Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Selling tips

corvette125

Mar 23, 2007, 9:29 PM
I recently started selling cell phones and wandered if anyone had any hooks to get people to stick around and chat or tips for selling cells/plans?
cingcing

Mar 23, 2007, 9:43 PM
Learn your products inside and out. Customers need to hear the confidence in your voice when you explain things to them.

Find the best salesperson at your store and mimic them, they're doing something right. You can take their style and make it better.

Read. The greatest Salseman in the world, How to Win Freinds and Influence People, and The Inner Game of Tennis are a few of my favorites. Sales is a trade, just like carpentry, computer programming, or Blacksmithing. It takes time and effort to learn about it.

If you take it seriously, there is no limit to your earning potential. Unfortunetly, there isn't really a floor either. You can't be timid.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
goodbyejack

Mar 24, 2007, 9:24 AM
I agree with cingcing. If your are confident in your product and know it inside and out, your customers are going to be a lot more confortable with taking your suggestions. Think about it, have you ever dealt with a sales person that really didnt know what they were selling? If you ask them a question they stutter and go ask other employees for the answer, I think we all have and it makes you very uncomfortable and you dont want to listen to their suggestions. But, then you get those reps that KNOW what they are selling, any question you ask them, they have an answer. That makes You as a rep look good and the company that you work for look good as well. I think thats the best piece of advice any of us can give to you, Know everything about y...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 24, 2007, 9:28 AM
Also remember, to know your plans better than you know your phones. Phones break, get drowned, get lost, get replaced, but the wrong plan can kill your relationship with your customer.

Also, learn to let barbs and zingers just roll off of you. Don't respond to them, some custies are just trying to get you to get snotty with them so they can justify stomping out of the store.
Whats my name

Mar 24, 2007, 9:45 AM
Make friends with the customers... If you help sine with problems even if your not getting paid for it the customer will rember that and always come back to you for help.... and eventually lines and accesories
jareddude42

Mar 24, 2007, 11:32 AM
although i am in my final 2 weeks in the wireless industry i have a few tips. aside from what everyone has already said. dont talk too much a lot of talk can confuse the customer or you may tell them too much info and say something they dont like. if you offer them a deal or whatever u gotta do to make the sale always say "and thats a great deal" if you seem sold on it they will be to . leave your problems at the door everybody has issues in life but when you come to work just think of it as a paycheck and put your smile on and seem excited. if you seem excited to be sellin they will be excited to be buying
MrAbstracto

Mar 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
You've gotten some good tips so far, but I feel there are a few that are missing:
1. Bring a gun to work. Wave it around a lot. nothing tells customers your serious about what you do then seeing a fireamrm.
2. Treat your customers like children, if they start to get uppity, pistol whip them with the gun.
3. Try to mention Satan at least once with every customer.
4. Dont forget how important it is to steal. even little things like pens or candy.
5. Dont brush your teeth, comb your hair or bathe before work.
jareddude42

Mar 24, 2007, 1:25 PM
right cant forget the gun #1 part mayself i have a glock my boss carries a tech 9 haha. also one last thing the companies say they want an alchohol and drug free work place what they mean is dont bring it here. get drunk at lunch then go back to the store
Foamy

Mar 24, 2007, 1:38 PM
I thought the drug free thing meant I'm not supposed to charge my co-workers for their "supplies."
corvette125

Mar 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
Thanx for the tips guys, appreciate it..will also check those books out.
3g-g-g-unit

Mar 28, 2007, 5:45 PM
I always build rapport with customers with this one little trick...

I say "Oh no! I've sat in some gum!" then I pull my scrotum-ball skin through my zipper to give it that appearance. We all laugh together and proceed with the activation process. Follow this process and you'll immediately skyrocket yourself to superstardom.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.