Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Changing numbers

lexi0707

Jun 18, 2007, 4:08 PM
I had a customer call in earlier wanting to change one of his numbers.
Ok no big deal.
If his number was 555-1234 and his sons number was 555-1235.
He wanted to change his sons number to 555-1233.
He wanted it to be one less than his instead of one more than his.
I tried explaining that I could get his son a new number however I could not pick the number for him.
He could not understand why not.
It took ten min of me explaining that someone else already has the number he wants and two phones could not have the same number.
At the end of the call I asked if there was anything else I could help him with.
And he told me that I had not helped him in the first place and he was going to call someone who could get him the number he ...
(continues)
monkeyracer

Jun 18, 2007, 8:45 PM
Do people really think our only goal is to not help them? Like a guy came in wanting to get his phone fixed, since I don't have a technician, nor tools or training for that, I told him to go to where they do have that. Then asked if there was anything else I could do, he just says cuss words and that I refused his service.

Sure, I planned my day around someone walking in with a broken phone and decide not to help them just because I want to.

Come on people, please start to think about the things that come out of your mouth!
Oylpann

Jun 18, 2007, 10:22 PM
Yup, yup. Just like people calling in wanting a new (FREE!) phone because there's is broken. When you give them the retail price of the phone, because they aren't elidgible for an upgrade and they have no insurance, they cannot grasp that the phones actually cost money!

I so want to tell them: Its like when you go to the bank and setup a free checking account and you get a free toaster.. if your toaster breaks, they dont give you a new one!

And when people call in wanting you to troubleshoot their phone...while they are talking on it...

I so want to say: Do you have your car mechanic work on your car while your driving it to work? NO? Then call back from a different line!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.