Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Transcript of my call with a veteran

wwehavok85

Apr 28, 2007, 8:38 PM
I work in prepaid customer support. The other day, I got a call from a man wanting to know why his new phone wasn't working. I am going to give you as accurate an account as I can of the call.

ME: Thank you for calling Cingular Wireless, now the new AT&T. My name is Bob and I will be helping you today. Can I start by getting your cell phone number area code first?

CUST: Yeah, my phone isn't working. I just paid $100 for this phone and I cannot make any calls.

ME: I am sorry to here that, sir, but if I may have your cell phone number area code first, I will be more than happy to find out why it is not working for you.

CUST: Yeah, let me get it. (3 MINUTES OF SILENCE. PER POLICY, I WAS ABOUT TO READ A DEAD AIR SCRIPT WHEN HE CAME ...
(continues)
Guy Montag

Apr 28, 2007, 9:06 PM
We get these customers in the stores all the time. They never know their own account information then get mad at you when you can't tell them what it is. In Pos.comII you can't even look up an account without either phone# or account # in addition to SSN or Zip. So when they can't remember anything other than their name and I can't help them they tend to get a little pissy.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.