Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Great News!!! At least I think so...

blackandyellow

Jun 5, 2007, 2:10 PM
Verizon Wireless looks like they wmay be pulling the the plug on the 170k customers of Amp'd Mobile from accessing their 1xEV-DO network seeing how Amp'd owes Verizon Wireless a cool $33 million after Amp'd files Chapter 11. What amazes me is of the 170k Amp'd Mobile customers, only 50% of them actually aren't deadbeats and pay their bill. I can honestly say I hope Amp'd Mobile burns in the wireless Hell they deserve to for screwing over my former employer. They couldn't even may the $4.5 million payment Verizon requested about a month ago. I pray every night Amp'd Mobile is rug burned so raw once Verizon Wireless gets done with them that they'll pray for the proverbial 9mm to be put out of their wretched misery. 😁
blackandyellow

Jun 5, 2007, 2:12 PM
😎 😎 😎
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 2:39 PM
annnnnd you think they're gonna port thier service to sprint? um... probably not.
knn_dm

Jun 5, 2007, 2:30 PM
My face lit up when I read that earlier. I agree with you 100% 😎
Nikoletta

Jun 5, 2007, 2:37 PM
Wait, Wait, you guys are jumping the gun. When Amp'd goes down where do you expect their customers to go? Right to your front door. Do you really want that knowing at least half of them have credit that makes a horse gag?
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 2:39 PM
Yay, prepaid activations.... god those are profitable 😢
Nikoletta

Jun 5, 2007, 2:41 PM
Only after they try and get a contract line, get pissed because they can't, and demand a free RAZR with their prepaid phone.
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 2:46 PM
I would give them a free razr, but not even prepaid customers deserve that level of crappy hardware.
nuckingfuts

Jun 7, 2007, 10:50 AM
Oh, I will give them a razor alright........ and I'd love it if they held it up to their head...... preferably close to their jugular.............
BigShowJB

Jun 5, 2007, 2:31 PM
with any luck, Sprint will get the customers that actually pay their bill and Verizon will get the deadbeats
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 2:41 PM
Actually, I take my last statement about those customers porting to sprint back... Sprint will give you a phone with absolutley NO credit for only $150... they'll just give you a $5 spending limit.
blackandyellow

Jun 5, 2007, 4:43 PM
Actually the SLM amount is $150.
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 4:56 PM
In my days at ratshack... many a time did the following situation happen.

Customer approved for sprint, 150 deposit.

Customer pays deposit, activates phone.

Activation fees hit account, phone shuts off immediatley due to spending limit.

Customer needs to pay bill to resume service, Customer wishes to pay bill in store.

Ratshack needs precash card, that is currently bieng made in precashlandia, and like all mail from precashlandia, will be sent to the wrong address anyway.

I inform customer that there is a 3 dollar fee to pay bill, customer nods grudgingly and agrees.

I inform customer that since he does not have the precash card that doesn't yet exist, I will also have to charge him a 5 dollar fee to look up the account ...
(continues)
Kagehiru

Jun 5, 2007, 6:50 PM
What is this spending limit you speak of? Coming from a Verizon background in a land where there is no Sprint, I don't recognize it.
d3ity

Jun 5, 2007, 7:00 PM
In the land of sprint (and cheap 150 dollar deposits) There is a spending limit on your account. What happens "normally" is this.

You put down 150 bucks for your phone as a deposit. You get a spending limit of about $200 bucks. So heres what is supposed to happen.

You start using your phone, if you happen to go over, or be a ringtone fanatic, or browse the web just a bit too much, your bill goes up just as it would with any other provider... except when it hits your spending limit, (lets say 200 bucks), your phone is shut off just about immediatley, until you pay the bill.

So heres the pain in the ass of it all. It's been awhile, and I'm not sure if sprint prorates but somehow it works out like this.

You get your new line, yo...
(continues)
Kagehiru

Jun 5, 2007, 7:12 PM
Wow. I'll put that down in the really big book of things not to do in business. I wouldn't want to be a Sprint rep with all the potential hassles that would cause.
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 9:28 AM
I have never had a problem with the spending limit fo any of my customers. It cuts down the number of people whose bill gets so big that they cant pay it off for anything and have to switch carriers to get service back on.

the most common spending limit I see is $400 and people who have lower limits usually are getting into a family plan, which turns a 3- line account $150/line limit into a $450 limit account with over $300 of room.
Especially after I call my contacts and get their activation waived
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 9:48 AM
Sprint does love waiving activation fees.
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 12:21 PM
no they really don't, but i know who to talk to there....
d3ity

Jun 6, 2007, 5:00 PM
At ratshack all I had to do was call our sprint rep and bam, waived.... for anyone.
frankiewawa

Jun 6, 2007, 4:30 PM
Nice job raycaroll70 you can read the phonescoop news 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.