Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

wtf no way

groundhog_day

Mar 16, 2007, 4:27 PM
ok here we go...

I sold this girl a phone. she brought it back in 10 days later with a manfu. defect.

I said i could not exchange it for free because it was also physically damaged. so she went to corp. store 2 towns away and went to complain there. they told her to come back to my store and have me call the manager at the corp..

ok so i did and they manager told me i was wrong, first off we are agent location..they r corp. Our policy states ALL RETURNS MUST BE IN LIKE NEW CONDITION.

so the manager asked me to hand the phone to the customer . I could hear everything that was said and the MANAGER had told the cust to call cust service and file a complaint against me.......

all i have to say is

wt...
(continues)
Verizon Wiz-Wireless

Mar 16, 2007, 5:57 PM
That sucks
Phoneo

Mar 16, 2007, 6:01 PM
you should never have called the corp. store manager to begin with. That was your first and largest mistake. Now you need to call CS and make a complaint about him telling cust. erroneous information.
Crapbag

Mar 16, 2007, 6:53 PM
I wonder if he even looked at the phone. Even corp wouldn't take a phone back that was mangled. The customer would also be required to take it back to the point of purchase to attmept to cancle for this very reason. Some people are idiots, its amazing that this particular idiot made it to management. 🙄
gozvzw

Mar 17, 2007, 3:28 PM
You need to report that manager to your indirect account manager (if you sell Verizon). He is totally wrong to do that. Hope you get his name.
billthephoneguy

Mar 17, 2007, 8:23 PM
I can top that. I was sitting happily in my agent kiosk, when a lady that had bought a Moto V65 four months ago comes up and demands a new phone because her battery was not holding a charge. I told her that I could not just give her a new phone, and that she would have to go through Verizon Customer Service or Moto to get a replacement. She demanded a new phone right now. I repeated that I could not do that, then sat through a five minute rant about how I was a crook and a cheat (I did not sell the phone). I told her again that I could not give her a new phone, and that I was sorry I could not help (which I was, I if I could have she would have left). She then informed me that I was not sorry. At that point I snapped. It had been a ...
(continues)
Derek0550

Mar 17, 2007, 8:31 PM
Sometimes you can't help it, you are human not a robot so in my opinion i think you had every right to. i wouldnt recomend doing it alot but she kept pushing your buttons so f*** her.
billthephoneguy

Mar 18, 2007, 11:35 AM
That was my basic thought. Only time in two and a half years I have gone that far. I am just glad it was with a custy to stupid to complain to the right people. 🤣 🤣
gozvzw

Mar 18, 2007, 3:19 PM
Everyone has a breaking point. I had the pleasure of kicking a cust out of my store the other day... he was an a$$. I will start by saying I will take ALMOST anything. Cust can call me every name in the book yell at me all they want and I will take it but this guy just pissed me off.
The guy comes in with a FRU to be activated. I begin activating the phone and here is how the conversation goes:
Cust: Your sending the old phone back for me right?
Me: Do you have the box or any of the paperwork?
Cust (yelling now): That other girl said I didnt need anything but the phone (BS, no one would say that since we cant send something w/o the box or FedEX slip)
I kindly explain why I cant send it back and let him know if he wants to stop back in w...
(continues)
billthephoneguy

Mar 19, 2007, 9:25 AM
I firmly believe that customers are stupid. Most of them are nice stupid but there are those who are nasty stupid. My usual tactic with these is the smile, be firmly polite and very nicely and circumspectly let them know that there is no way in hell that I am going to give them what they want. Once they start yelling, I am not going out of my way at all to bend the rules for them, even where I can.
jarcher2828

Mar 18, 2007, 9:20 PM
😲 don't let ray see this post... 🤣

Any way I had to call security last month to have a lady removed from the store because she tried to rtrn a water damaged phone. lets just say the conversation went something like:

Customer: This phone does not work i need to exchange it.

Me: well let me see for a sec...oh you know what unfortunatly it has water damage...

Customer: (interupting me) IT NEVER GOT WET!!! (yelling)

Me: well you see the thing is we have this indicator sticker, and these this phone has definatly be wet. (refering to fog underneath screen)

customer: it says right her i can rtrn the phone with in 30 days.

me: it says right here it must be in perfect condition. you may pay a restoking fee of $150 for ret...
(continues)
Derek0550

Mar 18, 2007, 9:36 PM
Wow, well done!!!!kudos to you dude. 🤣
crystal

Mar 19, 2007, 2:27 PM
it amazes me how people can be so rude. we need to just find out where THEY work, so we can give them a taste of their own medecine. i just don't understand people! there was an off-duty police officer in here earlier cursing to his wife on the phone, because the account is in her name, and phone insurance has to speak to the account owner.

i just don't understand people.

learn to present yourselves appropriately, and you will get more respect and help.
acthrellis

Mar 19, 2007, 4:24 PM
If I go into a store and have a problem I don't attempt to solve it by acting like a spoiled 3 year old child. The only reason these people are still alive is because it's illegal to shoot them.

I'm gonna become president and require that anyone with an IQ below mine either be neutered or forced to follow elephant's around with poo bags.

HA! Take that. 😈
DJ Parkay

Mar 19, 2007, 4:05 PM
Wow your mgr sux

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.