Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

I apparently have no reason to be here

that_one_girl

May 20, 2007, 3:44 PM
A guy just came up to my kiosk. He was looking for phones for his elderly parents. He said they need big screens, big buttons and no frills. I suggested the LG CU400. I'm aware it has some frills, but nothing too extravagant. He then notices the SYNC and asks why I wouldn't suggest that phone, which is currently cheaper than the CU400 in my location (but not by much). I explained that it is completely the opposite of "no frills" and all the buttons and controls may be confusing to the elderly. He then says "But it's cheaper." I am quite aware it's $10 cheaper, but I was actually suggesting a phone that fit the description he gave me. Anyway, he knows my products and apparently my job better than me, so who am I to argue?
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 3:46 PM
Gotta love that. No frills sometimes equals low cost. Maybe thats what he meant?
jalanjalaning

May 20, 2007, 3:49 PM
i hate it when they ask for something, you show it to them, and then they insist on something that does not fall under what they asked for... i get "what is your cheapest phone?" so i pull it out and show it to them and they look into the distance and finally interrupt to say "what about the razr?" 🙄
Guy Montag

May 20, 2007, 3:51 PM
Lol, I get this too. Why not just ask the price on the razr. 🙄
that_one_girl

May 20, 2007, 4:04 PM
because cheap people like to pretend that they're not cheap. DUH!
craptacularwireless

May 20, 2007, 4:16 PM
I hate that crap, I get it every day.

C: What's the most basic phone you have?
M: These three here.
C: (looks at it as if they're insulted that I even suggested these phones to them) What about one with a camera?
M: (thinking to myself, "I thought you wanted a basic phone, ass.") We have these here...
BigShowJB

Jun 1, 2007, 1:45 PM
it's great when a basic phone turns into a KRZR
Athanatoi

Jun 1, 2007, 2:16 PM
ZOMG ZOMBIE THREAD
attwork

Jun 1, 2007, 2:17 PM
yeah you should really stop bringing up/replying to posts from 2-4 weeks ago
M15TER P1NK

Jun 1, 2007, 2:44 PM
Brains... BRAINS...

digging up old posts will rot your BRAINS!
paddyoc

Jun 1, 2007, 5:14 PM
Relax, maybe he was just thinking.......

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.