Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Authorized Users

goodbyejack

Mar 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
Good Afternoon All!

I have a question, recently the cellular company I work for has done anyway with Authorized Users. Now, anyone that wants to make changes etc . . needs to know the account holders name, address, and last four of the social and if applicable passcode. We have to have a picture ID and notate the account with the name of the person and that they verified all account info. What do you all think about this? I can think right off the top of my head about 25 customers that have problems with family/friends that know all this info and dont want them to have access to the account. Any thoughts on this new policy?
ralph_on_me

Mar 1, 2007, 12:42 PM
Have them put a password on the account.
goodbyejack

Mar 1, 2007, 12:46 PM
I recommend that to everyone. But, I just wanted to know what everyone thought about this new policy. Good, Bad, the ugly? HA HA, had to throw that one in. I dont think this is a good move at all. I think its going to cause a lot of problems and confusions.
jayhova

Mar 1, 2007, 12:47 PM
Who are you with?
goodbyejack

Mar 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
Cingular Wirless now the AT&T ๐Ÿ˜
chocolateman85006

Mar 2, 2007, 4:41 PM
I still wonder why it's going back to at&t. Maybe that's another thread.
krickt

Mar 2, 2007, 4:42 PM
Oh, please, don't start that thread again.....
chocolateman85006

Mar 2, 2007, 5:08 PM
That wasn't my goal. I can look in the Cingular forum if I wanna know why.
ralph_on_me

Mar 1, 2007, 1:16 PM
People used to b*tch about the authorized user policy, "But that's my husband, I should be allowed to make changes, I set up the account!"

I think after giving them what they want for a few months they'll be begging for the old system back.
goodbyejack

Mar 1, 2007, 1:21 PM
I totaly agree. Its just like the mail in rebates. people were griping about getting checks, and now they send out Visa gift cards. And now people gripe about that. You just cant make people happy.
ralph_on_me

Mar 1, 2007, 1:33 PM
We could do away with rebates all together and just have customers pay a higher price for the phones!
alejandro

Mar 1, 2007, 1:35 PM
or the lower price would work...
ralph_on_me

Mar 1, 2007, 1:37 PM
no... too easy. People would like that to much too.
alejandro

Mar 1, 2007, 2:08 PM
well im in the middle of getting screwed out of my rebate so i have no sympathy for the process at this point.
frankiewawa

Mar 1, 2007, 6:20 PM
Maybe you should fill it out properly ๐Ÿ˜›
Well I have no idea what happened, im just playin around.

also, people already bitch about phone pricing. If they get a cheap or free phone, they want free or discounted accy... cmon people stop beiing so cheap! ๐Ÿคจ
MrAbstracto

Mar 1, 2007, 6:46 PM
When you filled it out, you did put a white sounding name on it, right?
sweetsoprano

Mar 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
That doesn't sound like a good policy AT ALL. The info that you're asking for (name, address, last four of social) is relatively easy to find if you know the account holder in a familial or intimate capacity. I know my parents and possibly an older sibling or two know all this info about me and I do NOT want them accessing my account in any way, shape, or form (which is why mine is password-protected with something only I would know). Not a good look for Cingy...I can see the lawsuits now...
goodbyejack

Mar 1, 2007, 1:00 PM
I know. Everyone that comes through the door, I explain the new policy and recommend they password protect their account or if it is already password protected, to change it to something else.
supermep

Mar 1, 2007, 1:33 PM
It helps us when we KNOW the person isnt lying about who they are but it could risk some serious fraud as well... you can't have a party without paying the band tho...
kysuz

Mar 2, 2007, 4:30 PM
You're right that the new procedure could lead to additional fraud, especially if the procedure is explained in detail to the wrong people. Making the procedure well-known (by posting details on public websites) will only make it worse.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.