Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

warranty covers?

bassplayer

May 25, 2007, 5:00 PM
I just had a kid who brought his chocolate in because his keypad "fell off"... not his fault of course, it just came off when he slid the phone open.... right.

Verizon gonna warrant this thing? I said no, I'm at an agent location so it doesn't matter either way, but I'm just curious. The kid's like 15 at best.
katrina

May 25, 2007, 5:35 PM
I don't know about Verizon, but for me it would depend on the age and condidtion of the phone and the likelyhood of it actually just falling sff
attwork

May 25, 2007, 5:42 PM
not positive about verizon either, but im sure it wont be covered unless the manufacturer has put out some type of product advisory/known issue about it....even if it did "fall off by itself" i couldnt see them covering that.
WhoDey

May 25, 2007, 10:14 PM
Id cover it under ESRP with sprint.

We cover like......... everything.
Serious... im amazed at what is covered with ESRP.
M15TER P1NK

May 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
50 bucks... new phone to distroy... up to 3 times...
WhoDey

May 26, 2007, 9:31 PM
N, Im saying IN STORE repair/free replacment ordered.

I have exchanged:
Broken in half
Chewed by dog
Run over by vehicle

etc. etc. etc.

The ONLY time Insurance (50 bucks) is involved is lost, stolen, water, or circuit board exposed
caecilia97

May 27, 2007, 1:46 PM
Chewed by dog and run over by vehicle should have been turned to Asurion...check your ESRP/TEP booklets.
WhoDey

May 27, 2007, 9:02 PM
Right... what SHOULD happen aint always what DOES happen.
Its not a black and white issue, some people see rules as guidelines that can have some wiggle room.

The point I was making was, when I worked for VZW, if you broke your phone in half, sorry, 50 bucks, call insurance.
Its very different at sprint..
Hell, even if you DONT have ESRP, we'll fix your phone for a fee.. I never saw that at Verizon
caecilia97

May 28, 2007, 8:27 AM
Sorry...not like that in my district...
SatansQueen

May 26, 2007, 4:04 PM
Yeppers, I
Johanisu19

May 25, 2007, 7:31 PM
yeah for us as long as no phy damage they may cover or it would be a Teir 1 repair ($20) for them to fix. I had a SLVR that had the same thing and that is how much the National repair center said they would charge.
kapwww

May 26, 2007, 8:35 AM
If the phone is spotless, just split in two, he might have a valid claim. Usualy, you can see where it took the hit or enough marks to prove abuse. If you show them the obvious abuse and they still choose not to believe you when you tell them they're SOL, then you have no choice but to send them to the techs at corporate and let the tech tell the same thing.
M15TER P1NK

May 26, 2007, 3:57 PM
do they seriously think were braindead... how can you, with a straight face, tell me that the phone that is dripping with water in front of me on the counter was never even NEAR water...

do you think we salvaged the phone we sold you from the titanic?

it wasnt water damaged when we sold it... we would have noticed... i mean we only have to PROGRAM THE DAMN THING!

this phone met water in a very personal way in the very near past... a two year old could tell...

now wheather or not you did it or it was one of your equally annoying children is a moot point... your phone = pwn3d by water... you lose...

Game Over
craptacularwireless

May 26, 2007, 5:25 PM
🤣
frankiewawa

May 27, 2007, 2:17 PM
Yeah or... "I pulled my phone out of my pocket and the screen display was smashed in."

Ok, like that happens all by itself.

I also had someone say this "I put my phone on my dressor to charge and when I woke up I took it off my dressor and the screen was smashed open with liquid on it"

Lol! Do people think we are that damn gullable??
I AM GOD

May 27, 2007, 3:01 PM
Yes they do
caecilia97

May 27, 2007, 3:12 PM
Although, to be fair, I have also had customers (albeit far less frequently) who come into the store telling me flat out that their phone had a beer spilled on it the night before at the bar.
frankiewawa

May 27, 2007, 3:14 PM
The best is when someone tells you the phone fell in the toilet AFTER you handled it. a**holes.
I AM GOD

May 27, 2007, 3:18 PM
Yeah, this lady did that to me a little while back.
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 9:57 AM
did YOUR customer at least have the courtesy to wipe it off completely first????

I could also put this one in the EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..... thread
caecilia97

May 27, 2007, 3:31 PM
Ewwwwww....yeah, that's pretty nasty...though coming from an S&R store, I can't say I've never had it happen to me before.

😛
Foamy

May 29, 2007, 12:36 PM
The first part, I can understand.

I smashed the screen on my phone while it was in my pocket without realizing it.

Though trying to say it wasn't their fault is just ridiculous. Do they they we reached in their pocket while they weren't looking and cracked it?
attwork

May 29, 2007, 12:46 PM
i had a guy call me yesterday that had his phone plugged in during a power surge and it tottaly messed up the phone, screen was bleeding and everything....felt bad for the guy but there wasnt anything i could do, manufacturer sure wasnt going to cover it under warranty. he yelled for about 15 minutes straight saying it wasnt his fault....but what he didnt understand is its not our fault either....shouldve told they guy to call his electric co. and yell at them

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.