Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

iPhone: Honest opinions?

Mr. Pickman

Jun 30, 2007, 8:28 AM
I haven't had a chance to swing by a Cingular shop in my off time yet (and doubt I'd be welcomed in my uniform), but I've made alot of speculations about the device and its capabilities. Alot of those have been echoed by the press and tech-geeks the world wide, so I'm just hoping to get some non-biased opinions from people.

Ignore the chic of having the iPhone, the hype behind it, and please, evaluate it as a phone, a media device, and a "PDA".

Now, what do you think?
HDkiosk

Jun 30, 2007, 9:45 AM
theres an apple store right in front of me and a at&t store round the corner so for the past weeks i've done nothing but bash the phone when any1 asked me a question but yesterday i played with one and wow lol its pretty cool. 200kps aint gonna cut it but the device itself is def fun to play with. the tocuh screen is a lot easier to use than i thought to.
iRawesome

Jun 30, 2007, 9:53 AM
I have a list printed off of things the iPhone does do, and doesn't do, and to be completely unbiased and honest, the doesn't list outweighs the does.
OfAMightDivine

Jun 30, 2007, 9:58 AM
I haven't had time to use the iPhone yet. I work with VZW, so I suppose it doesn't matter lol.

I have however already had 4 escalated calls about it already (read above, I work with VZW) One tart swore up and down that a manager told her VZW would carry it the same day as AT&T, told me I was lying when I said it was a GSM phone and wouldn't use VZW. She told me she was gonna 'write coporate and have my job'. Good luck lady. I'm sure someone higher up will cave to her and make her a handmade iPhone for CDMA lol
Nikoletta

Jul 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
I would very much like to see that list so I have the info myself. Would you post it please?
iRawesome

Jul 1, 2007, 1:35 PM
My coworker gave it to one of the T-Mo guys across the hall, so we don't have it anymore. Don't worry, he's already been drawn and quartered.
Nikoletta

Jul 1, 2007, 2:27 PM
Bugger. You don't possibly remember some of what was on it?
iRawesome

Jul 1, 2007, 3:37 PM
Not really...I just glanced at how long the list was then a custy came up so I had to refocus my attention.
Mr. Pickman

Jul 1, 2007, 12:48 AM
Alright, update time.

I had a chance to play with an iPhone for about 30 minutes on my lunch break today, and it was really awesome starting out.

I was impressed by the accelerometer's quickness to adjust to my tossy handling, and I really liked how quick the interface responded to me.

However, I got into the text messaging, and I've got to say, I can't see how they expect anyone but a 4 year old chinese girl to type on it. It took me a solid minute to type "Hello, how are you?", a 5 second job for me on T9 or solid key querty.

The WLAN connection I think is very misleading in the stores, and when a customer asked the rep if its always this fast and he replied "Yeah, mostly.", I had to step in which he didn't appreciate. Still,...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 1, 2007, 12:31 PM
That was very well written and informative.

That's also pretty much what I expected to hear.
mr bluetoof

Jul 1, 2007, 12:19 PM
anyone that spends 600 on a cell phone is a retard and for the good of humanity I hope they are sterile
mallbound

Jul 1, 2007, 12:25 PM
Or signs a 2 year contract to use said phone on an overly expensive rate plan with under-performing internet.
mr bluetoof

Jul 1, 2007, 12:27 PM
yup that too

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.