Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

The pony analogies

piratespoon

Mar 4, 2007, 11:58 PM
I work in a place where they keep trying to make good analogies to the business that we are in since a lot of customers don't seem to understand...

So I have come up with the pony analogies:

We sell ponies and upkeep of ponies. (upkeep = pony food and a posiblly a saddle)

We don't make ponies, we never have made ponies. We just sell ponies and their upkeep.

You can buy a pony online and then pay us to do their upkeep.

You can buy a donkey that looks and act like a pony, but unfortunately we don't service donkeys, just ponies.

That's great that you want us to do upkeep on your llama, but unfortunately we can only do ponies.

No, I don't really know where you can get service for your llama, but would you like to try out a p...
(continues)
krickt

Mar 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
My whole shop is laughing, thank you for the great analogy.
goodbyejack

Mar 5, 2007, 12:00 PM
I have one!

Sir, we brand our ponies. And this pony you brought me doesnt have the correct brand on it. Which means you cant use this pony on our farm. You pony can only been used on a dude ranch. BIG DIFFERENCE.
krickt

Mar 5, 2007, 12:18 PM
I love it! Good job.
goodbyejack

Mar 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
I worked very hard on that one. Its not as easy as it looks. Had to get some co-worker input to get that one finished. I bow to piratespoon. You have to be VERY creative to come up with all that. Good Job! 🤣
sweetsoprano

Mar 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
If you ride your pony more than the contract allows, there are extra charges. If you don't pay the bill in a timely fashion, we will come and get the pony and you will not be able to ride the pony until you pay the bill. No, we will not issue a credit because your son rode the pony without your knowledge.

Also, saddles are not free.
goodbyejack

Mar 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
That is the most awesome thing I have ever read in my life. I copied that and sent it to all of my co-workers! We love ponies and unicorns in my store.
bdizzle

Mar 5, 2007, 2:44 PM
That is great! It works with anything:

We sell Tomatoes and upkeep of Tomatoes. (upkeep = dirt, water, and fertilizer)

We don't make Tomatoes, we never have made Tomatoes. We just sell Tomatoes and their upkeep.

You can buy Tomatoes online and then pay us to do their upkeep.

You can buy a Apple that looks and act like a Tomato, but unfortunately we don't service apples, just Tomatoes.

That's great that you want us to do upkeep on your green beans, but unfortunately we can only do Tomatoes.

No, I don't really know where you can get service for your green beens, but would you like to try out a tomato?

You bought a cherry tomato we cannot trade it in 6 months later for a sundried tomato because we cannot re-sell it as a ne...
(continues)
computerking

Mar 5, 2007, 4:26 PM
do you upkeep a tomato? Why would you sign a 2 year upkeep contract on a tamota that will be gone in a few weeks at most?
bdizzle

Mar 5, 2007, 5:35 PM
I am sure that if someone told you they had a program to ensure that your tomato would last 2 years (baring customer abuse, or mistreatment) you would sign up for the upkeep program!
billthephoneguy

Mar 5, 2007, 7:20 PM
Just because you want to get a llama does not mean that you can cancle your pony contract without paying the cancelation fee.
deliriumfrenzy

Mar 5, 2007, 9:46 PM
If you are not quite confident about your ability to keep this pony from falling into a hole and breaking its leg, we do sell insurance that would help you to get a new pony. You may have to pay a deductible if the pony is a particularly nice pony. If you do not have insurance and you break your pony, don't expect a new pony for free. Don't even expect a new pony for cheap. after all, you broke your pony. We didn't break your pony. We offered you insurance in case you broke your pony and you didn't accept it. We have no sympathy.
goodbyejack

Mar 6, 2007, 9:54 AM
OMG this is so awesome! I forwarded this to everyone in my area and people are just falling out of their chairs. Dont worry, I gave you credit for it mr. pirate :-) And true, you can use this with any thing really, but ponies are ponies! You can compare a pony to a tomato! We are all silly.
black_burry

Mar 7, 2007, 12:56 PM
deliriumfrenzy said:
We have no sympathy.

😈 😈 🤣
jestcuzzgrl

Mar 6, 2007, 10:06 AM
*clapping* WOW
sweetsoprano

Mar 6, 2007, 10:37 AM
I am going to have to access this site from home so I can print this and pass it around. I am hollering right now.
Whizzzel

Mar 7, 2007, 12:39 AM
I'm sorry you bought a pony with a broken leg but you have had it for three months. If you had brought it in when you noticed the broken leg instead of ridding it for three months we may have been able to do something for you. Since you didn't have pony insurance to cover the vet bills, you will have to put your pony to sleep and get a new pony. I'm very sorry for your loss.... dumba$$

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.