Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 40 replies

GOD I HATE SPRINT.COM

WhoDey

Mar 16, 2007, 3:12 PM
The following is a list of handsets and prices that are CHEAPER than what I can offer customers in store. The dollar amount I quote will reflect the amount I would have to discount the phone (including the MIR, since they will get denied for rebate if the phone is discounted below the before rebate price).

MODEL PRICE DISCOUNT NEEDED
iC402 - FREE - $80
3100 - FREE - $30
A900M - 9.99 - $70
RAZR - 29.99 - $70
RED - 39.99 - $80
FUSIC - 79.99 - $70
I265 - FREE - $50
I670 - 29.99 - $70
I580 - 229.99 - $50

Now factor in activation, and youre at the LEAST 60 bucks in discretion credits for EVERY phone, and $116 at the top end.
mrchuckbadazz

Mar 16, 2007, 4:24 PM
It makes sense from a corporate greed standpoint. The question is...What does Sprint have to gain from selling more phones online than in the store?
razzledazzle

Mar 16, 2007, 4:34 PM
Close all the stores and fire all the employees to go completely by internet! 😉
gozvzw

Mar 17, 2007, 4:04 PM
But then who would the customers yell at and tell them they are stupid?
razzledazzle

Mar 17, 2007, 4:17 PM
Customer Care! 😉
sarinsac

Jun 16, 2008, 3:57 PM
I say blame it on outsource, their inept, why not? they make my job hell!!!! 😲 🤣
Foamy

Mar 16, 2007, 5:16 PM
Less overhead. No rent to pay, no reps to pay, no electricity, no commission... etc.
raycarroll70

Mar 16, 2007, 5:38 PM
LOL! I love it. At our corporate stores, we will match the www.sprint.com online wireless offers so we get the activations.
Foamy

Mar 16, 2007, 5:40 PM
You love the fact that the corporate entity undercuts their agents to a point that many can't afford to match?

You are a lapdog. 🙄
raycarroll70

Mar 16, 2007, 5:48 PM
As it was said in You Got Mail, it's not personal. It's business. You might want to reevaluate who you work for and jump on board with a corporate retail store/kiosk.
About being a lapdog, I like to think of myself as an Alpha and it won't be long before Sprint becomes leader of the pack. We've been the first in many things and that streak won't end.
Foamy

Mar 16, 2007, 5:53 PM
Stop quoting movies... or at least quote good ones.

I know who I work for. Work being the operative word. It's my job, not my life. I would not want to work corporate because corporate is rigid and cold. Agents have flexibility.

As far as the lapdog goes, you are not more than a sprint puppet responding to their every action. Seriously, dude, it's just cell phones... go outside and try living life in the real world, this stuff ain't that deep.

On a final note, sprint will not be number 1. Mark my words, the day that happens I will eat my sock.
chocolateman85006

Mar 16, 2007, 6:07 PM
Although they are nowhere near perfect, Verizon shall be #1!
raycarroll70

Mar 16, 2007, 6:13 PM
There's something else I'd rather see you eat Foamy. 😉 😉 😉
yellowandblack

Mar 16, 2007, 6:31 PM
oh god....
i think i just threw up in my mouth a little...
😳
raycarroll70

Mar 16, 2007, 6:48 PM
Sounds like a line from the movie Dodgeball. LOL!
Foamy

Mar 19, 2007, 10:57 AM
You do realize I'm a guy, right? 😕
alcave21

Mar 19, 2007, 11:20 AM
foamy we all know you are a guy.... 😉 😎
Foamy

Mar 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
So, does that mean Ray is affirming what was accused of him previously?
BigShowJB

Jun 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
AGAIN!!!
Q_Q_Q

Mar 16, 2007, 6:56 PM
thers no way sprint will be first in anything except maybe a running to see who has the worst service 😁
Crapbag

Mar 16, 2007, 8:00 PM
raycarroll70 said:
LOL! I love it. At our corporate stores, we will match the www.sprint.com online wireless offers so we get the activations.

So what your saying is that you regularly overcharge your customers unless they have the forsight to look at your webpage before attempting to activate?
raycarroll70

Mar 16, 2007, 8:25 PM
Sprint doesn't overcharge customer who decide to purchase service in one of our retail stores/kiosks in lieu of the Sprint web site. You have to remember Crapbag, e commerce(company's web site) has the least cost factor in terms of aquiring customers where as brick and mortar(the retail stores/kiosks) has the most. The some of the savings from the e commerce channel is passed off by discounting products and services. We'll attempt to close customers and overcome objections related to activating via the Sprint website or over the phone with the Telesales department with the fact you get hands on with the wireless device and expert advice from knowledgable Retail Communications Consultant(Senior ones too). We'll reactively match our web offers...
(continues)
Crapbag

Mar 16, 2007, 8:36 PM
raycarroll70 said:
We'll reactively match our web offers as a Hail Mary play to keep the activation in our store.

Right, so you reward customers who are persistent on online pricing. If you charge one customer one price and another customer a higher price you are in affect overcharging the higher paying customer, as they are recieving no more for their higher price tag. If you want to work ethically you should either always match online pricing or never match online pricing. Playing favorites is shady. Now if you were to look at the number of customers who you have given online discounts to and compare that with ethenicity you could even possibly be called racist for offering said customers this disco...
(continues)
Crapbag

Mar 16, 2007, 8:52 PM
Still here ray?
Q_Q_Q

Mar 16, 2007, 8:56 PM
looks like he ran away, probably trying to find more disclaimers to type on here 🤣
Crapbag

Mar 16, 2007, 9:15 PM
I guess he is, by not replying, owning up to being a scandalous sales man then, as well as admitting that corp Sprint follows this same biased practice of overcharging most of their customers. 😉
Q_Q_Q

Mar 16, 2007, 9:25 PM
yeah i guess thats why sprint is gonna be number one 🙄
raycarroll70

Mar 17, 2007, 8:01 AM
We reactively match the our web offers which in essence means unless a customer mentions it, we won't.
Crapbag

Mar 17, 2007, 11:49 AM
So you regularly charge one customer one amount and the next customer a different amount.
Q_Q_Q

Mar 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
which, in turn, proves that you do rip them off, so if a customer comes in and says something about it youll give them the price but if they dont they no harm no foul?? that some sheisty behavior there, sounds like sprint plays favorites towards the cheap@sses
BigShowJB

Jun 17, 2008, 10:19 AM
Crapbag said:

Right, so you reward customers who are persistent on online pricing.

no, they are rewarding the educated customer
krickt

Mar 17, 2007, 9:43 AM
No, what he's saying is that he's willing to lose money on one hand to make Sprint happy about activations on the other hand.
Crapbag

Mar 17, 2007, 12:08 PM
krickt said:
No, what he's saying is that he's willing to lose money on one hand to make Sprint happy about activations on the other hand.

I don't mean to argue with you, but sprint would get their activation one way or the other. If they go online sprint still gets the activation. What he is doing is shifting prices to ensure his own gain rather than that of sprint as a whole.
krickt

Mar 17, 2007, 1:07 PM
I don't know how sprint works, but with my company, if I sell phones at a price not sanctioned by my company (I have a sheet that keeps up with that kind of thing) then I lose money. I can't compete with online prices, and my company will not compensate me if I try. So If I give the lower price, I (me personally, right out of my budget) lose money, but my company gets an activation. That's all I was comparing it to.
WhoDey

Mar 17, 2007, 4:44 PM
Hey chuckles, I work for corporate.

The point is, all of these discounts go towards my stores (and my personal) incremental discounting. The goal is to stay under 10.00 per gross add.

SOOOOO, If I sell one of the iC402's for free, and give activation away, thats 116 dollars of discretions... thereby putting me at 116 dollars per add for that line.

That, in turn, prohibits me from offering discounts to the next 12 customers I deal with.
Its curious to me that your store manager and RSM dont care about incremental discounting.. seems like managment would certainly care.

The real solution is, instead of making me use "Manager Discretion" discounts, give me a discount code for "Sprint.com" and dont count those against my discretions...
(continues)
chocolateman85006

Mar 19, 2007, 11:27 AM
I don't like Sprint because they tried to give me an ETF, although it was day 28. Ain't that a bitch?!
StarryNight

Mar 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
Ray's right about the fact that sprint.com gives additional discounts because their labor cost is almost nil compared to ours in the store.

We also match 3rd party dealers (radioshack, best buy, etc) because they also give their own discounts, beyond what sprint can offer them to sell the phones.

Quite simply, it's because they're paying us in a corporate store to stand here and sell the phones, and the additional discounts they give elsewhere are because that labor cost is not a factor.

Is this right? Who knows. But for many of our customers, it's worth it to pay the extra ten, or twenty bucks or whatever to deal with someone face to face.
WhoDey

Mar 19, 2007, 11:01 PM
I dont dispute that.
The concern I raise, is we (as store reps) are not allowed to just discount phones any time we feel like it.

My goal this month is in the low 30's.. broken down, that is about 18 bucks per activation commission.
I have AROUND 300 dollars of discounts to play with, if I want to stay below the discounting goal set for me.

If I were to do 3 of the iC402's, my discounting would be DONE for the month.. so, if that family that comes in tomorrow wants 4 lines, but wants free activation.. ooooh, sorry.. cant really do that, as sprint.com matching has screwed me for the month.
So, there goes my 80 bucks in commission for that sale, simply because I get penalized for matching SPRINTS PRICES!!!
DJ Parkay

Mar 20, 2007, 5:13 PM
Two incompatible networks, msasive lay-offs, unrest between the retail sales and web sales staff...
Sounds like sprints goin down! Hope you like your 3 competitors because you'll be wearing one of those uniforms by the end of the year!
God I love coporate takeovers!
raycarroll70

Mar 20, 2007, 5:24 PM
We now have the PowerSource handsets that have the best of both networks, CDMA for voice as well as data and iDEN for PTT. As far as retail versus telesales employees goes, we're all on the same team trying to acquire new customers. The massive layoff you mentioned? If you look at the grand scope of things in the wireless industry and corporate America for that point, layoffs, downsizing, involuntary separations, whatever you want to call it, is a cold reality in any industry. 5,000 Sprint employee cuts sounds like a large number, but look at Ford Motors, Pfizer, Motorola and IBM who all had massive layoffs in recent years. For an orange tree to grow, sometimes you have to prune healthy branches in order for the new branches to be more fruit...
(continues)
gozvzw

Mar 21, 2007, 9:43 AM
That sounds like a load of crap fed to you by Corp. Do you think the 5,000 people laid off would agree, what about their kids? I bet you would be singing a different tune if you were laid off by your beloved Sprint.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.