Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

What do you think is the average.......

cilvzwagent

May 18, 2007, 2:35 PM
Lifespan of an in-store sales rep in the Wireless industry? So many people are shocked to see/hear that in my store the same 3 girls have been here since right about the time we opened (April 2005). Is it really that shocking that we don't have a high turn over rate (or any at all)? Or is frequent turn over a common thing in the wireless industry, and we're just out of the norm?
jdickey84

May 18, 2007, 2:49 PM
I have been with Cingular for over 3 years. Most of the other in-store reps I know have been around for at least 2 years.
biscuit

May 18, 2007, 2:54 PM
I have been at this store for over a year, I was at another store for over a year before I came here, so I have worked from Verizon for 2 1/2 years. One of the other girls I work with has been here for almost 3 years. I think it depends on who you work with. If you don't like who you work with then the crazy customers could probably get to ya more and make it seem like a good idea to leave.
The store I used to work at had really crappy people above me, which made me unhappy, so I left. I am happy here and don't plan on going anywhere soon. So I think it all depends on what the story is with the stores.
Guy Montag

May 18, 2007, 2:51 PM
Where I am at turn over is pretty common. There are always new openings and the grass is always greener mentality gets to a lot of people.
Foamy

May 18, 2007, 3:07 PM
In my company we have 5 stores.

Of all the stores I have the second most seniority of everybody. Only 1 person at the store level has been here longer than me.

I've only been here less than a year and a half.
averagewhiteboy

May 18, 2007, 3:22 PM
I think indirect has a lot more turnover than direct corporate locations.
will.h.

May 18, 2007, 3:37 PM
In my experience Direct stores dont usually have a problem with turnover. But most (not all!) Indirects have turnover problems. Some worse than others, when I worked for Alert Cellular (tmobile & verizon dealer) I swear every time I called another store I was talking to a new employee and its still that way. I'd say to have 3 of you in that store for so long is pretty impressive.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.