Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Well I didn't break it.

Nikoletta

Jun 5, 2007, 2:49 PM
So she is calling to tell me that her Bluetooth headset is broken and she needs a new one.

I go over the options and prices.

She says a bunch of completely unintelligible stuff that I eventually decipher to mean she wants it replaced for free. "Isn't it under warranty?"

"Well yes, but you just told me it had been broken, like somebody busted off a piece right? The Warranty only covers defects, not physical damage after it's purchase."

And she says...

"Well I didn't break it."

This is why they keep us in padded cells.
knn_dm

Jun 5, 2007, 2:52 PM
I get that everyday. This one was from earlier this morning

Customer- Well isn't still under warranty?

Me- Yes, but unfortunately warranties don't cover your dog eating it.

Customer- You guys are a rip off. I'm switching to Verizon.
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 2:53 PM
Thats fine, I had a lady bring in a phone that literally leaked water onto my counter when I pulled the battery out. Once again the all-knowing customer told me it was "under-warranty"... which of course means that I have to give her a free LG 8700....

She's switching to another carrier apparently. So I guess we just traded headaches.
M15TER P1NK

Jun 5, 2007, 4:47 PM
didnt you know... nextels are waterproof... not just water resistant... so when she switches to being my headache she can come in and ask me why letting her kid play with her phone in the tub killed it... its WATERPROOF!
TmoBrett

Jun 6, 2007, 10:09 PM
d3ity said:
She's switching to another carrier apparently. So I guess we just traded headaches.

that is such a beautiful way of putting it, I love those terrible people that say they're going to switch and you smile and think of how much crap their next carrier will have to deal with...
attwork

Jun 5, 2007, 3:15 PM
aparently customers arent the only ones confused about what warranty covers....ive gotten customers transfered to me by customer care reps where the customer tells the rep that they have lost their phone.....

Custy- the rep i just spoke with told me my phone was still under warranty....your telling me you guys cant replace it?

Me- 😳

people can be so stupid....
BigShowJB

Jun 5, 2007, 4:29 PM
c - hi, my phone got shut off because i haven't paid my bil in four months. Does my phone's warranty cover that???
Nikoletta

Jun 5, 2007, 4:43 PM
Wait, are you making that up or did somebody seriously say that?
BigShowJB

Jun 5, 2007, 5:45 PM
No, that is just a prediction..... someone in her ewill have that question come up at some point if they haven't already

I did have someone ask why their phone was turned off and when i made a test call on it it went straight to billing....three months, no payments....

"but I don't have a spending limit on my account." 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.