Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

wow...that sucked...

kapwww

Mar 2, 2007, 10:26 AM
I spent an hour yesterday talking to a guy who wanted to upgrade his account. He wanted 3 new phones, data, accessories, higher price plan, money wasn't an issue, etc. I sold him his phones 2 years ago, so I knew who he was. He told me her really enjoy talking to me and what he wanted. I got it all out and as we were ready to get started, he says "Oh...I'm not buying them here. My daughter lives in XXX town and I'll just go over there to buy them with her. If she doesn't have her choice, I'll never hear the end of it." I mentioned that the other store wasn't part of my company (agent) and that I would give him 15 days to exchange the phone if she didn't like it. I also told him I could give him 2 of the 3 new phones and she could get...
(continues)
blusdrmr

Mar 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
I hate that crap.
Grim Reaper

Mar 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
Thank you! 😁

It happens here too. But we alos get the same effect, being someone goes to another store, then comes back here to buy their new phones. It's the balance of the industry.
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
I've had customers do the same exact thing!
The latest was kinda funny. We worked up his plan, decided what phones he wanted and everything. Then he went to another agency and renewed and bought all his accessories (about $150 worth) and everything. Then he didn't like the way he was treated and decided that he wanted a different phone. So he comes in to my store to do the exchange.

You all know what happened next, I had to send him back to where he got it. I told him that I didn't know if he had many options, except to go back to the agency he gave his business to.
He got all huffy, insisting that his business was strictly done in my town, and that shopping elsewhere didn't change that.

I smiled. "oh, yes it does. I c...
(continues)
Copper Emeritus

Mar 2, 2007, 3:12 PM
I think people do this because they are lazy, stupid, and down home ass*****s.

I was having a littler trouble with my phone dropping calls, so I stopped in a a corporate store near where we just moved to about six months ago. The young man that helped me took a look at my phone and suggested that I upgrade my Sim card, suggesting that it might help. He done it for me right then and there, no charge. I asked him about my wife's and daughter's phones and he said just bring them in and he would take care of them also. I did and he did.

I knew he did not make any money off that deal, and he probably spent close to 30 minutes or more total on all of our phones, so when he got done I went next door to a nice steak place and got him a gift ce...
(continues)
mallbound

Mar 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
Why aren't customers like you more plentiful? People wonder why customer serice is known for being kinda skunky in wireless, its because a lot of customers treat the reps like junk and that attitude carries forward. Now I'm not saying everyone should buy their wireless rep a gift certificate for good service (although I wouldn't complain if I got one), just that you get what you give. If you are appreciative and understanding, in general, the rep will reciprocate that. For someone to understand that it makes our jobs so much more fufilling. Thank you sir and I hope the rep there continues to give you great service!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.