers who can not speak English that can be comprehended and understood without having an interpreter!
I believe the primary reason wireless carriers use third party CSRM call centers over in India and the Phillipines is the financial savings regarding training and benefits versus using their own people for these positions. Hey, why pay John Doe $10/hr when Sanjay Patel will do it for $10/day?
The only ones I've actually been able to understand 100% of the time over the phone without having to ask the person to repeat themself have been the third party CSRM call centers located ...
(continues)
cellsellphones

Jul 9, 2007, 8:42 AM
Amen 😁
WhoDey

Jul 9, 2007, 9:48 AM
Idiot? Check.
Lapdog? Check.
Racist? Check.
Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 10:14 AM
Not either 1 (college graduate) or 3(Bluegrass KY Native) and I'm not #2 (he/she is another PSer). I believe keep jobs in the US or at least in the US and Canada where the people can at least speak English and are able to make decisions for the most part without having to follow some script or tree branch solution guide. Hearing some guys with a very distinct Mubaian accent calling himselves Bob, Charles or Donald makes it hard for me not to bust out laughing. Asked one of them what he thought of the Boston Red Sox this season and his response was he wondered if they was a problem for people in Boston to wear red socks. Hello!
betty_bermuda

Jul 9, 2007, 10:23 AM
I totally agree...and this is for any company. I called my credit card company the guy who answered sounded like he wasnt even speaking english...and THEN...dont even ask them to repeat what they said b/c then they get offended....WTF excuse me for not being (insert race here).Thats just annoying...

In fact, when I used to work for a diff carrier I would call customer care and get that kind of situation all the time...If i were a customer I'd call until I got someone I understood...I sure did that w/ my master card.
Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 10:48 AM
We need to get a petition going people to bring Sexy Back by bringing NOT only the jobs back to the US but our troops as well. They say humanitarian relief starts at home. Well our home isn't Iraq, it's the GD USA! I smell the Vietnam War of our generation brewing and it's about to go South in a huge way. I support our troopers as they are just following the ultimate orders of W, but I sure as Hell DO NOT support the war. We went over to find and destroy the WOMD as W stated. No WOMD found Bubba W. Why don't we investigate why Big Dick shot someone on one of his hunts?
betty_bermuda

Jul 9, 2007, 10:53 AM
dern straight. And im sorry to say that its already NAm...in case you hadnt noticed...I cant wait til the next presidential election...At least now no one will have W as an option...
Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 3:02 PM
Here's what I hope doesn't happen...

George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush Jr.
Hillary Clinton
Jeb Bush

If the last 2 happen, I'm sorry but it's off to Canada I'm heading.
mallbound

Jul 9, 2007, 4:41 PM
lol, that's what my roommate just recently said.

"F' it, if Hillary gets elected my @ss is going to canada."

I'm already thinking about moving to Australia anyways...
Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 6:18 PM
Just watch out for a sea snake known as the krate. They are the most poisonous snake known to man.
SLRMcLaren

Jul 9, 2007, 1:45 PM
So apparently VISA has the majority of its call centers outsourced. Anyone with a standard VISA (check/debit/etc.)or a VISA Gold Card is the most likely to receive an outsourced call center. VISA Platinum customers are the least likely to receive an outsourced call center due to VIP customer routing (according to my VISA rep).

The only problem we run into with this is that there are SOOOO many of these people that have a very difficult time with english in our own country that half the time, you dont even know if you've reached an outsourced call center. Its extremely unfortunate but I'm the same as you, Betty. I'll just hang up until I get someone who I can understand when speaking in a clear and conversational tone.
chainsaw

Jul 9, 2007, 10:51 AM
A CEO would never make that choice. The detriment to his share holders would be too grand!
Nikoletta

Jul 9, 2007, 5:09 PM
Not so much. We already do exactly that.

We do not outsource to any country other than Canada (So US or Canada) for any of our call centers.

Maybe that's why we win the awards.
Sprint_nextel82

Jul 9, 2007, 4:35 PM
I'm working for one and actually you might as well ask the companies who outsource their services here than start blaming us for just taking a job opportunity.

Peace!

I
Ray

Jul 9, 2007, 6:29 PM
As I said before, keep the jobs and our military troops here in North America and let the rest of the world fend for themselves.
Sprint_nextel82

Jul 9, 2007, 6:42 PM
Too bad there's nothing we can do about it except pray for that to happen. All I can say is that most if not all of the decisions that made this happen occurred at your side of the pond bro.

And I strongly agree about your troops, jobs just equates to money but when it comes to your troops your talking about lives at stake

Why can't you just use the rules your enemies use on you?

If it is our troops in your place, we might be poor but we fight using the same rules that the enemy would use on us.

Hehehehe

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.