Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Don't Break Your Phone!

Crapbag

Mar 11, 2007, 4:31 PM
Customer comes in to ask if his phone is in warranty-able condition. I look at it and mention that I am not authorized to say whether it is or isn't but I can tell if there is physical damage. Turns out that the outside display is cracked, which is also why he wants to warranty it.

Of course from here it goes on to why its most likely not warranty-able. Turns out warranty services already told him this and got tired of talking to him and told him to come into a store. So after twenty minutes of me telling him that even though he insists he won't leave my store without a new phone and me insisting that the only way he is leaving my store with a new phone is if he buys one, he finally resolves to try a cor location instead.

Of course...
(continues)
SarahJo

Mar 12, 2007, 9:01 AM
Then I guess they're never getting a cell phone 😁
not2brite

Mar 12, 2007, 9:12 AM
You're better to walk away from someting like that deal...a chargeback just waiting to happen...

Give 'em the old "new car" story...you know, you buy a new car and wreck it, GM will not give you a new car...
Crapbag

Mar 12, 2007, 9:10 PM
Wow, I typed this yesterday? Its scary how long 24 hours can feel, and yet the weeks go by so fast!

Yeah, I gave them the old crash your car without insurance speach. They wouldn't have had coverage at their home any ways.

I wonder if walmart would give me my cash back on a hairdryer if I were to attempt suicide with it and fail...
Q_Q_Q

Mar 12, 2007, 9:15 PM
you can return anything to wal-mart, even if its not from their store its great 🤣
raycarroll70

Mar 12, 2007, 10:05 PM
That's quite a dishonest thing at the very least to be doing, buy a product from one store to return it later at a different one. The ethics of many of the forum members here makes me wonder...
Q_Q_Q

Mar 12, 2007, 10:19 PM
its the truth though, not something i personally would do but ive seen it hapen n many occasions
StarryNight

Mar 13, 2007, 11:26 AM
I had a friend who bought a car stereo from wal-mart, took out his stock stereo and put it in the new stereo box, and returned it. This kid is not my friend anymore (stopped talking to him 'cause he was shady).

In this scenario, though, I kinda blame the Wal-Mart rep. Why wouldn't you check the contents of the box BEFORE accepting the return?!
jestcuzzgrl

Mar 12, 2007, 9:20 AM
He didn't have insurance? 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.