Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

UNDISCIPLINED CHILDREN

cellb1tch

Jul 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
So I had this mother in the store with her two kids the other day. The older one was pretty well behaved and looked at the phones while the mom was asking questions about her account to another rep. The little boy however was knocking accessories over and pulling the phones from the wires and throwing them against the wall. The mother told them to stop and that she couldn't afford to buy another phone if they broke it. The little brat continued to throw the phones off the wall. It wasn't until I ran over to him and yelled at him and told him he couldn't touch anything at all anymore. The mom just sat there as her little boy cowered in the corner the rest of the time they were in the store. Is it wrong to yell at kids when the parents ...
(continues)
that_one_girl

Jul 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to smack a kid, but I totally understand what you mean. At my old store I'd have kids that would pull all the accessories off my accessory wall and throw them on the floor while their parents just stood there like "Oh, little Johnny's such a handful!" or just completely ignore them. If I had acted like that as a kid my mother would have beat me within an inch of my life.
nuckingfuts

Jul 5, 2007, 10:20 AM
talk the the parents like they are little kids themselves, it works almost everytime!
krickt

Jul 5, 2007, 10:25 AM
My kids are older now, but if they did what you guys are describing, you probably would have called the cops on me. My kids wouldn't dare do things like that, they knew they could get swatted at any time, in any place if they acted up. To this day, (they are 13 and 10) they ask if they can look at things, and stick by my side when we go into stores. Now, they know if they misbehave I won't buy them things, or bring them with me. If you raise them right, even big things can be corrected with nothing more than a "mom stare".
cellb1tch

Jul 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
I'm 26 and my mom still gives me the 'mom stare' and my dad will not hesitate to slap me across the face! And I would not touch them out of respect!! Not kids now!!
krickt

Jul 5, 2007, 10:39 AM
My daughter was in the store a few days ago when a HS kid was in with her parents. This girl was a total brat. She kept saying how her phone was ghetto, and she NEEDED a new one. Her phone is less than one year. Her mother was eligible to get a new phone, and beautiful daughter talked her into a Razr. Then wanted me to take the phone and put it on her line. (I can't do that, immediately, and if they aren't on the same account number which they weren't, I can't do that for 30 days) I explained why she would have to wait for 30 days to do that, and this lovely child started wailing on me about how it was all about me, and my profits and not about making the customer happy. Her father told her to STFU (without the cursing of course), and...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Jul 5, 2007, 11:02 AM
Id've been like, "If you're yelling at me like that, you must not want my service. Have a good day!"
honeysuckle03

Feb 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
well. kids must be trained specially if they are in a a store full of fragile stuffs..
its still in the way parents disipline their children...
labellavita

Feb 21, 2008, 2:32 PM
If I would have ever yelled at someone in a store my mother would have literally attacked me. She used to carry a wooden spoon in her purse at the grocery store and if I would act up she would pull it out a little and that would straighten me right out. We have this 17 year old girl that lives with her grandpa who is the sweetest old man ever. She will break her phone or it will get stolen once every 3 months and demands that her grandpa buy her a brand new one at full retail. she has insurance so it would just be a $50 deductible but she wants a brand new one. and the grandpa goes along with it. you can tell he doesnt have a lot of money and I feel so bad for him. she yells at him in the store. she is such a little b!tch we all want...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Jul 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
Damn!
rico_mambo88

Feb 20, 2008, 10:16 PM
can kids get a restraining order?? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

i would never ever tolerate such a behavior.
Tmo Slave

Feb 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
WTF man don't be an idiot. Look at the frickin date.
rico_mambo88

Feb 20, 2008, 10:34 PM
got a problem with that, buddy?
Tmo Slave

Feb 20, 2008, 10:38 PM
Go troll somewhere else. And I ain't your buddy.
ShackViperElite

Feb 20, 2008, 11:02 PM
A lot of us have problems with it.

Threads that are that old belong off the page. You're bringing them back on a regular basis. Lame.
ucantbeserious

Feb 20, 2008, 11:08 PM
he's a troll he does it to get a rise out of people. the best thing to do is ignore it. maybe itll get bored and go away, thought i doubt it, it usually just comes back with a different name and does something else equally as if not more stupid than the last time.
BigShowJB

Feb 22, 2008, 4:52 PM
that's a good i dea if he is ignored, he'll move on to some other forum like phone arena and leave ours alone
ucantbeserious

Feb 20, 2008, 10:37 PM
hes a troll, loves necroposting.. just ignore him.
rico_mambo88

Feb 20, 2008, 11:43 PM
hey, we're in the same industry here... what on earth have i done to you? i thought that this would be a forum wherein people would have the opportunity to vent out and share good practices. lame? im sorry... it wasn't my intention to upset any of you guys. im a newbie here and just enjoyed reading the older posts, what's wrong with that? your assault on me was totally unwarranted and brings you down to the very level of the supid custies you so very hate.
ucantbeserious

Feb 21, 2008, 12:01 AM
ok ray.... of sunshine.... what ever you say.๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ™„
labellavita

Feb 21, 2008, 3:43 PM
I dont really see what's the big deal with the necro posting. as long as it's an issue that we can vent about who cares? Didnt realize phonescoop was handing out necro posting police badges ๐Ÿ™„
Tmo Slave

Feb 21, 2008, 6:52 PM
Necro posting is a very big no no on most message boards. And is often frowned upon by the admints of said message boards. It clutters up the front page with old posts from people who sometimes don't even post anymore. If you want to post on a subject start your own thread. Most people would prefer if you made a new post about a similar subject than repsonding to a post from 6 months ago.
rico_mambo88

Feb 21, 2008, 7:24 PM
again, it's not my intention to upset anybody. pls pardon my lapses. im a reasonable person and i ain't ray (whoever the hell he is). i mean no disrespect.

let's start over as friends. let this unfortunate event be a reminder of a decadent past. it wouldn't hurt to have me as your friend.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.