Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

A question for store managers..or reps.

chainsaw

Jun 19, 2007, 7:46 PM
So I just got my own store a month and a half ago. We barely hit our goal last month and are projecting to miss it this month. What do you guys do if your numbers are down? Do you actively solicit sales by cold calling businesses or passing out flyers? Do you see any results from these exercises? How do you try and get back on track when times are slow? My territory manager is trying to turn me into an outside salesman to get customers into my store because my company turned into starbucks and put a store on ever corner. I hate reporting such bad numbers but when I have no traffic I don't want to be blamed.
loveface1106

Jun 19, 2007, 7:54 PM
Well the mall I'm at, we have no traffic whatsoever. This mall is honest to god dead. I don't know though, our numbers are normally down. Just start talking to people ask them questions. Be up beat and happy and if they are rude to you, just smile. I haven't been here long enough to know if the flyers work or not but I think we might be having something special for 4th of July when it comes around.

I'm also in a kiosk so things might be a little different. Sometimes we gotta step out and talk to people, as long as mall management doesn't come around and kick us back in our kiosks!

Just keep positive and positive things will come out of it. Keep your head up and don't let a down day get you down. If it starts out down then you got all...
(continues)
blizone

Jun 19, 2007, 7:54 PM
Well what I do is pretty simple I start calling all my buddies who own small businesses and start offering business accounts for them...they send their employees to my store get sales in and make some money while looking good at it....sometimes I even try and advertise every now and then by sending out one of my reps dressed in a mascot to lour customers in the door....my sales team is so good that once a customer comes it they are walking out with a new ohone in their hands... 😎

So just market market and market some more....And every customer that comes in try and "flip em" into adding lines or upgrading etc....
loveface1106

Jun 19, 2007, 7:57 PM
What about the kiosk people?
chainsaw

Jun 19, 2007, 8:09 PM
We have no problem once we get someone in our store its just that we have a hard time getting people in here. One problem is that we are new and the best store in our company out of 2 states is honestly a mile and half away from us so they have a huge customer base and I have hardly none. I just wish our marketing department would put together a better program to drive customers to brand new stores so I don't have to lose sleep over dwindling sales numbers. blah where are the customers at?!?
oneday

Jun 19, 2007, 9:26 PM
Ok as a store manager in a small kiosk we do lots of things to get customers . Here are a few
1/ look at people that are coming off plan ,You should be able to get a report of this , check if the are eligible for a re upgrade or contract , then call them , and do the deal . This works in about 3 out of 10 customers for me, so a good result.
2/ Fliers , yes they do work , possibly you can have a ins-tore special just for those flyers , ie free car charger , or something else , we offered an extra year warranty that worked well .
3/smille , have a good vibe in your store , good music , happy attitude , sounds a little over the top but it works.
4/ celebrate success , so if you have a staff member who has had a good day then let people kn...
(continues)
iRawesome

Jun 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Oh ondispray, you so crever. How anybody ever compete wif you?
iRawesome

Jun 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
Oops, sorry. Misread the screen name.
BigShowJB

Jun 19, 2007, 11:51 PM
ALl you can do is just make sure the customer leaves with what he/she needs and that they know that is what they need... not what they want, not what your sales rep wants them to have, WHAT THEY NEED!!!! you find all this out by ansking the open ended questions. you're the manager now so you probably already know them but make sure your reps know how to use them. If it's a corporate kiosk, find out what your carrier wil let you do as an additional promotion if you're a 3rd party or affiliate, maybe offer a little something extra for referrals...but just stick with it and make the right sale for the customer, not for your profit today
oneday

Jun 20, 2007, 1:13 AM
🙂 god bless you big john , love your work , i think of you as this big hairy sheriff that patrols the super highway (phone scoop) that is, ps if you not hairy thats ok as well . 😎
BigShowJB

Jun 20, 2007, 8:42 AM
i wear a cashmere sweater in the summer time, even when i'm topless
oneday

Jun 20, 2007, 6:36 PM
🤤 Stooooooop turning me on
chainsaw

Jun 20, 2007, 2:49 PM
We definitely have no problem getting customers exactly what they need. What I need is more customers! We have been open for 4 hours and had 2 customers all day.
lilmissqt28

Jun 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
Also, if your carrier offers discounts for different companies employees, make flyers for those places n drop them off. That works well for us. Just be sure to put your stores address & phone number on it.
BigShowJB

Jun 20, 2007, 6:45 PM
good tip .. i increased my sales by ten lines this month alone by dropping off flyers in the mall and a couple other places around town
Talkabout-Allen

Jun 20, 2007, 11:23 AM
For me networking has been the key to success. If you sell a phone to one person, you should ask for a couple of referrals. Tell your friends to tell their family, and tell their family to tell their friends, and so on and so on. With every phone you sell you should get at least one referral.
Heather

Jun 20, 2007, 3:09 PM
Things we do-

Have a remote ( I think that is how it is spelled )

Go through your customer data base and send a card, or call everyone available for an upgrade

Every time a customer comes in try to upsell them

Every time a customer comes in for even the smallest accessorie check their account. I do this all the time and about 1/3 of them have a high bill and need data added.

Send thankyou cards with something in it that says get $ of your monthly bill or so much of an accessorie, or a free charger or case if you refer a person to our store.

Make a flyer and drop them off at all the stores in town that may have a bullitin board.

Do cross promotions

And what I have done that works the best-
Whare your work shirt and b...
(continues)
Heather

Jun 20, 2007, 3:11 PM
🤭 sorry about the spelling, I forgot spell check 🤭
DJ Parkay

Jun 22, 2007, 8:43 PM
You have to do like TMS and commit fraud regularly. Also you will want to go out and.... ARRHH hell!!! Were getting robbed right now!!!! AHHHHH
ralph_on_me

Jun 22, 2007, 8:49 PM
are you drinking on the job again?
DJ Parkay

Jun 22, 2007, 8:53 PM
Hahahaha. Ahhhh hahah I f-ing wish. Then I could puke on the asshoes that come in to my store.
ralph_on_me

Jun 22, 2007, 9:28 PM
next time gadget. next time.
BigShowJB

Jun 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
yes Dr. claw
DJ Parkay

Jun 23, 2007, 12:20 PM
poop
BigShowJB

Jun 23, 2007, 1:00 PM
poop what?
lilredhead

Jun 23, 2007, 2:36 PM
Though I support phonescoop and all of it's forum awesome-ness 🙂 , it wouldn't necessarily be the greatest of places to be spending your time when you are slow or lacking traffic in your new store. I surf the forum pages when my store is very slow sometimes, and I am constantly seeing the same names replying to most of the forum posts, yours being one of them. (please don't take offense, i'm just trying to help) With the success of the wireless industry constantly getting bigger, i agree with you that a new store is opening on every street corner. At my store, the reps in the past have designed flyers for outbound sales offering a free phone with a family plan, aside from the already present national advertising campaigns. Apartment comple...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jun 23, 2007, 2:43 PM
Thanks for the advice!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.